Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What will be after ?

Durwyn

Prophet
http://www.whatwillbeafter.pl/

Look at it... and just click the art...

Afterfall guys are about to finaly start their hype campaign... Okay i know that the site is lacking content by now, but they finaly opened english community forum, so check it out. Unfortunately the buttons on forum aren't translated, but Codex average IQ is high enough to find out which button does what...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
On the main site:
To nie tylko wielka gra cRPG (nie gra z elementami RPG!) w postapokaliptycznym świecie.
This is not only a big/great cRPG (not a game with cRPG elements!) in a post-apocalyptic world.
A day whitout kicking FO3 in the nuts is a wasted day :lol:

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Finally a real game in a post apocalyptic setting, unlike FO3 and it's bloom infested Oblivion with guns.

I just hope Afterfall will have a proper english translation.
But it looks promising, unlike that steaming pile of Oblivion that people refer to as "Fallout 3".

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
If Afterfall delivers we will start calling it the Unofficial Fallout 3.

masterridley

Novice
Afterfall forum said:
e.g. you may die from starvation during long journeys through the "world map" if you won't assure some food supply or bleed yourself to the death if you don't dress your heavy wounds. Loosing body parts may be something common also :P
How oldschool!

Durwyn

Prophet
WhiskeyWolf said:
If Afterfall delivers we will start calling it the Unofficial Fallout 3.
Better call it Fallout 4 and pretend that FO3 never happened...

pkt-zer0

Scholar
masterridley said:
Afterfall forum said:
e.g. you may die from starvation during long journeys through the "world map" if you won't assure some food supply or bleed yourself to the death if you don't dress your heavy wounds. Loosing body parts may be something common also :P
How oldschool!
It's only oldschool assuming they don't grow back when you sleep.

Durwyn

Prophet
pkt-zer0 said:
masterridley said:
Afterfall forum said:
How oldschool!
It's only oldschool assuming they don't grow back when you sleep.
IRC from dev's statements you will be able to replace your missing/damaged body parts and organs with cybernetic implants but this choice will have consequence (yes kids! A CONSEQUENCE!) You'll need to have batteries or simmiliar power source for implants, and one EMP impulse can fuck you in no time when your cybernetic heart goes down...
Dunno if this feature wasn't cut out, but hopefully not.

EDIT:

Oh and from polish press release (roughly translated):

- AF story takes place in Poland after year 2012
- Over 100h long storyline
- The game world changing by players actions
- Advanced health system
- RPG PnP-like mechanics
- Uber Graphics

Durwyn

Prophet
After our football team won both World Cup and EURO 2012... That must've shocked the whole world... No wonder that nukes began to fly

Deleted member 7219

May be a stupid question but will this have an English translation?

EDIT: Never mind, I actually went to the website (something I should have done before asking) and saw there was an English language version... so I imagine it'll be the same for the game.

denizsi

Arcane
AF story takes place in Poland after year 2012

I like how there is more cultural variety coming with European games. Especially when you wonder how Europeans were doing in Fallout universe and now there might be an at least remotely similar game right there somewhere.

So when did the WWIII started?

It didn't. Russia nuked Poland while everyone else watched, so Poland is living their own self-containted post-apocalypse in the year 2012.

Mareus

Magister
OMG! This really looks promising. I won't hope though, so I don't jinx it, but Czechs and Polacks traditionally make good games, so lets hope this one turns out good. Finally something to look forward to.

Deleted member 7219

Edited my post, didn't go to the website before asking. Ok, it was a stupid question, it's answered now.

Durwyn

Prophet
Higher Game said:
Elwro said:
Nice picture of Warsaw on the main site.

Yes, it really is accurate to how Poland really is. :D

And you haven't seen Warsaw suburbs yet...

Im curious how they adapt to post-apo something that could never be seen in USA based setting... medieval castle ruins. There are many of them in Poland so a few might get in the game... That would be a sight to see

Callaxes

Arbiter
Our members have made a total of 57,221 posts
We have 921 registered members
The newest member is Kingston
Most users ever online was 267 on Apr 6 2008, 07:48

That was fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom