Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Why Morrowind is a bad RPG

Kalon

Scholar
I will contest the quality of it. The map is at times unreadable and a larger-scale one is literally useless, it doesn't even have roads marked on it iirc.
MW-map-Vvardenfell.jpg

Oh how awesome it would be it someone made a similar map but for Tamriel Rebuilt.

Anyway, I think he was referring to the ingame map.

The close open merchant inventory sound like a mod's work, not vanilla

No, this comes from the vanilla game. Suppose you go to the local apothecary and he has 2 restore health potions in his inventory; you buy these two, close the barter window, then when you open it again (even immediately afterwards) the same 2 potions will be restocked and available for purchase. That's because in the CS the number of these 2 potions is not set at 2, but at -2. This is used for many items sold in the game ( repair tools, potions, arrows, ingredients )

Camel

Scholar
Voice acting is really extraneous to the games~

Sure, if it's to the level of Bloodlines or FNV, then it's great. But how often do you meet a game of that level?

What voice acting do is to add a group of players going around asking mods if they have VA in their mods. It's not as if they play if the mods have (or have not). They just ask that stupid question~

As for Morrowind, I remember nothing about its quality of VA. Which mean it's not bad enough to be grating, and not good enough to be treasure~

Kalon

Scholar
As for Morrowind, I remember nothing about its quality of VA. Which mean it's not bad enough to be grating, and not good enough to be treasure

Some of it sticks to memory though. The raspy voice of male Dunmers, the squeaky-but-sexy voice of female Bosmers, the snooty voice of female Altmers...

potatojohn

Arcane
Fallout: New Vegas is my definition of a diamond in the rough. I've always maintained that, had it used the original Fallout engine and given an adequate time for Obsidian to do the major things they planned (most important of which being "fleshing out the Legion") it would occupy the #1 spot as the best cRPG ever made.

New Vegas is garbage because their ideas were garbage, not because they weren't given enough time.

You can look at how they reduced the gun skills to just two (guns and energy weapons). Sawyer even said he wished they just had one skill for all ranged weapons.

No amount of time or resources would have made New Vegas a better RPG.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Fallout: New Vegas is my definition of a diamond in the rough. I've always maintained that, had it used the original Fallout engine and given an adequate time for Obsidian to do the major things they planned (most important of which being "fleshing out the Legion") it would occupy the #1 spot as the best cRPG ever made.

New Vegas is garbage because their ideas were garbage, not because they weren't given enough time.

You can look at how they reduced the gun skills to just two (guns and energy weapons). Sawyer even said he wished they just had one skill for all ranged weapons.

Bro, is that really your best example? New Vegas must be a goddamn masterpiece if the #1 item of criticism is that Big Guns and Small Guns were merged.

Enjoying Starfield?

Sunri

Liturgist
i just woke up and my character got 5 levels from sneaking into a wall cool
Impressive...
But can you find Caius Cosades?
yes but i just uninstalled this game it's trash
All that overnight sneaking seems to have worn out not only your enthusiasm for the game, but also your Caps Lock key.
Meh it's more about grinding skills rather than enjoying the game and doing quest i just dont like Bethesda leveling system i didnt like oblivion too back in the day

potatojohn

Arcane

Enjoying Starfield?

Yes, it's much better than any 3D game Obsidian ever made.

I say 3D since I did enjoy PoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom