Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the single best SP TB Strategy?

Derek Larp

Cipher
If you´re interested in wargames you might want to check out Norm Kogers Operational Art of War III. As in the title, it deals with the operational level of warfare and has scenarios from WWI to modern times.

Also: Ascendancy

It´s not really that deep for a 4x space game, but I had fun with it for a while. And the music kicks ass.

mondblut

Arcane
Blackadder said:
Not sure if anyone has played this, but an old favourite of mine is always set up on each new computer I get. Sword of Aragon.

I played the dos version. Pretty cool game. I spent many hours trying to conquer that elven city in the middle of the map for no avail. I think I gave up on it and just left it behind, final enemy fortress was easier than that.

Designing your troops from scratch was very fun, they actually feel like your handpicked personal elite guard company, not just a bunch of replaceable units to throw away at the enemy.

Funny, I checked the screens on mobygames, and it looks to me like a rare case of a EGA dos game looking more attractive than amiga version. Blue on bright yellow just doesn't have the same dark and gritty (tm) feeling like brown on, well, brown.

Have you played War of the Lance? It has somewhat similar feel, although combat resolution is automatic.

Zakhal

Liturgist
mondblut said:
Blackadder said:
Have you played War of the Lance? It has somewhat similar feel, although combat resolution is automatic.

Ive been looking to play that while I reread the lance books (or more like listen them). Good to hear that it has automatic resolutions. I kind a like them.

There are tons but currently Im playing Dominions 3 which is pretty good as sp even. Next is fantasy wars and elven sequel which are unofficial "fantasy general" sequels. The most promising looks to be the unofficial sequel to master of magic aka that war of elements or somthing from galciv makers. I allready preordere it to get into the beta.

Bets current space 4x is definetly Sword of the stars. No doubt about it. Modded ufo:et is imho best squad based one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom