Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which PC RPGs of 2000 have you played? [top 100 voting thread]

Which of the following RPGs have you played?

• Avernum 1

Votes: 32 23.9%
  • Avernum 2

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn (inc EE)

Votes: 124 92.5%
  • Deus Ex

Votes: 111 82.8%
  • Diablo 2

Votes: 103 76.9%
  • Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Icewind Dale (inc EE)

Votes: 103 76.9%
  • Konung: Legend of the North

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • Nox

Votes: 61 45.5%
  • Soulbringer

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption

Votes: 77 57.5%
  • Wizards and Warriors (not the 1987 nintendo platformer)

Votes: 28 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
bump

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
On the topic of Might and Magic 8, with only 48ish hours to go, it's currently not even certain of qualifying for phase 2. I'm not overly familiar with the M&M series, is it likely to get booed off anyway even if it qualifies? Is it one of the shit ones of the series?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
On the topic of Might and Magic 8, with only 48ish hours to go, it's currently not even certain of qualifying for phase 2. I'm not overly familiar with the M&M series, is it likely to get booed off anyway even if it qualifies? Is it one of the shit ones of the series?

From what I've read the consensus is that the last GREAT M&M title was VII. VIII was so-so, and IX was downright awful.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
That is weird then. No.9 got a lot more votes by this stage and I have to admit, while I didn't expect it to compete at all well with the other well known names on the list I didn't expect it to struggle to qualify.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
May have been a distribution/supply problem. I picked up MM9 in the bargain bin, but don't recall ever seeing MM8 on sale (or I would have a physical copy).

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I typed "might and magic 8 distribution" into google and didn't get any results. I can't imagine any game would have worse distribution problems than Drakensang: The River of Time and I'm sure that game will get more votes quicker [could be wrong though, but I doubt it, what with RoT being a highlight during the drought years].

Severian Silk

You should start all these polls over and use my patented Pyramid Poll instead.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Is there any particular reason why you went for a triangle design instead of perhaps a rhombus design, or maybe even a parallelogram?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
12 hours to go.

Wizards and Warriors and Avernum 1 are very close to qualifying, and I seriously doubt they both rest so low in votes. W&W has 54 played votes on the blobber poll, over double what this poll has. Typical codex, more interested in fucking shit up than expressing a genuine opinion or playing fair, even if its to itself. Fucking masochists...

Severian Silk

Fans of blobbers are too :obviously: to read your puny polls.

Actually, I hate blobbers.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Fans of blobbers are too :obviously: to read your puny polls.

Actually, I hate blobbers.

I can't say that I mind too much to be honest, re the specific games I mentioned in that last post, as I too am no huge fan of blobbers and aren't entirely stressed about Avernum 1's position in codex fame, it just strikes me as an absurdity of the codex that's worth highlighting.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
C'mon folks, just a few more votes for Avernum 1, I'm sure more of you people have played it... after all those years of decline only 30 people bothered with Avernum 1? I don't believe you...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom