Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2: Game questions (SPOILERS)

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I'm trying to complete the Melitele's Heart quest.

I have the troll tongue. I have the essence of death. I have the arachas eyes.

I have twenty something 'endrega embryos.'

The quest tracker is 3/4 and the quest giver says I don't have all of the ingredients.

I've done a google search and many forum threads I've found are saying that the embryos are the fetus'.

Either these people are all mistaken or the game is bugged.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

***EDIT*** I uh... used my troll tongue making a bomb or something. I bought a new one so all is well.

Black

Arcane
It's queen endrega embryos. You probably used them up in alchemy. Good job :thumbsup:

jiujitsu

Cipher
Black said:
It's queen endrega embryos. You probably used them up in alchemy. Good job :thumbsup:

I've killed both queens and looted both of them. I haven't sold anything from them.

mwnn

Novice
Did you loot the endrega pods when you killed them? (to make the queen appear)

Black

Arcane
WHAT FUCKING PART OF "USED THEM UP IN ALCHEMY" YOU DON'T GET JEWJITSU

jiujitsu

Cipher
Black said:

If that's the case then what is the exact name of the item in question?

If it's Endrega Embryo I have over twenty of them.

flabbyjack

Arcane
jiujitsu said:
Black said:

If that's the case then what is the exact name of the item in question?

If it's Endrega Embryo I have over twenty of them.
It's found in the Quest Item section, not the crafting item section. Should be something like 'Queen Endrega Embryo'. Who the hell designed this stupid inventory system? Oh wait... polish designers nvm...

jiujitsu

Cipher
I have the items from both Endrega queens. The quest giver won't advance the quest.

flabbyjack

Arcane
jiujitsu said:
I have the items from both Endrega queens. The quest giver won't advance the quest.

You're probably still missing an item, it's 3 required items, and one of two remaining items for a total requirement of 4/5 items. Given that combination, it's possible to have 4 items without having 4 of the required 4 items. Better luck next time :/
I think if you camp enough of the respawning harpies, you can get a harpy egg to replace what you are missing. Damn those last chapters suck don't they?

jiujitsu

Cipher
flabbyjack said:
jiujitsu said:

You're probably still missing an item, it's 3 required items, and one of two remaining items for a total requirement of 4/5 items. Given that combination, it's possible to have 4 items without having 4 of the required 4 items. Better luck next time :/
I think if you camp enough of the respawning harpies, you can get a harpy egg to replace what you are missing. Damn those last chapters suck don't they?

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. I'm in chapter 1 doing a chapter 1 only quest. Harpies have nothing to do with it.

I just want a damn console command or mod that fixes this broken quest. Everywhere I searched online people say that embryo = fetus, but the quest giver doesn't give a rats ass about my embryos.

This shit is fucked. It's great fun to replay a game for the content you missed and have the missed content bug the fuck out with no solution. Awesome.

I know this guessing game is fun and all, but you could - hypothetically - just post screens of all 4 ingredients in your inventory. We'd know if they're the right ones and - if so - inform you of the futility in lamenting to us and send you on your merry way to GOG forums to report the glitch.

Riso

Arcane
Stupid faggot used his troll tongue in a recipe.

Show's over people.

VVV make me :smug:

jiujitsu

Cipher
Well, I found the 4th item. The embryos WERE counted in the 3/4, but my TROLL TONGUE was GONE! I must have used it making bombs. I bought another one from Cedric and now it's time to kill wraiths for an hour. Ta ta :love:

EDIT: Fuck you, Riso. Get out of my thread. :thumbsup:

Mrowak

Arcane
Havoc said:
You could buy a troll tounge? FUCK! I'M SORRY TROLL! :(

You could also win it in dice-poker together with she-troll's head.

Deleted member 7219

Annoying that they marked them as useable. In my first playthrough I handed them in no problems, but in my second I must have used the fetus in potion making... fuuuu.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
I do know I can google the walkthrough in no time. But I do not want a solution, just a tip: "yes, it is a bug" or "no, just keep looking".
Balitmore, the smith master. I have his notes, I have his key. Did not figure out an entire path, but the end of the way is obvious. I have found the door,s the sunken wreck is pointing to. I used igni on the bushes. And then: "You need the key". I have the fucking key, damn it. Is it the game's bug or I overlook something. No details, please. Yes or no?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom