Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What unreleased MOD are you most looking forward to?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Can be for any game, any genre. Only criteria is it needs to actually be annoucned for a game that's already out, and not released yet. And not vaporware. So, let's hear it.

I think my pick would be Dominion of the Sword for Medieval 2: Total War. So far there is no "supermod" for Medieval 2 like there is Europa Barbarorum for Rome, but that mod is aiming to change that. Will definitely be playing when it comes out. From the list of features it seems pretty awesome. My only possible worry is that things could move at a glacial pace, which I think is a little bit of an issue in Europa Barbarorum. But hopefully it will be balanced right.

Codexlurker

Savant
Dicksmoker said:
Can be for any game, any genre. Only criteria is it needs to actually be annoucned for a game that's already out, and not released yet. And not vaporware. So, let's hear it.

I think my pick would be Dominion of the Sword for Medieval 2: Total War. So far there is no "supermod" for Medieval 2 like there is Europa Barbarorum for Rome, but that mod is aiming to change that. Will definitely be playing when it comes out. From the list of features it seems pretty awesome. My only possible worry is that things could move at a glacial pace, which I think is a little bit of an issue in Europa Barbarorum. But hopefully it will be balanced right.

That and Euorpa Barbarorum 2. The Roman preview for EBII got me interested in modeling Early Roman helmets.

Destroid

Arcane
None. Nobody makes good MP mods anymore and nobody plays the few that are out there. Online gaming has been declining hard the last 8 years or so.

Suicidal

Arcane
Paradox for Red Alert 3. Will make for awesome multiplayer fun. Too bad they will probably never finish it.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Rohit_N said:
Black Mesa. Pretty sure it's not vaporware.

This. This MOD is a remake (and judging from the screenshots - pretty good one) of Half-Life. Those guys put enormous amounts of work in it, but they seriously suck when it comes to developer-community relations. Their last official update was about a year ago, but they do post on the forums from time to time.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm with Dicksmoker and Codexlurker, and would add All Under Heaven to the list of TW mods I'm waiting for.

Joghurt

Augur
Black Mesa Source

Project Reality for ArmA2

EB2

Ivan's Secrets - it's a mod for HL2. Looks really promising and aims to be kinda like STALKER. Well it aims to make an island with pseudo-freeroaming aka like Far Cry 1. Aims to make realistic combat where firefights take place on realistic distances (if that's possible on Source engine). Basically it is a singleplayer total conversion, focusing on horror, tactical shooting and exploration.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ivans-secrets

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess i'm waiting (now that i've got the dark mod) for bloodlines ressurgence or whatever they're calling it now.

I refuse to get steam shit though, even if the game they are going to base the total conversion is free. I'm still going to "pirate" it. Fuck steam in the ass.

spectre

Arcane
Ran no Jidai for Rome TW. Although I should prolly consider it vaporware by now,
same goes for that Middle Earth mod for Mount and Blade,
and that Mechwarrior conversion of Men of War.

That's the thing about mods imo, they either go out pretty quickly, churning out updates and bugfixes on a regular basis, or they just slip away towards vapor.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Cold War Rearmed 2 for ArmA2

It's a remake of original Operation Flashpoint's campaign on AA2's engine, supported by the developer.

Would've waited for Black Mesa too but it's vapourware.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
SCO said:
I guess i'm waiting (now that i've got the dark mod) for bloodlines ressurgence or whatever they're calling it now.

I thought that the project was dead, but then I found their website and it looks that hey're still alive. They've even released something. Definitely looking forward this one too.

mariog

Educated
The Chosen One for Unreal Tournament. Basically a FPS/RPG for the Unreal engine.

Heechee

Liturgist
I'm patiently waiting for the release of all Tamriel Rebuilt maps. When it's done in couple of years, I'll do the last glorious replay of Morrowind.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Rohit_N said:
Project 2027 for Deus Ex also looks interesting.

http://project2027.com/

Interesting.... I hope it won't suffer from a horrible fucking engrish translation. Looks promising though. If it actually gets released.

mariog said:
The Chosen One for Unreal Tournament. Basically a FPS/RPG for the Unreal engine.

The Chosen One must Choose? :lol:

links plz.

DraQ

Arcane
mariog said:
Also Residual Decay for UT. I'm still butthurt over BfNP cancellation.
:x

heechee1 said:
I'm patiently waiting for the release of all Tamriel Rebuilt maps. When it's done in couple of years, I'll do the last glorious replay of Morrowind.
Also this.
Jaesun said:
links plz.
http://www.unrealsp.org

You should make it on your own from there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom