Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witch hunt. (Dragon age 1.2)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Witch hunt is out.
Now I have problem, while I'd easily download it and install, Morrigan was one of my favorite characters the other was the dog, I added second HD and my controller dislikes two SATA devices and one IDE on one controller. Also I have FF XIV on my HD and I'd have problem with space. (BTW FF XIV is gay. Watch videos when they appear. However it has decent graphic, and nicely looking foliage. Either no speed tree, or decently tunned autogeneration. Too bad my GFX card has 0.78 speed necessary for playing thus I wouldn't able to watch all these retards and grab screenshots as I originally planned. Surprisingly it has more story than FF XIII ever had, and also nice dialog. Probably not enough for WoW, but who knows I seen only beginning.)

So I decided to start a thread to see what is it about, to get some screenshots with Morrigan, and with discussion about story.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
there's a bug for this DLC where in the very finale the conversation craps out and gives you wrong information.
Meanwhile a new info appeared. Let's hope they would patch it properly.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
there's a bug for this DLC where in the very finale the conversation craps out and gives you wrong information.

You are fucking kidding me, right? How hard is to test that for a big company like Bioware?

Antihero

Liturgist
Probably as hard as having truth in advertising. The banner says "Morrigan's secrets finally revealed!", but apparently that's a lie... I know I am as utterly shocked as you are, especially after that news article here.

* End game spoilers *, if you actually care:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... /1#4719697 - and other posts like it explicitly saying it leaves you hanging.

From what I read elsewhere, it sounds like they left it ambiguous as to whether shivving her actually kills her.

The e-drama sounds more entertaining than the DLC anyway.

Mhain

Educated
I'd be absolutely shocked if there weren't a number of people that were disappointed. Everything BioWare releases has at least some people that don't like it. Not a knock against those that aren't pleased with it. just an observation that there's no way BioWare is going to please anyone (I personally have no opinion at this point, as I've not played through it yet).

There's no way BioWare is going to please anyone!

Archibald

Arcane
Antihero said:
Probably as hard as having truth in advertising. The banner says "Morrigan's secrets finally revealed!", but apparently that's a lie... I know I am as utterly shocked as you are, especially after that news article here.

It reminds me of comic books where every second issue has some idiotic advertisment like "batman dies!".

chzr

Erudite
45123.gif

made

Arcane
So is Hawke Morrigans son or what? Cba to play that shit to find out.

Deleted member 7219

Well, since I told Morrigan to fuck off at the end of Origins I wasn't continuing the romance or anything like that. So when I met up with her at the end of this DLC I just let her go through the mirror, and before she left she said there was a surprise for me. But I didn't find out. It went straight to credits. Ultimate troll from Bioware I suppose... "Hey guys we're going to reveal something awesome! Oh, sorry, we forgot. Oh well, here's the credits."

Seolas

Liturgist
Yet again, despite this being the big send-off to DA:O, every single map was reused. It followed the same formula as so many others: start some place familiar where you miraculously find a couple of companions with similar goals. Then go to A and B, then use items from A and B to unlock C. The final boss was pretty cool, though half as tough as the Harvester in the previous DLC. And the companions had decent dialogue and banter, even if they were swiftly forgotten in the last scene. The last part?

A minute or two of dialogue with Morrigan, answering sweet fook all except that Flemeth is still alive and is something bigger than what we thought of her. In other words, a $7 advertisement for DA2. Furthermore, for many the ending is bugged badly, not remembering the correct C&C which is astounding considering C&C is a selling point of this game and the Morrigan/romance/dark ritual stuff was a key part of the storyline. Don't they have a QA team? My Warden romanced her and did the dark ritual but according to her he didn't, so he didn't get to walk into the sunset (or through the mysterious mirror in this case) with her. Nor did he kill her, he just watched her leave. The implications were she might play a part in DA3 as she isn't in DA2.

In the end most of the DLC wasn't worth the price but some had a few redeeming qualities. I bought them all except the ridiculous Feastday Gift ones. Would rank them:

1. The Stone Prisoner (Shale)
2. Leliana's Song
3. Return to Ostagar
4. Witch Hunt
5. Golems of Amgarrak
6. Warden's Keep
7. Darkspawn Chronicles

Only the first three had any real quality to them and #3 only if you enjoy the story as it adds some closure and nostalgia value to it. Most of them were OK and playable but added nothing and were blatent money grabs.

kris

Arcane
I was surprised how short it was.

- everything reused.
- linear like hell.
- No closure, in fact an abrupt end.
- Library was only thing good about it IMO.

Since I hadn't read anything about it before I expected there to be more gameplay after you talked to Morrigan. Did it take me even two hours? I doubt it.

I can see why companies do this, they get money for basically nothing.

Seolas

Liturgist
made said:
Seolas said:
I bought them all
lol

...really? :/

Well, not quite. Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep came free with the game, IIRC. I bought 5 of them though, what can I say I'm easily bored and there are very few RPGs out now.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I also bought them. Demonoid had a good offering with all DLCs in a single installable DVD for a bargain price of US$0,00.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
racofer said:
I also bought them. Demonoid had a good offering with all DLCs in a single installable DVD for a bargain price of US$0,00.
How about that?
Demonoid always has unbeatable prices.
I think I'll order from them sometime.

Seolas

Liturgist
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Jesus Christ... That's retarded. You are what's wrong with gaming.

Because I have expendable cash and free time? If I was broke I wouldn't buy them, simple as, I didn't find the games too bad and was curious about them. I'm dissatisfied about the state of RPGs too but I'm not gonna let the bitterness fester and rage about it every day, nor is my lack of contribution going to change the DLC plan of these companies (look at Mafia II - revealed their $10 DLC is all torn content yet 7000 sold in the first day - and no, I wasn't one of those). DA:O was better than some of the shit I've played over the years anyway (ie, NWN2).

Jim Cojones said:
made said:
So is Hawke Morrigans son or what?
No, he was born years before the events of Origins... Unless the plot of DA2 involves time travelling. Man, that would be retarded.

Maybe he'll be Morrigan's son, but genetically manipulated to reach adulthood earlier and conditioned to obey all commands that include the words 'will you kindly'.

kris

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
Jim Cojones said:
made said:
No, he was born years before the events of Origins... Unless the plot of DA2 involves time travelling. Man, that would be retarded.

Maybe he'll be Morrigan's son, but genetically manipulated to reach adulthood earlier and conditioned to obey all commands that include the words 'will you kindly'.

Manipulated to be fully grown before he was born? Impressive. Hawke's story is supposed to start before the dragon is killed.

kris said:
Azrael the cat said:
Jim Cojones said:
made said:

Manipulated to be fully grown before he was born? Impressive. Hawke's story is supposed to start before the dragon is killed.

Yes. What, do I have to list every little irrelevant detail now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom