Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who here has tried/will try Demons Soul

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Looks awesome actually. Games like this along with gems like Infamous and Valkyre Chronicles makes me seriously consider to get a ps3.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
Heavy Rain (successor extraordinaire to Indigo Prophecy)

Will it be the same Simon Says piece of shit as Indigo Prophecy?

Also, from Wikipedia: The game will feature a dark, complex and mature plot that "everyone can play".

OK, see ya.

Yes. I checked wikipedia, and the "games" genre is interactive drama. It used to be interactive movie, but it seems like they changed that. Same stupid shit, anyways. Why would anyone want to look forward to this crap?

Trash said:
Looks awesome actually. Games like this along with gems like Infamous and Valkyre Chronicles makes me seriously consider to get a ps3.

Haven't played VC, because the animu graphics don't really appeal to me, but I've been loving inFamous a lot. You really do feel like a proper badass with all your cool powers.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Must admit that my xbox360 pales in the good games department. The only games worthwhile so far have been Conan, Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid and GTA 4. Everything else seems just like generic crap so far. At least Sony dares to break new ground once in awhile.

denizsi

Arcane
Game does indeed look good, very atmospheric, animation quality is topnotch and the game may be very hard, but, now watching 10 minute game play video, combat looks like any shitty (or non shitty?) beat'em-up. Also based on the same video, that review is terribly overrating the game, other than that it's a very shitty review full of vague descriptions with lots of "it's awesome!" moments.

Online play sounds interesting.

Trash said:
Must admit that my xbox360 pales in the good games department. The only games worthwhile so far have been Conan, Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid and GTA 4. Everything else seems just like generic crap so far. At least Sony dares to break new ground once in awhile.

Ninja Gaiden man, Ninja Gaiden.

Texas Red

Whiner
Trash said:

Wait, are you talking about this game?

Valkyria_cover.jpg

:?

I understand games are just for fun but there has to be a limit. Perhaps either daring or not daring to play such a game in public could be used as a measurement.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Dark Individual said:
I understand games are just for fun but there has to be a limit. Perhaps either daring or not daring to play such a game in public could be used as a measurement.
valkyriachroniclesgc200.jpg

I don't see anything particularly embarassing. Only sheep care about public opinion anyway.

Solivagant

Novice
VC is enormously fun. Screw the anime design, that's how the devs tricked the anime kids into buying the game.

As for Demon's Souls, besides having a weird funny name, it sounds very appealing and if it wasn't for Alpha Protocol and Bayonetta hitting in the Fall, I would get it assuredly. But right now I'll have to wait. It would be nice if there was a demo.

Also, http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6211517/?tag=top_stories;play_btn;13. Funny video.

This thread ok and seeing a .gif with Gears of War 3 death animations makes me want a PS3.

Must.. resist... gladly, the price still stops me.

Solivagant

Novice
Hümmelgümpf said:
Solivagant said:
VC is enormously fun. Screw the anime design, that's how the devs tricked the anime kids into buying the game.
Screw you, stylized graphics are a significant part of what makes this game so charming.

I love em, actually, and I agree with you. Just trying to tell to that other guy that the style isn't in any way indicative of the actual gameplay.

The CANVAS engine as Sega calls it is awesome, and it makes everything look like it was painted, but in motion. It's not just a simple anime celshading.

The game isn't kiddie at all: when a squad member dies, you see him on the floor and saying his last words, usually to someone in the squad that he/she likes/loves. There's a great web of Likes and Dislikes between all the possible squad members, and you have to take that into account while gathering your troops and positioning them in the field. Sorta like Jagged Alliance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom