Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who is your favorite BG2 romanceable character?

Who is your favorite BG2 romanceable character?

• Aerie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jaheira

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Anomen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaheira!!! Strong women for me plz.

Moray

Scholar
Malakal said:
Imoen, I was greatly dissapointed that it wasnt vanilla. I mean wtf half gods are not siblings.

If I recall right, the original intent was to have Imoen killed in the course of the game, so it's not like it would have come up anyway. Failure to survive the process that stripped her soul from her or somesuch. The idea was scrapped because of, I believe, profuse butthurt from the fanbase. It's primarily why Imoen is also apparently severely lacking character content post-rescue.

Moray

Scholar
Haba said:
Aerie of course. If impregnating a female wasn't enough, the thrill of having a pregnant woman do combat just... aaah.

Nevermind that the entire gestation period occurs completely within a period of at most a few weeks.

Luzur

Good Sir
wait, what? Aerie was impregnable? or is this some mod you are talking about?

also, Jaheira, since i like older, more mature women(in before granny pics by racofer) who are in emotional need.

she prob is into anal too.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Luzur said:
You mean you've never seen the giving birth scene? You have GOT to reinstall BG2+ToB to see it.

Cenobyte

Prophet
They all were too Biowarish for my taste. Too much emotional nonsense and stupid psycho-babble. Nevertheless, from the amount of romancing I have to go with Viconia, I've played her romance more often than any other.

PorkaMorka said:
2e331q8.gif

mai waifu

Phelot

Arcane
Who would have ever guessed that romancing party members would become a must have game mechanic in the future?

To the poll, I vote none. I never pursued any of them because they typically popped up right before a major battle or when trying to get the fuck out of some shit dungeon then suddenly I get ambushed with paragraphs of whines and tears and epic butthurt "WAAAAH I LOVE YOU BUT I DONT THINK I LOVE YOU!"

Erebus

Arcane
phelot said:
Who would have ever guessed that romancing party members would become a must have game mechanic in the future?

From what I've read, the first CRPG to include potential romance was the Gold Box game "Treasures of the Savage Frontier".

Also, I'm totally voting for Viconia.

bhlaab

Erudite
oldmanpaco said:
Viconia for the dirty, dirty sex. You just know she's doing crazy shit for you.

actually aerie is the only one that does ass to mouth, check the wiki

mondblut

Arcane
Sceptic said:
You do know there's a mod for this right? No need to larp it anymore.

I bet it contains a shitload of hypertext holding hands and looking at the sky instead of properly drugging her comatose and raping her butt till it bleeds. Not interested.

Melcar

Arcane
For romance options, I always go with Jaheira. Mature chicks are hot. Viconia is too crazy and shit, and that other one is too fucking annoying. Last time I played I went with a Half Orc barbarian and made Aerie my sex slave.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ed123 said:
mondblut said:
Sceptic said:

I bet it contains a shitload of hypertext holding hands and looking at the sky instead of properly drugging her comatose and raping her butt till it bleeds. Not interested.

You fucking philistine, I'll have you know she gets raped by a Duergar whilst Jon Irenicus watches.

? Doesnt she snap and go all slayer on that duergar though? I dont remember if rape was actually present other than initial stages.

Melcar

Arcane
Yoy know what´s hot? Turning into The Slayer while raping Aerie. Kinda´like in that Anime about demons and rape and shit.

Luzur

Good Sir
Sceptic said:
Luzur said:
You mean you've never seen the giving birth scene? You have GOT to reinstall BG2+ToB to see it.

no, i went Jaheira/Viconia most of the time.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I went with Viconia when I played BG2, but I'm in general not a big fan of romantic subplots in games. The concept is alright, but they usually end up as cliched angst-ridden bullshit. That lame kind of angst you see on network TV and cheesy movies, not the good kind that feeds your Shadow. I'd like to see a fun romance in a game, one not centered on you trying to figure out just how fucked up the NPC is. And if actual relationships were like the ones in Bioware games, we would all be better of with prostitutes.

Now here's a love story for all you Bioware fans:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072730/

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ed123 said:
Malakal said:
Ed123 said:
mondblut said:
Sceptic said:

You fucking philistine, I'll have you know she gets raped by a Duergar whilst Jon Irenicus watches.

? Doesnt she snap and go all slayer on that duergar though? I dont remember if rape was actually present other than initial stages.

Meh, I thought she got teh raep.

I looked through the mod files in Infinity Explorer once and there is an option for the protagonist to rape Imoen, though apparently it makes her shank you afterwards.

C&C!

TNO

Augur
So wait.

The devs originally had a nice dissonant end to get Imoen killed in Spellhold. Why the fuck hasn't anyone modded that, as opposed to the pseudo-incest bullshit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom