Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Why The New Mega Man 11 Shows That We're Ready For A Black Mega Man"

Oil Man is already playable in Powered Up!.

7D2QDrG.jpg

The american comics had to get a little more creative with his design.

latest

The game is great. It's really hard and the stages are longer than in other games (perhaps too long even). There's zero bullshit and controls are tight. Best Megaman I've played since 2.

I've only played the Switch version, though. I don't know anything about the PC port.

Last edited:
Something keeps bothering me about the proportions of Megaman in this game... almost that he's a little too lanky or his arms drop down too far? but I guess it's a minor quibble. Seems to be getting good reviews all-around. I'll definitely pick it up once it's on sale.

I have to amend my previous post to say that the game is, yes, really hard - but only if you limit yourself to not purchasing stuff from the shop.

Any stage is pretty easy to beat if you're stocked up with 9 lives and 9 energy tanks. It's lame that bolts (the in-game currency used to buy shit from the shop) are so easy to get (there's even a specific power up that increases the number of bolts dropped) and that they get credited even if you run out of lives/manually exit out of the stage from the menu.

It would be fine if bolts dropped less, if lives/energy tanks were more expensive and if you didn't get to keep your bolts if you die like a retard and can't finish the level.

Without buying anything, the game is definitely the hardest Mega Man yet. They should have removed the shop entirely in Superhero mode, but that mode instead eliminates powerup/energy drops and ups the bolt drops - an especially retarded decision.

This is in addition to the actual permanent powerups from the shop - there's an item that makes you slide less in ice, another that reduces the knockback from getting hit. These items make the game significantly easier. It's a tacked-on, 'progression' element that really has no place in the game - all the progression Mega Man ever needed was the different weapons you get from defeating bosses.

Small decline, but an otherwise excellent game. The boss fights are especially great.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom