Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What ? Over a year and this is still on top ?

Topher

Cipher
Red Dead looks like a lot of fun, it's too bad there hasn't been a PC port yet.

Drakron

Arcane
Topher said:

Did not liked what I seen.

Its typical Rockstar ... "open" world, bunch of annoying retarded mini games that you have to beat at least once since they are main quest related (STOP FUCKING DOING THAT ALREADY), pre-generated character with a background.

Rockstar is like BioWare, they always put the same shit again and again ... except BioWare AT LEAST tries to make SOME changes here and there.

Topher

Cipher
Drakron said:
Topher said:

Its typical Rockstar ... "open" world, bunch of annoying retarded mini games that you have to beat at least once since they are main quest related (STOP FUCKING DOING THAT ALREADY), pre-generated character with a background.

Rockstar is like BioWare, they always put the same shit again and again ... except BioWare AT LEAST tries to make SOME changes here and there.

Yeah, but I'm just looking to kill some time in the Wild West. I liked roping bad guys from horse back and the shooting mechanics were decent enough, plus roaming around the countryside is always fun for me (I liked Morrowind). I mean sure the main character is a little too story driven for my tastes and I doubt I'll like the side characters any better then I liked the ones from GTA IV but unlike GTA this is in the Wild West and I'm a sucker for that I guess.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Felix said:
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/top-sellers-of-2010-so-far/top-sellers-of-2010-so-far/1407296/11

2d will not sell hurr

Will this encourage people to make more sidescrolling platformer ?

Oh wait, Donkey Kong also returns.

:M
Is that game any good?

Topher

Cipher
Ed123 said:
Don't waste your money on RDR, 'cept maybe for the multiplayer.

I hadn't exactly planned on it but there isn't a PC version. At any rate my 360 is broken, again, and I'm done fixing it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Topher said:
unlike GTA this is in the Wild West and I'm a sucker for that I guess.

Gun is something you're looking for if you haven't already

Topher

Cipher
Darth Roxor said:
Topher said:

I played it and had fun, it's not amazing but it was fun enough. RDR looked to be a good extension on what gun was and as such caught my interest.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Felix said:
2d will not sell hurr
You gotta admit Super Mario Wii was awesome, especially if you play it with another person (we tried with three once and it was way too messy). 8-1 will always hold a special place in my heart for being so GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING. It's a perfectly balanced stage.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Felix said:
2d will not sell hurr
You gotta admit Super Mario Wii was awesome, especially if you play it with another person (we tried with three once and it was way too messy). 8-1 will always hold a special place in my heart for being so GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING. It's a perfectly balanced stage.

Playing it with four people is the best. The laughs alone make it worth it.

Garm

Learned
Felix said:
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/top-sellers-of-2010-so-far/top-sellers-of-2010-so-far/1407296/11

2d will not sell hurr

:M

The reason it sold was because it had Mario in the title. 2d won't sell well unless it has a big name behind it because the vast majority of console gamers are fucking morons.

Felix

Arcane
It outsell 3d Mario title like Galaxy by a very large margin, of course you can say it's because of nostalgia factor but there are a lot of new players too.

Lavoisier said:
Sceptic said:
Felix said:
2d will not sell hurr

Throwing people around is hilarious lol. :thumbsup:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Felix said:
It outsell 3d Mario title like Galaxy by a very large margin, of course you can say it's because of nostalgia factor but there are a lot of new players too.
I would say that's because it's more straightforward than Galaxy (whose 3D I find annoyingly confusing and slows down the pace a lot), yet it's one case where "straightforward" and "simple" doesn't mean the game's easy (not in the later stages anyway).

That, and I think it's simply a much better game than Galaxy.

entertainer

Arbiter
You have no new messages

Check-out Codex Merchandise - Buy stuff from Amazon - Link Converter
T-Shirt Hell | Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)

Donate and get rid
of these pesky ads!

Codex T-Shirts RPG Codex :: Latest News
Legerdemain & other assorted Roguelike Updates
DeathSpank finally coming to PC
On Game Design and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tacticular Cancer :: Latest News
Shogun 2: Morder Dem
Squad Battles: Red Victory at Armchair General
AGEOD on Pride of Nations
Codex Mugs

What ? Over a year and this is still on top ?

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic
Felix

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 07:41:50 Post subject: What ? Over a year and this is still on top ?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/top- ... 1407296/11

2d will not sell hurr

poocolator

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 08:03:33 Post subject:

Hah! I had forgotten all about Red Dead Redemption.

Topher

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 08:40:57 Post subject:

Drakron

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 08:49:29 Post subject:

Topher wrote:

Topher

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 08:54:59 Post subject:

Drakron wrote:
Topher wrote:

Yeah, but I'm just looking to kill some time in the Wild West. I liked roping bad guys from horse back and the shooting mechanics were decent enough, plus roaming around the countryside is always fun for me (I liked Morrowind). I mean sure the main character is a little too story driven for my tastes and I doubt I'll like the side characters any better then I liked the ones from GTA IV but unlike GTA this is in the Wild West and I'm a sucker for that I guess.

Dicksmoker
3 balls, 2 dick

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 09:51:57 Post subject: Re: What ? Over a year and this is still on top ?

Felix wrote:

2d will not sell hurr

Is that game any good?

Felix

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24:01 Post subject:

Very good.

Ed123
-

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 14:37:53 Post subject:

Topher

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 14:41:34 Post subject:

Ed123 wrote:

I hadn't exactly planned on it but there isn't a PC version. At any rate my 360 is broken, again, and I'm done fixing it.

Ed123
-

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 14:53:41 Post subject:

It might, theoretically, be worth getting if it came out on PC and was moddable. Fixing the controls, making alternate skins available in SP, throwing out the retarded ninja zerg rush wildlife and maybe adding new random encounters might make it playable in free roam. After turning it into Deadlands.

Darth Roxor

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 14:56:44 Post subject:

Topher wrote:

Assortment of quality Let's Play threads: The Shivah (X-TREME Rabbinism) | The Horde (witness the horrible rape of Sir Chauncey) | The Blackwell Trilogy (can't think of a witty headline) | Rage of Mages 2 (where mages yell 'FFFUUUUU...') | The McCarthy Chronicles (more grimdark than you can handle) | GROM (Nazis in Tibet!)

Felix

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 15:29:00 Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuSofgOZQxg

I lost confidence in my jumping skill because of this

Topher

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 15:32:16 Post subject:

Darth Roxor wrote:
Topher wrote:

I played it and had fun, it's not amazing but it was fun enough. RDR looked to be a good extension on what gun was and as such caught my interest.

Sceptic

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 18:09:27 Post subject: Re: What ? Over a year and this is still on top ?

Felix wrote:
2d will not sell hurr

_________________Cleveland Mark Blakemore wrote:
You and I are going to be good penpals over the coming years and you will find that trespassing on my intellectual property is just like being tracked by Yul Brynner in WESTWORLD. I will never go away. This will never end. It's only getting started.

The solution for you is to change the name of your development team. Otherwise you would not believe what an ordeal I will put you through over the coming months and years. If you think I am bluffing, I will put you in touch with people who are currently on medication because just mentioning my name makes them start screaming uncontrollably. They thought I was bluffing too.

Regards,
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Lavoisier

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 19:15:08 Post subject: Re: What ? Over a year and this is still on top ?

Sceptic wrote:
Felix wrote:
2d will not sell hurr

_________________AndhairaX wrote:
You are easily amused Marcelo. I personally prefer my comedy to be of a more cereberal nature.

chicago_bankroll wrote:
Live every day like it's your last, because someday it will be. Dream. Discover. Explore. Go down the path less traveled. Take only photographs, leave only footprints. Don't be so damn selfish all the time. Call your mother. Smoke some pot, everything will be okay.

Garm

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 22:54:52 Post subject: Re: What ? Over a year and this is still on top ?

Felix wrote:

2d will not sell hurr

The reason it sold was because it had Mario in the title. 2d won't sell well unless it has a big name behind it because the vast majority of console gamers are fucking morons.

Felix

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 04:44:40 Post subject:

Lavoisier wrote:
Sceptic wrote:
Felix wrote:
2d will not sell hurr

Throwing people around is hilarious lol.

Sceptic

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 06:20:47 Post subject:

Felix wrote:

I would say that's because it's more straightforward than Galaxy (whose 3D I find annoyingly confusing and slows down the pace a lot), yet it's one case where "straightforward" and "simple" doesn't mean the game's easy (not in the later stages anyway).

That, and I think it's simply a much better game than Galaxy.
_________________Cleveland Mark Blakemore wrote:
You and I are going to be good penpals over the coming years and you will find that trespassing on my intellectual property is just like being tracked by Yul Brynner in WESTWORLD. I will never go away. This will never end. It's only getting started.

The solution for you is to change the name of your development team. Otherwise you would not believe what an ordeal I will put you through over the coming months and years. If you think I am bluffing, I will put you in touch with people who are currently on medication because just mentioning my name makes them start screaming uncontrollably. They thought I was bluffing too.

Regards,
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming All times are GMT + 3 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies Jump to:

Quick Reply:

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Codex expects that every man shall do his patriotic duty and give internets.