Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will YOU try KOTOR Online?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Mangoose said:
If you have three, I'll be #4, otherwise I don't think it's worth it.
unless skyway decided to flipflop all of a sudden, which i hope he won't, welcome to the guild, dood.
zeitgeist said:
How does the whole companion thing work in parties? Do people get to bring them along for quests? Is it possible to create your own or does absolutely everyone in the game get the exact same choice of companions (depending on class etc)? Can there be two copies of the same NPC in a party?
companions are class story bound, so every class gets the same set.
you cannot change the appearance other than with some shitty equipable reskin kits.
they take up a party slot (max size is 4 for normal shit) but flashpoints scale to player count, so at least the starter flashpoint is easier with two players and two companions than with four players.
yes, there can be two of the same, but most peaople run either solo with their companion or with full 4 man parties, at least in the beta.
vrok said:
SWTOR is probably the best new RPG I've played in years, sadly, despite being an MMO. It's pretty impressive actually. Didn't expect this from Bioware at all. The chat that occurred after my fatass renegade Shepard wannabe vented the engineers on the Esseles into space was just priceless.
do you intend to buy it, and if so, would you be interested in joining our little codexer guild?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Mangoose said:
(Join us in DDO!)
no can do.

paco and me have tor preordered, secretninja contemplated trying it out sometime later and at least one of my friends will be grabbing it as well.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Well, let us know how the early access goes. I watched the second and third Flashpoints of each faction and they were pretty boring though. =\ Will wait for first hand impressions though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Black said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FticETavsXI&feature=related
Wait, sleeping with the guy to keep his mouth shut awards LIGHT SIDE points?

In before feminist groups saying EA wants to turn their daughters into whores. :smug:

Commander Xbox

Learned
niggaz, just how much of this game can be played solo? after watching a few playthrough vids im kinda tempted to get this purely because i loved kotors so much, ive never really played an mmo before but the vids make it seem kinda like an rpg with randoms running round idk? are there points where i have to group up and do dialouge choices everyone else wants or what?

kris

Arcane
Fluke Flystalker.

Worked all his youth as a heat farmer on Hoth, but dreamed of becoming an pilot. He don't know what happened to his parents, but his father probably is Revan.

I am so going to make a character like this.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well it seems i will be playing this game any any.

My Sister came by to give me my Christmas Present early this year in the form of a NEW MMO.

After all i used to play wow and ton of other MMO's and she though i was not getting this one because i was out of money and not because i was not interested.

SO yeah.... I would rather have gotten thous socks i needed instead.

Bruticis

Mark me down as another victim of an MMO gift. I'll be joining you bros this weekend when I get my copy.

Black

Arcane
CrimsonAngel said:
Well it seems i will be playing this game any any.

My Sister came by to give me my Christmas Present early this year in the form of a NEW MMO.

After all i used to play wow and ton of other MMO's and she though i was not getting this one because i was out of money and not because i was not interested.

SO yeah.... I would rather have gotten thous socks i needed instead.

What a bitch.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
kris said:
Fluke Flystalker.

Worked all his youth as a heat farmer on Hoth, but dreamed of becoming an pilot. He don't know what happened to his parents, but his father probably is Revan.

I am so going to make a character like this.
If you're really not going to play, will you give me your permission to use 'Flystalker' as my legacy surname?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
if you gift ppl wanna join the weregoose and me, we're playing empire side on the red eclipse (eu, pve, english).
friend Mang'oose or Seval.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm playing a Sith Assassin on Hex Droid (EU PvP).
I actually like the game. From my 4 hours in beta I thought it sucked but a couple of friends convinced me to give it another shot. A little too linear perhaps.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
It plays decently if you play a stealth class and don't have to deal with the trash mobs. There are enough quests that don't require you kill x amount of mobs but are objective/kill boss oriented.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Need an honest KKK opinion if this is shit or not, i'm not spending any more cash like i did on WoW if this is not atleast 200% times better.

If this is WoW with lightsabers and voice acting then screw it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well, my opinion is that it'll never go freemium. Just look at WAR, it's much lower quality yet EA still keeps it subscription-based. Same with UO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom