Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry on Game Boy Color

Bobby_Typhoon

Novice
I am trying to find a copy of any game from the first three Wizardry games.

http://www.dungeoncrawlers.org/platforms/game-boy-color/

They happened to be released on GBC and I have already checked ebay and amazon looking for used copies but have had no luck. Would anyone here know of a source to obtain any or possibly all three of the games? Thanks.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
All the Wizardry games on the game boy came out in Japan... Not really good news if you are looking to strictly play on a portable device.

Wiz 1-8 Are in English on the PC
Wizardry 5 is on the SNES in English
Wizardry 1 & Wizardry 2 is on the NES in English

Found some links on Ebay for these. Not sure if this helps any.

You forgot Wizardry 1-3 was also translated on the SNES.

Just as well, 1-5 was released on the playstation, not fully in English mind by playable enough.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I didnt want to mention that one only for the reason if he wanted to play on an original console, it wont work due to region lockout. This could be bypassed if he gets one of those newer multi-console systems like a Retron and find a cart that is patched with the English patch. Might be able to find one through NintendoAge or Flashback Entertainment if someone really wants to do the nostalgic console way.

Modified Xbox is the way to go with everything loaded on it to play on a TV :D You can load all your patched translated ROMS on it! --->

Also you can play it on a Dreamcast with an emulator but you have to put it on a disc. (Never liked that big controller..)

If anybody wants any advice on setting any of these consoles up for emulation I will be more than happy to help. Great if you got one of these sitting around in a closet and you want to use it to play old school games :D

Last edited:

Bobby_Typhoon

Novice
Well I have been wanting to homebrew my DS lite for a while, and install DOSbox to run older games like Wizardry. Unfortunately I just don't have the free cash to purchase a DSi card. I didn't realize the Wizardry games on the Game Boy were Japan releases only. That is a bummer. I have ordered a copy of Eye of the Beholder for GBA off of ebay and am hoping that fills my portable dungeon-crawling needs for a while. Thanks for the information though.

Bobby_Typhoon

Novice
Hahaha, well my wife regularly sells things on eBay but even then, things for us are tight right now. Maybe after taxes I will be able to homebrew my DS. I have been wanting to do it mainly for this, http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/ and I have recently been trying to find out if there is an Amiga emulator for the DS. Would you happen to know if that is possible, everything I have read hasn't seemed very promising. Also, if I mod my Xbox to run emulators, will I still be able to use the Netflix app through Xbox Live? That's been my only main concern for not modifying it yet.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I never messed around with the DS for emulating stuff as I don't take games on the go....

With regards to the Xbox I was meaning the old black one. Those things are built to last except for the crappy drive tray which you have to replace the belts on but other than that no red rings of death and they barely overheat! It also has an Amiga emulator for it as well. You can usually get one on Craigslist for 15-40 bucks. I just threw in a 750gb in one for somebody for $35 after I made an offer on eBay. If you are serious about that, here is the vendor I bought it from. He had 10 left when I just checked the guys selling page. Really not bad as they are a lot of money most of the time!!! ----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Seagate-750GB-ST3750640NA-w-xServe-Hard-Drive-HDD-ATA-IDE-655-1351A-T2HD7/161493163949?_trksid=p2050601.c100271.m3466&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20140716145905&meid=ea639689600b46a79ca490aba6023925&pid=100271&prg=20140716145905&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=251769304590&clkid=3178118927285798903&_qi=RTM1963930

Bobby_Typhoon

Novice
Tell her to sell her used socks and panties. Become rich in no time!

Could I sell my own used socks and drawers? Or would I earn substantially less than my wife?

I never messed around with the DS for emulating stuff as I don't take games on the go....

With regards to the Xbox I was meaning the old black one. Those things are built to last except for the crappy drive tray which you have to replace the belts on but other than that no red rings of death and they barely overheat! It also has an Amiga emulator for it as well. You can usually get one on Craigslist for 15-40 bucks. I just threw in a 750gb in one for somebody for $35 after I made an offer on eBay. If you are serious about that, here is the vendor I bought it from. He had 10 left when I just checked the guys selling page. Really not bad as they are a lot of money most of the time!!! ----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Seagate-750GB-ST3750640NA-w-xServe-Hard-Drive-HDD-ATA-IDE-655-1351A-T2HD7/161493163949?_trksid=p2050601.c100271.m3466&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20140716145905&meid=ea639689600b46a79ca490aba6023925&pid=100271&prg=20140716145905&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=251769304590&clkid=3178118927285798903&_qi=RTM1963930

I see, I was unaware the original Xbox could be modded as extinsively as the 360 and made to emulate. However my needs are definitely in the portable category right now. I spend my time between classes playing on my DS so that's the main reason for portability. Again, thanks for the help. Guess I will just have to wait for my tax return to start the homebrewing process.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
I didnt want to mention that one only for the reason if he wanted to play on an original console, it wont work due to region lockout. This could be bypassed if he gets one of those newer multi-console systems like a Retron and find a cart that is patched with the English patch. Might be able to find one through NintendoAge or Flashback Entertainment if someone really wants to do the nostalgic console way.

Honestly, disabling the region lockout for a SNES isn't a lot of work if you're not a complete retard with a soldering iron: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snes-5060hz-switch-with-lockout-switch/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom