Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which is the best section of the forum?

• GRPG discussion, the reason for which the Codex exists.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • General Gaming, RPGs are dead, embrace the popamole.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Workshop, what makes the Codex stay above the rest.

• Strategy, its quality is far superior to the other game related forums.

• The Playground, the best place about games where interact with like minded people.

• Public Library, I need my entertainment to be of a more cerebral nature

• MMO, seriously, I am not kidding.

• News and comments, I am too lazy to check other sites, and here they don't censor me.

• GD, fuck yeah.

• Retardo Land, seriously, I never get tired of it.

• Total voters

Kz3r0

Arcane
Considering how someone get upset by the very existence of GD I wonder what people out there consider the most monocle of the various sub-fora, the reason for which they check the Codex regularly and that makes worth being a member of this forum.
For me the gaming fora wore off their utility, and GD doesn't appeal to me as before, in fact, the principal reason for which I stay around is the playground and the occasional topic in the Public Library.
The Workshop is arguably the best of all, but I have very little to say on the subject, and the few topic I made there in the past didn't elicit much response, so, I lurk there from time to time.
So, what are your reasons to dwell in this hive of scum and villainy?

Kz3r0 said:
I'm guessing, the question you were trying to ask was "Which is your favouritest forum subsection evar?" To that, I'll say:
Playground > Workshop >>>>> GRPGD > Strategy >>>>> General Popamoling
Workshop is good for soothing the soul, but I still find Playground a generally more enjoyable section to follow (mainly, because of our awesome LPers :salute: and because I don't have enough time to play all of the stuff featured there myself).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What, Site Feedback isn't an option? Go fuck yourself.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I've learned a lot of stuff throughout the workshop, so I voted it. GRPG is good too.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Crispy said:
Where's Prosperland?
frs1879.png

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Voted GRPG because this is a goddamn RPG community, but on second thought, the best section is workshop.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Workshop is the only forum where RPG ideas are discussed without a shit-ton of derp.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Strategy Gaming, because it has a natural resistance to consoletards (like consoles not having strategy games lol)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
MetalCraze said:
Strategy Gaming, because it has a natural resistance to consoletards (like consoles not having strategy games lol)

This is what Skyway actually believes.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Workshop followed by GRPGD when skyway and co aren't around.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Playground. Workshop is more monocle, but far less active, and there's only so many times you can discuss this or that mechanic. And these two are the subfora with the highest signal to noise ratio by far.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Adventure gaming is not represented, poll is shit.

Voted library, but should probably vote playground.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Ask which is the worst and I'll vote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom