Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why RPGCodex is censored at the ESF

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
The truth has finally been revealed, yet it makes so little sense.
tegger @ TESFstapo said:
That particular site's URL is in the autocensor along with several others because the site contains material we can't allow to be linked from because of ESRB rules.

The post

ixg

Erudite
Also, if you blatantly try to bypass the autocensor it is considered a rules violation. I'll let it go this time, as I'm giving you the benefit of doubt that you were unaware of this. However, any future violations will earn an official warning as usual.

Faggot

Vipera

Scholar
ixg said:
Also, if you blatantly try to bypass the autocensor it is considered a rules violation. I'll let it go this time, as I'm giving you the benefit of doubt that you were unaware of this. However, any future violations will earn an official warning as usual.

Faggot
Tegger is female.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That's what you get for tubgirling and vahaaning people constantly. Now you are all x-rated. Good job... :lol:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Vipera said:
ixg said:

Faggot
Tegger is female.

Cunt.

ixg

Erudite
Vipera said:
ixg said:

Faggot
Tegger is female.

Does it matter? She's acting retarded.

golgotha

Liturgist
If they keep the negative posts down enough, they're hoping to find their way onto the Bethseda payroll.

KreideBein

Scholar
I've debunked this myth in several conversations I've had with ESF moderators. If they really were concerned about material that violates ESRB rules, they wouldn't allow links to sites like YouTube and MySpace, amongst countless others that are posted as links there every day.

There's another reason behind the censorship... and I think we all know the real answer.

suleo

Scholar
KreideBein said:
I've debunked this myth in several conversations I've had with ESF moderators. If they really were concerned about material that violates ESRB rules, they wouldn't allow links to sites like YouTube and MySpace, amongst countless others that are posted as links there every day.

There's another reason behind the censorship... and I think we all know the real answer.

Besides, I'd really like to see a link to an ESRB page that explicitly says that the contents of the game's FORUMS are supposed to comply with the game's ratings. I quickly glanced over the ESRB website and didn't find anything about a game's forums that affects the ratings. And this makes a lot of sense.

It's almost certainly bullshit, but it's interesting to see people come up with claims like that...

Zomg

Arbiter
Close the border on these ESF refugees. They're taking Codexer bandwidth, and bringing in third world diseases like measles, bedbugs and being a teenager.

suleo

Scholar
Vipera said:
Here are some links, they might prove interesting.

http://www.zenimax.com/legal_privacy.htm
http://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms.htm

I haven't really looked at them, but they may answer some questions.

Where exactly in those links does it say anything about linking to other sites "violating ESRB rules"? Those links are about privacy policies, so, NO, they don't seem relevant.

E.g.

What is ZeniMax's policy regarding links to third party sites?

You should be aware that while you are on a website operated by ZeniMax, you may be directed to other sites that are beyond our control and for which we are not responsible. Because we cannot guarantee that the privacy policies of these websites meet our high standards and the requirements of the ESRB Privacy Online Program, we recommend that you read the privacy policy of the website to which you link before you submit any personal information.

suleo

Scholar
Did you even bother to read my reply? This is about a privacy policy regarding online information you provide to the website. It HAS NOTHING to do with content.

I second zomg's petition.

Vipera

Scholar
I never said it had anything to do with content. You mistakenly doubted the ESRB played a role in the websites used by game publishers, and I corrected it.

suleo

Scholar
Vipera said:
I never said it had anything to do with content. You mistakenly doubted the ESRB played a role in the websites used by game publishers, and I corrected it.

I doubted the ESRB played a role in the CONTENT OF GAME FORUMS. You didn't correct any mistake, since my assertion still stands.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This is bogus. Complete and utter bullshit. If it was the ESRB, why would BIO allow RPG Codex links on the Teen rated NWN forums?

LOLOLOLOLLIPOP

Vipera

Scholar
suleo said:
Vipera said:

I doubted the ESRB played a role in the CONTENT OF GAME FORUMS. You didn't correct any mistake, since my assertion still stands.
I apologize. I misinterpreted your post.

suibhne

Erudite
Vipera said:
I apologize. I misinterpreted your post.

Is "the contents of the game's FORUMS" ambiguous? :wink:

Anyway, I for one am darn glad the ESRB can provide ESF mods with a blanket excuse to do whatever the fuck they feel like doing. It's tough to find legitmacy in this harsh world, after all.

User was nabbed fit

Lyric Suite said:
Vipera said:
ixg said:

Faggot
Tegger is female.

<s>Cunt.</s> Dyke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom