Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 3 sales beaten witcher 2 by 600% and Battlefield Hardline by 50%

Cadmus

Arcane
that's looking bad for the PC masterrace that keeps complaining about the downgrade

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Keep in mind that those are just the retail sales. I doubt many people buy physical disks on the PC anymore. The digital sales are probably much better.

Morkar Left

It's unbelievable for me how people like to cripple themselves...

Cadmus

Arcane
yeah unbelievable ...
except the PS4 version is the same as the PC and PC to run this game costs 2x as much as the shitty PS4.

Athelas

Arcane
I always like reading about sales figures that tell me nothing about the actual sales.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
yeah unbelievable ...
except the PS4 version is the same as the PC and PC to run this game costs 2x as much as the shitty PS4.

Consoles have better optimizations because you don't have OS like windows running on top that eats extra power.

Console power equal times four = PC

It has always been like this, just look at PS 2 and PS 3 era. 256mb graphics card in ps3 and it runs gta 5. You need 4 times more powerfull PC than a console to run same games.

Cadmus

Arcane
yeah unbelievable ...

Consoles have better optimizations because you don't have OS like windows running on top that eats extra power.

It has always been like this, just look at PS 2 and PS 3 era. 256mb graphics card in ps3 and it runs gta 5. You need 4 times more powerfull PC than a console to run same games.
you dont need to tell me, I'm just saying that it's not "crippling onself" to be playing this game on the console

odrzut

Arcane
I really don't care about your petty random PC vs pre-built PC (known as consoles) wars, but stop talking shit.

Consoles do have operating systems too, just a little more specialized. Xbox even runs on stripped windows and has a virtual machine embedded. Talk about "eating extra power" and layers of abstraction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One_system_software

And the figure 4 times is bullshit. All depends on the workload (the kind of game, and coding style used to implement it).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
And the figure 4 times is bullshit. All depends on the workload (the kind of game, and coding style used to implement it).

Random few games from PS3 (256mb vid card) vs PC min requirements

metro last light 1gb vid card

skyrim 1gb card

gta 5 1gb card

mass effect 3 512mb card

Morkar Left

yeah unbelievable ...

They buy cheap stock-tech which is technically a low-tech pc to a lower price and are crippled with higher game prices which stay at an all-time high. I agree that pcs are becoming less useful with people using smart-phones and the necessary for writing real letters diminishing but a console IS limiting the technical abilities of games. On top of that consoles becoming more pricey anyway plus less reliable than they used to be. Desktop PC's on the other hand are actually cheap after you took the initial steep price for getting your first equipment. After that it's usually just buying a new gfx card after 2-4 years and maybe a bit of additional ram.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Except the PC also runs at a higher resolution, higher FPS and far better post-processing quality.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Adam Kicinski said in an interview. "We broke into the mainstream. It is such a moment in our firm's history that after some years people will look differently at CD Projekt before and after this release."
Dude can't wait for the EA acquisition.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Adam Kicinski said in an interview. "We broke into the mainstream. It is such a moment in our firm's history that after some years people will look differently at CD Projekt before and after this release."
Yes, it will be glorious when CD projekt acquires EA!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yes, it will be glorious when CD projekt acquires EA!

or EA CDP, and CDP will join glorious mainstream makers like Bioware.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm just curious, do the profits of the Witcha go to CDProjekt? I heard they make some cash with GoG and they having their own money on Witcha 3 isn't that unbelievable or they have the usual publisher contract "We pay you in potatoes and we get the money." with Warner Bros?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom