Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's that game? Don't remember the title? Ask here.

:Flash:

Arcane
A difficult one, I think, since I hardly remember much.
All I can remember is that the protagonist is female, the graphics are 3D, third person camera. Probably early 2000 era games.
I vaguely remember a cut scene (in engine not prerendered I think), of two men in black suits, one says to the other "Cleves, she's merely one of the animals" while they are observing the protagonist from some distance.
Any ideas? :shredder:
Space Bunnies must die?

Kwota

Augur
Ah, what the hell. May as well ask here if a thread exists.

Old, 2D, black and white Macintosh game, unsure of exact time period but definitely before the 2000s. You play as a little dude who has to go around a dungeon and find keys to unlock doors to progress. I can't remember if there were enemies or traps or monsters. The keys may have been in color, as the Macintosh we had was older than the see-through ones of the early 2000s but new enough to support color.
I also can't remember if it was grid based or if it had pixel movement. The graphics were super simple, like, classic Atari simple.
I realize this is incredibly vague but I haven't been able to find it.

Here's a little mockup of what I remember it looking like:
5d7c4cadaecd8bc1.png

Shamus?

I've played in on Atari back in the day but it was released on Apple II iirc.

Allanon

Augur
All I can remember is that the protagonist is female, the graphics are 3D, third person camera. Probably early 2000 era games.
I vaguely remember a cut scene (in engine not prerendered I think), of two men in black suits, one says to the other "Cleves, she's merely one of the animals" while they are observing the protagonist from some distance.
Giants: Citizen Kabuto?

Never played it. Now that I think about it, it was a city environment.

Space Bunnies must die?

Unfortunately no, never played that one.

beardalaxy

Novice
Ah, what the hell. May as well ask here if a thread exists.

Old, 2D, black and white Macintosh game, unsure of exact time period but definitely before the 2000s. You play as a little dude who has to go around a dungeon and find keys to unlock doors to progress. I can't remember if there were enemies or traps or monsters. The keys may have been in color, as the Macintosh we had was older than the see-through ones of the early 2000s but new enough to support color.
I also can't remember if it was grid based or if it had pixel movement. The graphics were super simple, like, classic Atari simple.
I realize this is incredibly vague but I haven't been able to find it.

Here's a little mockup of what I remember it looking like:
5d7c4cadaecd8bc1.png

Shamus?

I've played in on Atari back in the day but it was released on Apple II iirc.
Definitely not, although it does come close from how I described it. Interesting little game, it looks like.

beardalaxy

Novice
UPDATE: Found the game!

It's Adventure on Atari 2600.

Why was I playing it on a Macintosh? Who knows. It was probably a part of some pack of Atari ports, although I can't seem to find any existence of it existing on Mac just from doing some quick searches. Maybe unofficial.
I'm surprised I forgot about this game. It's notable for having the first easter egg.

Neuromancer

Augur
Got a challenge for you fuckers.

Here's what I remember about the game:
  • Game was somewhere from mid to late 90s maybe early 2000s
  • You flew a little space ship.
  • It was in 2D.
  • It had a pretty good physics system.
  • You used directional keys to control the ship.
  • I think there were powerups in the map.
  • It was an arena game where you had to shoot down your opponents ship(s).
  • It also had split screen multi.
  • Pretty sure you could upgrade your ship between maps, but not a 100% on that.
Good luck :cool:
Maybe it's Zone 66?
https://www.mobygames.com/game/918/zone-66/

Great title song for its time (1993):

I remember the game itself being mediocre, but I didn't play it very much.

0wca

Learned
Got a challenge for you fuckers.

Here's what I remember about the game:
  • Game was somewhere from mid to late 90s maybe early 2000s
  • You flew a little space ship.
  • It was in 2D.
  • It had a pretty good physics system.
  • You used directional keys to control the ship.
  • I think there were powerups in the map.
  • It was an arena game where you had to shoot down your opponents ship(s).
  • It also had split screen multi.
  • Pretty sure you could upgrade your ship between maps, but not a 100% on that.
Good luck :cool:
Maybe it's Zone 66?
https://www.mobygames.com/game/918/zone-66/

Great title song for its time (1993):

I remember the game itself being mediocre, but I didn't play it very much.

So the view was from the side like a platformer and it was in space but nice try.

Iucounu

Educated
There was an indie(?) sci-fi shooter game in development a couple of years ago, involving time travel to the last Ice Age and a mysterious race of superhumans that have secretly stayed alive ever since. Saw at least one trailer, but now I can't find it in my bookmarks.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
PSA: ChatGPT or that even more censored Microsoft AI work quite well for this kind of problem. Games, songs, movies you don't remember the title of? AI is now better, faster and more reliable than forums or even most "social media" platforms (web 2.0 applications).

zapotec

Liturgist
This one is very difficult:

Shareware Scifi Turn based game set with the classic mutants vs futuristic human soldiers.
I clearly remember that one of the units was a jeep.
The shareware mission was set in a jungle.
I played it between 1993-96

silencestones

Novice
Alright, guys, so I've been thinking about some kinda obscure game. You play as some sort of marine in power armor. You also have a squad with you and all of you have a minigun as your main weapon (which has other attachments for it, like a barrel which grants you a faster rate of fire and even a laser one). You all look like robots in that power armor (power armor looks red if I remember correctly). Pretty much a squad based FPS.
I completely forgot what this game was called. Any ideas?
Total Mayhem?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Alright, guys, so I've been thinking about some kinda obscure game. You play as some sort of marine in power armor. You also have a squad with you and all of you have a minigun as your main weapon (which has other attachments for it, like a barrel which grants you a faster rate of fire and even a laser one). You all look like robots in that power armor (power armor looks red if I remember correctly). Pretty much a squad based FPS.
Total Mayhem?

Nope.
But thanks anyway. Looks pretty good.

Trying to remember a rts from around the nineties, I only played a demo from Pc Gamer cd. It was a fantasy rts with day night cycle and your troops drained the food resource each morning. Warcraft 2 era graphic and style I think. I have occasionally thought about it because the mechanic was cool especially for it's time but haven't been able to find it. Probably a long shot some obscure game.

:Flash:

Arcane
Trying to remember a rts from around the nineties, I only played a demo from Pc Gamer cd. It was a fantasy rts with day night cycle and your troops drained the food resource each morning. Warcraft 2 era graphic and style I think. I have occasionally thought about it because the mechanic was cool especially for it's time but haven't been able to find it. Probably a long shot some obscure game.
Tzar?

Tzar?
Might have been, seems similar. Even due that game doesn't seem to have any food drain on new day. But to be honest it was a long while ago, I might misremember things. Thank you!

BasicMagician

Literate
Hey, this is a cool thread idea! It's amazing how the gaming community can come together to help dig up forgotten gems.

Üstad

Arcane
There was an old(but not too old) game similar to Age of Empires, but you could hire heroes to do quests for your realm and I think you could level up them. It's not obesecure game but I forgot the name of it.

Nachy

Literate
This one is very difficult:

Shareware Scifi Turn based game set with the classic mutants vs futuristic human soldiers.
I clearly remember that one of the units was a jeep.
The shareware mission was set in a jungle.
I played it between 1993-96
Is it Fallen Haven: Liberation Day?

Nachy

Literate

The closest thing I can recall that was like this is Codename: Outbreak. It is a squad-based FPS, but the power armor is green and your main weapon isn't exactly a minigun, but it does kind of look like one crossed with a typical assault rifle due to how its attachments/weapon modes are switched on the fly and the barrels representing each. The weapon you use is upgradable, and its different modes allow for faster firing rates, explosives/rockets, sniping, and laser.

It's not an FPS, and you don't have a squad (but it does have co-op), but there's a shooting game called Millennium Soldier: Expendable where Player 1 wears red power armor and your main weapon is pretty much a huge minigun that changes its output based on what you pick up.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Looking for the title of this old indie mech game that allowed you to build mechs. Before anyone suggests, it's definitely not Mech Engineer. This game was released between around 2004-2009, back when indie games were the promised saviour of the gaming industry.

Some features of the game that I vaguely remember:
- It lets you really customise mechs down to the circuitry and wiring IIRC
- You get to freely arm your mechs so long as you're able to wire them correctly and you have the parts
- There might be a 2D combat component? I can't remember

This game was obscure as fuck too. I don't even remember how I came across it, possibly while randomly browsing some indie games website. Other than Mech Engineer, this is probably the only other game of its kind. If anyone remembers the title, that'd be great :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom