Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which PC RPGs from 2002 would you like to see on a codex top 100 list

Which of the following PC RPGs would you like to see on a codex top 100 list?

• Arx Fatalis gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • I don't care if Arx Fatalis gets a place

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Arx Fatalis on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Divine Divinity gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • I don't care if Divine Divinity gets a place

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • Divine Divinity on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Dungeon Siege gets a big fat YES from me!

• I don't care if Dungeon Siege gets a place

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Dungeon Siege on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • I don't care if The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind gets a place

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Elder Scrolls 3: Tribunal gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don't care if The Elder Scrolls 3: Tribunal gets a place

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • The Elder Scrolls 3: Tribunal on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Freedom Force gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I don't care if Freedom Force gets a place

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Freedom Force on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Gothic 2 gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 48 68.6%
  • I don't care if Gothic 2 gets a place

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Gothic 2 on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Icewind Dale 2 gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • I don't care if Icewind Dale 2 gets a place

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Icewind Dale 2 on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Might and Magic 9 gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I don't care if Might and Magic 9 gets a place

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • Might and Magic 9 on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Neverwinter Nights 1 gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • I don't care if Neverwinter Nights 1 gets a place

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Neverwinter Nights 1 on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Prelude to Darkness gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I don't care if Prelude to Darkness gets a place

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • Prelude to Darkness on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Same rules as before: Unlimited voting, you can change your vote, voting is anonymous, with the following additional notes:

Neverwinter Nights 1 - please be aware this vote is just for the original campaign which shipped with the game, an opportunity to vote for the Neverwinter Nights 1 vault of games and expanded universe will appear in the 2004 poll.

Grimoire - because May 29th might or might not see the release of Grimoire, it is recommended you get your votes in early as I will likely lessen my activity on this project for a short while should the release actually turn out to be real, both out of respect for the release and because I doubt people will be talking about anything else in that eventuality. 2004's poll will be delayed possibly up to a week after this poll closes.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
My mistake, apparently Grimoire won't be released on the 29th and it is indeed all just another bucket of sham. Oh well, the schedule will remain normal in that case.

SteelAttack

Novice
My first vote in a codex poll. I feel sufficiently pleased. Unfortunately I have only played two of the games in that list. Morrowind and NWN. And I fell asleep trying to slog through NWN's main quest many a time before giving up. So Morrowind it is.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Voted Morrowind, Arx Fatalis, Icewind Dale and Divine Divinity up. Might and Magic IX is ehh... It was Might and Magic and better than a lot of what we've gotten now, but it was still such garbage.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Are there really enough quality CRPGs to keep something like Tribunal off the Top 100? It's hard to vote "correctly".
Same with IWD2. I didn't complete it and I don't love it like I did IWD1, but I doubt very much there's enough good CRPGs to keep it off list.
100 is quite a lot.

Andhaira

Arcane
Wow, looking at the votes a lot of people who voted (probably kids at the time) never actually played Freedom Force or Divine Divinity. Both were excellent games; freedom force especially has been the only real game that made you feel like you were playing a superhero (DC Universe is not bad for a MMO tho)

IWD 2 was also great.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Might and Magic IX is ehh... It was Might and Magic and better than a lot of what we've gotten now, but it was still such garbage.

Are there really enough quality CRPGs to keep something like Tribunal off the Top 100? It's hard to vote "correctly".
Same with IWD2. I didn't complete it and I don't love it like I did IWD1, but I doubt very much there's enough good CRPGs to keep it off list.
100 is quite a lot.

Please, don't hold back, this is about being as brutal as you possibly can because, yes, there really are enough games to go to 100. Make my life easier, wipe as many out as you can!

we're going to be covering about 30-40 years worth of cRPGs here, 100/30 is just 3.33r per year... /40 and its just 2.5...

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was released Novemberish 2001 but it had such a hard time getting shelf space at stores it was effectively "released" in 2002.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Voted for Arx Fatalis, DivDiv, Morrowind, IWD2 and NWN. Such great games, spent so many hours on them. Those old ass graphics still invoke those feelings of being young and impressionable. Fuck man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom