Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Why was every Polish member of the Codex banned?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Codex is literally Polish butthurt station

Peachcurl

Cipher

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Comprehensive list of major Polish contributions to modern society:

the-true-importance-of-tumbleweeds.jpg
Someone tried to argue vodka.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
imagine being dumb enough not to understand that it lies in the nature of shitbox (or any other irc for that matter) for multiple conversations to take place at the same time
if anything, one being in another language (the second biggest on the codex?) makes it easier not to focus on it
i will sue

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
imagine being dumb enough not to understand that it lies in the nature of shitbox (or any other irc for that matter) for multiple conversations to take place at the same time
if anything, one being in another language (the second biggest on the codex?) makes it easier not to focus on it
i will sue
Butthurt?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
i will sue
It's in the shitbox's nature to be full of retarded drivel all the time. All attempts to reign in the retardation (whether by Crispy, Gregz or Dora) only make it worse in some important ways.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Comprehensive list of major Polish contributions to modern society:

To be fair, Marie Curie was Polish.
There were many other Polish scientists whose contributions might be construed as important to modern society or the sciences.

Mikołaj Kopernik (though his ethnicity is debated, which I was surprised to learn as my polish schooling never mentioned it) most famously authored the Heliocentric theory.

Jan Czochralski, the most cited Polish scientist, authored a method, which now bears his name, of producing silicon monocrystalline, which enabled the electronic revolution and without whom Crispy wouldn't have a job.

Jan Szczepanik, though self-taught, he has over 50 inventions and hundreds of patents to his name, mostly from the disciplines of industrial weaving, colored photography and television. He also invented a bulletproof vest which saved the life of Alfonso the XIII.

Ignacy Łukasiewicz, inventor of kerosene distillation, kerosene lamp and a constructor of the first oil well.

Janusz Groszkowski, at his time the youngest professor of technical sciences in Poland, a brilliant pioneer of electronics, high vacuum technology, vacuum tubes, harmonic analysis.

Jacek Karpiński, genius of computer engineering, computer science and machine learning.

Stanisław Ulam, mathematician of titanic intellect and equally titanic contributions.

Alfred Tarski, mathematician and logician, sometimes called the most brilliant logician of all time, along Frege and Godel.

Stefan Banach, another Polish contribution to math, one of the most influential mathematicians of the XX century.

To. Be. Fair. And I'm now remembering more of them, but I think this shall suffice.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's in the shitbox's nature to be full of retarded drivel all the time. All attempts to reign in the retardation (whether by Crispy, Gregz or Dora) only make it worse in some important ways.
Cracking down on Poletalk has never made the box worse in my experience.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
There were many other Polish scientists whose contributions might be construed as important to modern society or the sciences.
Of course, just went with a familiar name given how total the generalisation being countered was.

Cracking down on Poletalk has never made the box worse in my experience.
'Cracking down' barely even feels appropriate given just how light the response to it all ultimately was, with (afaik) only Maxie getting a day off, and only from the main room (he still has access to the RPG/JRPG rooms, and ofc, polebox). Compare that to the list of five or six whose dismissal were being demanded the day before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom