Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why the fuck was Bruticis banned?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
i am confused by the conflicting posts brofisted by IDtenT in this thread
Your brown-nosing though, surprises no-one.

:butthurt:

This is my only post in the thread:

I think it's pretty much a fact that mods are human and use their own biases when making decisions.

nooooo

If a mod hates you, the only choice is to find a new message board.

I am personally disgusted by every single user that posts in Politics, including myself, and I haven't seen the residents complain... yet.
Who said anything about this thread? Face it, the only reason you could possibly want to count brofists is so that you can draw lists and lines - this is never more clear than when you get confuzzeled by my pattern.

I'm sure you've already extensively reported on the results to your master. :salute:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
the only reason you could possibly want to count brofists

counting? lol.

I am not the only one who noted the brofist-spree, but forgive me for asking, you seem touchy on the subject :(

I'm sure you've already extensively reported on the results to your master. :salute:

The death-squads should arrive within moments!

gromit

Arcane
a 'derail' initiated by HHR's posts.
So let's talk about that. As per the bit about the rules meaning to, and succeeding in, doing absolutely nothing to actually clean up the place for a wider palate (not so wide as to include shit games.)

Without judgment beyond this: I'm glad he's practically got his own mega-thread now, because -- frankly, and without judgment -- anyone who wants to read his re-posted articles could just go to the site he gets them from to begin with. You can just type a few keywords in the address bar and off you go.

So on a site that comes up when you type the names and design concepts of traditional games, is it really not forum-diluting spam to harp on the same point over and over -- and then around in circles -- nearly regardless of context? Especially if it's insta-derail text as everyone who hasn't started soft-ignoring him starts barking at him, or barking at the people barking at him.

Bark bark bark while I'm trying to read. It makes me want my profile picture back.

Well, we're probably stuck with him as long as he's welcome, because the "I-Have-A-Friend-Who-Was-Gay Anonymous" forums banned him for always going off, all "Vatican II is late era EA, except the new pope is more like Pete Hines" when they're trying to have serious discussions about how totally grody penises are, that, like, even God was a little gicked out when he had to make them all.

But if his spam were spam... he'd be banned by now. And if someone became moderator temporarily, and decided "yes this is spam, and always has been" the moderator would be more likely to end up banned.

So fuck starting a fire over it, you know?

There was a discussion years back where it was said, if we let people go off about anything, we'd tacitly encourage them to come here by not banning them. It was decided then, by the "great hivemind," that, as theretofore, as thereafter, and in the name of that broad liberty which includes the liberty to attempt to liberate others of their liberties (in this case, just talking about games, media, and various nerd shit, in peace) -- that no fucks were to be given.

Once, there was introduced the mostly working solution of tightening the maginot in gaming threads and creating the sub-forums to house the nonsense. Which really just makes it "worse nonsense" for those of us who have a tolerance and/or affinity for reasonable nonsense, again by saying "here is your space where this is allowed." But I've been guilty of encouraging it myself, and again mostly working. Don't fuck with the subforums. Please.

I don't suggest fucking with any of it, really, at this point... unless the site's going to be given a good, thorough fucking -- anal, dry, and with plenty of time to reflect on spiritual and ethical matters. But the site isn't going to be given a good fucking, because we sat around not fucking it for 10 years, so we're all stuck in the fucking friend-zone together for as long as we're on the same couch.

Last edited:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
a 'derail' initiated by HHR's posts.
So let's talk about that. As per the bit about the rules meaning to, and succeeding in, doing absolutely nothing to actually clean up the place for a wider palate (not so wide as to include shit games.)

Without judgment beyond this: I'm glad he's practically got his own mega-thread now, because -- frankly, and without judgment -- anyone who wants to read his re-posted articles could just go to the site he gets them from to begin with. You can just type a few keywords in the address bar and off you go.

So on a site that comes up when you type the names and design concepts of traditional games, is it really not forum-diluting spam to harp on the same point over and over -- and then around in circles -- nearly regardless of context? Especially if it's insta-derail text as everyone who hasn't started soft-ignoring him starts barking at him, or barking at the people barking at him.

Bark bark bark while I'm trying to read. It makes me want my profile picture back.

Well, we're probably stuck with him as long as he's welcome, because the "I-Have-A-Friend-Who-Was-Gay Anonymous" forums banned him for always going off, all "Vatican II is late era EA, except the new pope is more like Pete Hines" when they're trying to have serious discussions about how totally grody penises are, that, like, even God was a little gicked out when he had to make them all.

But if his spam were spam... he'd be banned by now. And if someone became moderator temporarily, and decided "yes this is spam, and always has been" the moderator would be more likely to end up banned.

So fuck starting a fire over it, you know?

There was a discussion years back where it was said, if we let people go off about anything, we'd tacitly encourage them to come here by not banning them. It was decided then, by the "great hivemind," that, as theretofore, as thereafter, and in the name of that broad liberty which includes the liberty to attempt to shit on others' liberties (in this case, just talking about games) -- that no fucks were to be given.

Once, there was introduced the mostly working solution of tightening the maginot in gaming threads and creating the sub-forums to house the nonsense. Which really just makes it "worse nonsense" for those of us who have a tolerance and/or affinity for reasonable nonsense, again by saying "here is your space where this is allowed." But I've been guilty of encouraging it myself, and again mostly working. Don't fuck with the subforums. Please.

I don't suggest fucking with any of it, really, at this point... unless the site's going to be given a good, thorough fucking -- anal, dry, and with plenty of time to reflect on spiritual and ethical matters. But the site isn't going to be given a good fucking, because we sat around not fucking it for 10 years, so we're all stuck in the fucking friend-zone together for as long as we're on the same couch.
Have you considered prayer?

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
Okay. It seems that somehow Bruticis went on a reporting spree, had his report button disabled and he made a thread on SF about that, but I don't think that's reason enough to ban him. What's going on?

DarkUnderlord, Crooked Bee, Mother Russia, is there something that we don't know about this issue?

You remind me when I was 17 and a partaker in my first ever forum fearbush.com and I and a group was defending a Japaneese chick who just died of cancer ...but a lot of people said he was a guy....

turns out he really was a dude from Brooklyn.
Kill yourself.

Linden

Arcane
The Bloody Verdict at Site Feedback

DU [in a tired voice]:
Does a man have to fight all his life,
only in death to take flight to the skies?
Troublemakers vie to take my throne.
No respect is ever shown.

In the Site Feedback thread
they came in their hordes,
insulting the staff, defying my rule.
With nothing to lose, and possessions few.
Bold, annoying, fearless fools.

Defiant of warnings, on pain of ban,

tough measures call for me to be ruthless.
To set an example to the rebels,
draconian, for their worship of Bruticis.

Four men all banned in one day!
They would not renounce their spamming ways!
Five days of moderating consumed
to subject those rebels to DU rule!

I know the song is shit, you don't have to point it out. Still relevant to the situation at hand.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even the romans waited until the emperor was dead before erecting temples. Bruticis will return, probably next week or two. And no temple will be built.

Andhaira, however, can safely be considered a ancestor spirit

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Okay. It seems that somehow Bruticis went on a reporting spree, had his report button disabled and he made a thread on SF about that, but I don't think that's reason enough to ban him. What's going on?

DarkUnderlord, Crooked Bee, Mother Russia, is there something that we don't know about this issue?

You remind me when I was 17 and a partaker in my first ever forum fearbush.com and I and a group was defending a Japaneese chick who just died of cancer ...but a lot of people said he was a guy....

turns out he really was a dude from Brooklyn.
Kill yourself.
romantic-kisses-movies-celebrities-gifs-tumblr-scarlett-johannson.gif

Who's alt are you anyway? Even so..even if...you're still a faggot.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have to say, this has been the most amusing drama on the codex in a while.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
To be fair, for someone like me, who, aside from PoE thread, stopped visiting 'dex for several months, the change in climate is in stark contrast to the place I discovered for the first time in 2011. Almost every "problem poster" now sports a shiny red dumbfuck tag. Even HRR, whom I consider a decent guy, in spite of his views, is wearing a homo tag, as if holding different opinions is enough to warrant being bullied by mods. And now this. Bruticis I understand, but MHC? Hell, even Menckenstein's bannu is uncalled for- he's the quintessential lovable GD mascot. Like Crispy, but actually funny.

Could it be that administration, in light of recent Kickstarter projects that attracted so many new people to the genre we thought was on it's way out, is trying to "clean up" the place? Make it more accessible to politically correct crowd? Well, it's up to you to decide.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

gromit

Arcane
Could it be that administration, in light of recent Kickstarter projects that attracted so many new people to the genre we thought was on it's way out
So many new people to the -- are you fucking kidding me?

Measuring the popularity of these games by how many people come here is dumber than anything any publisher ever did. Both in the obvious way, and in that it would be genius if a publisher measured the greater demand for niche products based on how many people can tolerate it here for the sake of the art.

The last out-loud conversation I had about Project Eternity was with the bartender smoking butts just outside the staff-only section of a nice hotel. Which, despite all of the much-more-funny... more "Codexian"... ways that scenario could play out, was two relatively extroverted people geeking out for a little bit about a shared geeky hobby that somehow came up, when the ice was broken and on its way to melt, but none in my scotch please, and thanks.

Ha ha ha, "hey, you should check out this forum -- the very mean and clannish people there occasionally make some great points, and will probably say something to offend you, even if it's just an in-joke and they didn't actually mean it, or they're just desensitized after years of 4chan. Or yes, some of them may actually, sincerely, openly harrass you for whatever reason, sorry. Might be those tits, or it could be your opinion on suits."

Deleting politics would probably unleash a flood of shit on the forums.

Not sure how much value this site places in those posters though but banning a lot of them would be required. Seems like a lot of work either way.

Besides, there's only so many things I can talk about on old games like Fallout/Planescape before it becomes a rehash of an old topic. And making fun of shit games/companies brings only so much entertainment value and meaningful discussion.

By that logic, shouldn't you already be bored of predicting the fall of western civilization at the hands of [insert ethnic group here] ?

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My, but we all quite need one of these Kickstarter titans to release. Or Dragon Age: Inquisition. A few extra hundred pages to the Bioware thread wouldn't hurt.

Poor, sweet Codexia. Turn not this divine rage upon yourselves, remember where our true enemies lie.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Could it be that administration, in light of recent Kickstarter projects that attracted so many new people to the genre we thought was on it's way out, is trying to "clean up" the place?

Eh. Dumbfucks will always (ALWAYS) find a way to unwittingly fit their fingers in the power outlet themselves. They need no guidance in that regard. And as much as I'd welcome their collective absence I lament already the notion they'll likely be back before long. And all the whining retards talking about "the good old days" (i.e. back when they joined) will realize their whiny nonsense was in vain and once again, DU made you puppets dance.

the codex is going down the toilet

Once again, no. The Codex IS the toilet.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Could it be that administration, in light of recent Kickstarter projects that attracted so many new people to the genre we thought was on it's way out, is trying to "clean up" the place? Make it more accessible to politically correct crowd?
No, Bruticis just decided to start spamming after the moderators ignored his reports so he got banned. Then a bunch of people whined about it (which is nothing new - but saying the Steam sale thread is the last great thread on the Codex? Niggers please) but then they decided to start spamming so they got banned too.

And thus another day passed at the Codex. But no, this is the end because woe, for they art banning the people I like so I doth protest and then they will ban everyone else and then where will we be and really, if the moderators had just done their job and done what we told them to do¹, none of this ever would've happened!

¹In the entire history of this forum, when has that ever happened?

Random

Arcane
Patron
They're leaving together
But still it's farewell
And maybe they'll come back,
To codex, who can tell?

I guess there is no one to blame
They're anal pained (anal pained)
Will things ever be the same again?
It's the final shoutdown.

The final shoutdown.

Oh, we're heading for penis (penis)
And still we stand tall
Cause maybe they're dingus
And suck off us all, yeah
With so many blight years to go
And things to be flamed (to be flamed)
I'm sure that we'll all miss Brut so

The final shoutdown.

The final shoutdown (final shoutdown).

Oh...oh

The final shoutdown.

Oh...oh

The final shoutdown.

The final shoutdown. (final shoutdown)

It's the final shoutdown
They're leaving together
The final shoutdown
We'll all miss Brut so
It's the final shoutdown (final shoutdown)
Oh, it's the final shoutdown.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom