Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 3 getting innovated

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...kt-red-explains-multiplayer-programmer-job-ad

"We want to bring to the team someone experienced in this field to evaluate our concepts and ideas. He will be one of backbone elements of our R&D.

"We believe that there's still a lot of space for innovation in the RPG genre. At this stage of our games' development, we want to explore all possible directions, check what would be cool, what's feasible and - always the most important for us - what suits our games the best."

The Multiplayer Programmer job advert advertised for someone to "prepare our engine for challenges of upcoming online component of our future games", which probably means, "prepare our engine for the upcoming challenges of adding an online component to our future games".

Responsibilities will include "creating a roadmap of changes necessary to add multiplayer to the Red Engine", and "helping in design and implementation of multiplayer changes to existing systems", among other things.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...kt-red-explains-multiplayer-programmer-job-ad

"We want to bring to the team someone experienced in this field to evaluate our concepts and ideas. He will be one of backbone elements of our R&D.

"We believe that there's still a lot of space for innovation in the RPG genre. At this stage of our games' development, we want to explore all possible directions, check what would be cool, what's feasible and - always the most important for us - what suits our games the best."

The Multiplayer Programmer job advert advertised for someone to "prepare our engine for challenges of upcoming online component of our future games", which probably means, "prepare our engine for the upcoming challenges of adding an online component to our future games".

Responsibilities will include "creating a roadmap of changes necessary to add multiplayer to the Red Engine", and "helping in design and implementation of multiplayer changes to existing systems", among other things.

Well, my guess is they are going to have arena co-op and/or PvP. Which isn't a bad thing at all, as it will force them to redesign combat system which kind of sucks, and would suck in multiplayer even more.

Phelot

Arcane
Now you can experience awesome cutscenes with your friends! Also, group romance :bounce:

Whatever. Probably is too early to speculate. CDP suck at making RPGs and shouldn't try to do it, which is what they did with TW2 and you know what? It ended up being way better than TW1.

sorrowofwind

Novice
QTE during sex scenes with your friends. When you press a button, something awesome happens. Twitcher 3 Xtreme edition.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It is like it is a worldwide conspiracy to give hardcore gamers new dreams, only to shatter them at the first opportunity. We are Sisyphus, CD Projekt, Bethesda and Bioware are our boulders.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
W2 took a lot of cues from ME2 in regards to system overhauling so it makes sense they'd take some more cues from ME3. :M

made

Arcane
My money's on co-op. It's all the rage lately and all the female/LGBWTF gamers who just can't roleplay Geralt will get to play as Triss thus opening a whole new market to the franchise.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just hope The Witcher won't become a F2P MMORPG 5 years from now.

Funny-Animals-TARGET-ACQUIRED.jpg
medium_johnny_ricc.jpg

nailed it.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Goddammit when will the disappointment end?!

HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB

You gotta stop having hopes, my son. That's how it works, that's how you make yourself insensible to the horrors of the world. Take my hand, I will show you how it works

TRUSTING ME WAS YOUR LAST MISTAKE

Rpgsaurus Rex

I really wanted to like Witcher 1 when it came out, but couldn't get past the first few areas. Combat sucked, dialogues felt banal shit boring, just 0 motivation to continue.

Not sure why anyone could be hyped about Witcher 2 or 3.

Except for "masturbation cards", that is.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I really wanted to like Witcher 1 when it came out, but couldn't get past the first few areas. Combat sucked, dialogues felt banal shit boring, just 0 motivation to continue.

Not sure why anyone could be hyped about Witcher 2 or 3.

Except for "masturbation cards", that is.

Because you never masturbated in your life ? Or because you have so low standards, that you are actually able to masturbate to a picture?

In other words, trim the bullshit. They are mediocre-to-good rpgs far from plain retardness.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Because you never masturbated in your life ? Or because you have so low standards, that you are actually able to masturbate to a picture?

:hmmm:

On topic: no, W1 was actually one of the worst modern RPGs in my memory, up there with Oblivion.

joeydohn

Savant
Perhaps they'll do something original and innovative like making multiplayer a virtual requirement to earn resources and favour for your faction, in order to increase the chance that you'll beat the other faction at the end of the game, allowing you you to witness the majestic white/grey/black ending cutscenes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom