Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is actually good of the White Wolf stuff and what would it take to run it in a sane manner?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Changing Breeds, for all your furry ERP needs:

YYnXB.png

:smug:

Eldagusto

Educated
Trying to run an Exalted X WoD crossover would be tricky. Exalted is a fantasy/ anime setting, and WoD is not. You could run Exalted a little darker and WoD a little more heroic, but I don't see much of a middle ground between them. Hard to see any reason to take Exalted characters into WoD.

One of the ex developers of 3rd Ed wrote three different Exalted vs World of Darkness books so far.
Hm. Interesting. Well, that is one way of doing it!

This is the original book https://holdenshearer.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/Exalted-Versus-World-of-Darkness.pdf

this is the companion book https://holdenshearer.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/exalted_vs_world_of_darkness_companion.pdf

And this is the newly released Revised book https://holdenshearer.files.wordpress.com/2021/10/exalted_versus_world_of_darkness_revised.pdf

They are all free downloads

0wca

Learned
I've got questions. Multiple questions. Lately I've been browsing Mage:the Ascension lore and I'm not sure why. Werewolf seems completely, unredeemably gay and Vampire seems like the pointless kind of autistic, but Mage looks really cool. People say it's a bitch to run. Supposedly Mage:the Awakening was a fix for this, but is it, though? Also I'm not sure if the fluff is as cool. In any P&P setting, it's always the most fun to play humans having a hard time in a hard world, and most of the WoD stuff doesn't seem to cater to that.

-What is the best oWoD/nWoD lore, and what is the best way to inject it into my veins? Reading rulebooks just for the fluff or reading shitty - but not too shitty - novels set in a cool setting is a-ok with me. But I'm not about to read it all, that would be insane.

-oWoD/nWoD which is better and why? Are the mechanics of the new stuff better? Is the lore better? How hard is it to port over the old stuff to the new stuff, and how would one go about doing it specifically? Or perhaps just port it over into a completely different system?

-Any of you Storytellers have any experience running Hunter:the Vigil or Mage:the Something? Some tips? Do you use the other settings for monster generation or do you have a better, faster way of doing it that's nonetheless flavourful?

-How do you go about combining multiple franchises, such as Mage:the X, Hunter:the Vigil, and Changeling:the Lost

-Geez there are like 10 different versions. Which nWoD? Alternatively, which oWoD? What are the good sourcebooks? Armory seems like a no brainer.

-Seriously how the fuck do you run Mage and make it cool

-Add your own questions idno

My knowledge of oWoD/nWoD unfortunately mostly extends to Vampire v20 and 5e so I'll mention those.

As far as the lore and (most) of the rules are concerned, v20 is really good. If the rest of the nWoD books are anything like VtM 5E then it's all crap. Don't waste your time.

The only good thing about 5E are a handful of rules, such as messy criticals, which you can easily implement into v20.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom