Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do you ignore so many people?

tiagocc0

Arcane
Well, if someone does make 6 accounts on the codex then he can't be that smart.
(I'm not talking about those who had been banned and HAD to make another account)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes, of course but it really depends on what exactly we are talking about - that a person is dumb is just one explanation, although 99.9% most likely :lol:

But everyone from a certain degree of intelligence up knows that any information giving to you by anyone could be a lie or deception, sometimes even if you think the information comes directly from yourself :lol:

What I am just saying is, it's sometimes necessary to think a bit beyond your intellectual horizon. If you don't know what I mean, think of WW2, where both sides had cracked the others codes many times, but still thought their own was absolutely unbreakable! This was a serious intellectual weakness that was not realized by both sides during WW2. In this respect, I really recommend reading some books on espionage, code breaking and such stuff, it could open your eyes.
If you want something that is easily available you could for example start with this, a book by one of the top men during WW2. There are a lot of interesting principles to be found how to be not fooled too easily.

Burning Bridges

What do you mean, adding flavor to your game? Are you creating a game about scientific spionage?

tiagocc0

Arcane
What do you mean, adding flavor to your game? Are you creating a game about scientific spionage?
It's a 4x game but I know nothing about espionage, if I want to add some of it to the game I want the base to come from reality and not from other games where I think most did a very poor job at it.

Burning Bridges

Ok, I understand. I think it's always a good idea to have as many references in a game as possible. Bad games are made by people with no background, and just repeat the same ideas over and over and over. So yeah, if you plan to design a great game you should first consume a large number of really special books and films, and write down the best ideas. At least that's my 2c towards writing in games.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Sceptic enjoyed the dating sim aspects of ME series, and to me it's unbearable to see someone who's truly that way
:what:

I am?

It's also not ridiculous to put people you dislike on ignore. That doesn't mean they are criminals, it just means I don't like them much and I'm cutting some banalshitboring out of my life. Instead of clicking my favorite thread every time it updates, I see Ignored Member and skip it and inside the thread is blessedly free of clutter and retardo.
Now I'm not gonna use my own posts as an example, because I do make a lot of not-very-highbrow posts in addition to my more substantial ones, but sea and Brother None in particular have a ratio of like 100% high quality posts to zero shitposting. And while DraQ does occasionally shitpost*, he does so EXCLUSIVELY in GD. So... I don't know, if you have a problem with some of the best posters in this place, then maybe the problem does in fact lie with you?

Not that I care either way, it's just... odd to see someone that never parituclarly struck me as a shitposter willfully cutting himself off from some of the best this place has to offer in terms of CRPG discussion.

* sorry, but you will never be forgiven for the unicorn. NEVAR FORGET!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Only thing that really compels me to ignore people - other than shock image spamming - is gratuitous cocksucking/circle-jerking. You know who you are.
Does it count as gratuitous if you've insulted them in the past? :oops:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Just caught up with this thread from page one...

What a mass of dysfunctional, socially retarded, butthurt, schizotypal motherfuckers we have here on the Codex...

I love you all!
:love:

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
FretRider and Knotanalt are both incredibly butthurt! Fret doesn't matter as his nuking is inevitable and Knotanalt other alts haven't ignored me either. But what did I do to little old Rasputin?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I was shocked. Instead of Hoopy and Hiver ignoring me, along with a 3rd, who unignored me a few weeks ago, as I had suspected, I am now faced with a different reality.

I'm being ignored by Hoopy and SCO. I still wonder who that 3rd person was. Maybe Hiver, but he doesn't seem like the type to unignore someone easily.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I was shocked. Instead of Hoopy and Hiver ignoring me, along with a 3rd, who unignored me a few weeks ago, as I had suspected, I am now faced with a different reality.

I'm being ignored by Hoopy and SCO. I still wonder who that 3rd person was. Maybe Hiver, but he doesn't seem like the type to unignore someone easily.

I briefly put you on ignore.

This person was ignoring me for a good period of time, so probably not you.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I guess I won't download anything people link here again. Maybe my computer is haxxored? I searched for drog.exe but didn't find anything. Does that mean it's clean?

Plz someone halp.

oh-you-dog.jpg

Kz3r0

Arcane
Change the disgusting avatar pedophile and I would take you out of ignore.

Edit:
Fretrider ignores me, beautiful, when the most disgusting and retarded piece of shit of a troll does something like that you know to be the best.
:bro: To all my other comrades in Fretrider ignore list.

I thought you were supposed to be a connoiseur of arts and shit, and yet you don't recognize something tasteful when you see it? Shame, shame.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Took Konjad out of ignore because he made HHR! butthurt.

Repressed Homosexual
No one which I particularly care about, mostly people who seem simply not willing to hear about Christianity or copyright, as I suspected. I care nothing for this, especially since I receive brofists on a regular basis. This is pretty useless all in all. I think it's just more elitist circle jerking fodder anyway, as if there wasn't already enough of that here. I ignore no one and never will, unless someone starts posting shock picture after shock picture, or makes posts which could completely mess up the board's layout à la racofer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom