Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry cheat codes?

andwan0

Novice
Does anyone know whether game genie or pro action replay cheats exist for PSX games like:

Wizardry - Llylgamyn Saga

This is one hard game and looking for some codes to help me out.

Or, any cheat/codes for Wizardry 1 on Turbo CD?

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
okf0_quickmemo+_2017-05-30-16-39-24-1.png

Alkarl

Learned
Try this one: Get Gud

Works on every game. Its like the Konami code of the universe.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Dude, the challenge is the literal point of the game. If you can't git gud, then play something else.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Lets Play Wizardry: Video Walkthrough:

O
_/
/\

(C)ast a spell
(K)ill it with ur sword

Press K to win.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
If you really want to cheat, just learn to use Cheat Engine. It can be used with emulators as well.

But yeah, might as well play something else if you don't like the combat, which is literally the point of the game.

andwan0

Novice
lol, ultima underworld - is not that hard and is fairly paced game
but wizardry is super hard, get poison all the time, get lost, have to backtrack all the way back to surface just to heal & revive...

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
but wizardry is super hard, get poison all the time, get lost, have to backtrack all the way back to surface just to heal & revive...
If that's not the experience that you look fo in this game, we can't help you. This game was not meant for you. Btw, you really shouldn't get too lost, that's why you map. You make the map so you know your way around. Also, Potions of Neutralization(I think, might be SNES version) and a Priest spell can cure poison. If you aren't high level enough to have Latumofis, you shouldn't be on Floor 4 (iirc, that's the first floor with poisoning monsters, might be three I'm thinking of though).

ore clover

Learned
If that's not the experience that you look fo in this game, we can't help you. This game was not meant for you. Btw, you really shouldn't get too lost, that's why you map. You make the map so you know your way around. Also, Potions of Neutralization(I think, might be SNES version) and a Priest spell can cure poison. If you aren't high level enough to have Latumofis, you shouldn't be on Floor 4 (iirc, that's the first floor with poisoning monsters, might be three I'm thinking of though).
Maybe it's different with each port, but with the dos version I started seeing poisonous monsters as early as the second floor. It didn't take very long to level up my priest to acquire latumofis; I triumphantly bought a potion version in the store, but immediately after realized my priest could level up and learn the spell himself.

OP, I suspect you are having trouble because you're moving too quickly. Mapping may sound tedious, but it helps rack up experience while you explore all the twists and turns of a floor. Perhaps one of the ports has an automap feature? My experience doesn't go beyond the dos edition.

Grid Cartographer works very well with Wiz 1; even has an autotracker if you don't want to keep recalculating your position in the maze.

andwan0

Novice
don't worry guys, I think I got the hang of wizardry now.
good game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom