Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Witcher 1 remake from The Thaumaturge devs

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Yeah, right. Right after Our ascension to the Papal Throne.

There is only one true Pope. Our polish Pope. The Pope.

968-1654383214-1691100227.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/968
Ivane Pavle Drugi, Hrvatski te narod ljubi!

U MOLITVI SKUPA S TOBOM , STOJIMO PRED DRAGIM BOGOM

Thank you for introducing me to this absolutely based mod

since geralt automatically hides his sword if you don't do anything with it (in the locations where you can draw it in the first place), it's optimal to constantly switch between strong/fast as you run
shaves off a few dozen minutes in a normal playthrough
Since I set it to +10% I don't need to do that anymore. That's the max speed increase even accounting for the weapon drawing. He runs as fast without the weapon now as if he were performing that trick in vanilla.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm still praying for the downfall of this remake. If it ever comes out I will close my eyes and cover my ears, I cannot stand idly by and watch my beloved being desecrated.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I would like they introduce stealth gameplay so that Geralt could sneak behind enemiey and have a 4x or 5x damage before combat starts. How will they change the combat?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There are four different sawyer ones, they can't all be for @Roguey.
Those were all mine, yes. After I became anti-Sawyerist for a while I was offered a chance to have them removed but I kept the one I liked the most.
Come on now, we all know that they only took the tags away after they realized that you were Sawyer himself.

I remember hearing that at one point there were locks on some of the chests/doors in TW1 and there was intended to be some kind of lockpicking skill? Did they outsource that to a magic sign in the later games or were there just never any locked doors or chests in the series? There is a locking mechanic of some sort in the first game, since it seems attached to practically every chicken coop and outbuilding door in the game, and cordons off quest progression areas. It's rather odd that there's not a single locked container in the entire first game though, but I get why it was cut, if it was cut. Why would a Witcher know how to pick locks after all? But likewise, why program an actual interactable door on every animal shed rather than just use a texture? Very strange.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I remember hearing that at one point there were locks on some of the chests/doors in TW1 and there was intended to be some kind of lockpicking skill? Did they outsource that to a magic sign in the later games or were there just never any locked doors or chests in the series? There is a locking mechanic of some sort in the first game, since it seems attached to practically every chicken coop and outbuilding door in the game, and cordons off quest progression areas. It's rather odd that there's not a single locked container in the entire first game though, but I get why it was cut, if it was cut. Why would a Witcher know how to pick locks after all? But likewise, why program an actual interactable door on every animal shed rather than just use a texture? Very strange.
The original first witcher was suppose to be a lot more like Gothic. So there would be lockpicking, maybe stealth, social skills and ranged combat. But later on they decided to take a safer path and stick with good ol Geralt. You can try and find old raw footage on YouTube if you want.

Whatever direction they decided to go, Witcher 1 is still how real Witcher universe should be instead taking the novels + making it for a retard wider audience. I still will never forget a Counterstrike friend of mine, with no knowledge of how many RPGs I play, unironically telling me Witcher 3 is probably too hardcore of a game for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom