Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What improvements do you want to see in Mass Effect III?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Yeah, I liked Mass Effect and Mass Effect II. In fact I thoroughly enjoyed them. Bite me. Now, we can all agree that the games could defenitely be improved. With Mass Effect III on the way, what improvements do you want to see and why? Discuss!

Personally I want to see more interesting combat encounters. The second game had a number of 'boss' battles which were fun but overall it was a pretty straightforwards cover-shoot-cover affair. With the geth as most common adversaries it seemed that the first game had much more variation in the kind of enemies you fought and in their tactics. Geth climbing on ceilings, husks coming at you, geth snipers shooting from a distance and huge behemoths requiring a lot of firepower to bring down.

The lack of an inventory in the second game felt like a real loss for anyone like me who enjoys tinkering with the loadout of his characters and loves finding new phat loot.

The Mako vehicle was perhaps the weakest part of Mass Effect I but the mining minigame which was introduced in its place in II was horrid. At least the Mako was a nice wink to the classic moon patrol and the exploration part of such games as Starflight and Star Controll II. And no, that rocket buggy monstrosity that was introduced through DLC in Mass Effect II was not an improvement. I do hope we'll see a return of the Mako.

Other than that? Moar of the same. Oh yessss.

The only improvements these mongols at Bioware understand is how to dumb the game even further and sell more copies.

bonescraper

- No dialogue wheels, no dialogue choices at all
- More badass enemies
- More BADASS weapons
- Badass melee weapons
- Badass multiplayer with deathmach and CTF modes
- Badass drivable vehicles (such as tanks, APCs, UAVs, choppers or whatever they have in the future etc. SERIOUSLY, THAT SHIT WOULD BE BADASS!)
- Less cinematics, more badass action
- More BADASS armor
- Better badass graphics
- Badass player housing
- TACTICAL NUKE AIRSTRIKES!

Baron

Arcane
Loved the Mako. Especially cruising on some of the beautiful worlds. But it needed...

- lethal FAST mini-nuke tower rockets on base defences! To make approaching a base a panicked game of skill and reflexes. Rockets with a minimum fire distance, that cannot target humans on foot. So you either hammer it inside the minimum range whilst dodging landmines and praying to your alien god as you storm the base, or you park over a ridge and approach stealthily on foot engaging in a firefight with the mercenary defenders once spotted.

- more indigenous life besides the thrasher maw. Life that would go neatly under the hardened rubber tread of the Mako's spinning wheels.

- the occasional acidic atmosphere that fucks up the Mako, meaning you have to prioritise core objectives with tempting side missions (and then changing objectives to throw into chaos the plans of those who cut it close.) In fact, a more destructible Mako. I loved crashing down mountainsides, but it took the suspense out of it by being indestructible. The player should have had to balance the remaining quest time with threats, rocky terrain, base defences, etc. Make the player choose when to approach cautiously and when to soar like a low gravity madman.

Also would like...

MOAR WREX!

And moar dialogue options. ACTUAL different dialogue choices, and not two seemingly different branches that Shepherd speaks neither line of but still ends up being the same outcome.

And remove the planetary scanning mini-game. The only positive feature was the occasional picking up of garbled distress calls. But resource gathering sucked hard with an event horizon.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
- More badassery of course, moar renegade interrupts
- More interesting combat encounters, indeed
- Bring back inventory, goddammit
- I'd love if they improved the Vanguard class gameplay further in some way, maybe make right timing more vital or something
- Mako FTW

racofer

Thread Incliner
Don't change anything from ME2, gameplay-wise. The only thing that needs to go is planet scanning and then we would've an almost perfect trilogy finale.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'd like to have even more control over the story (I loved how everyone could die in the final mission if you made some poor decisions during the game).

Some Fallout-style random encounters on galaxy map would be neat.

Bring Mako back, but make exploring the planets actually interesting this time.

bonescraper

racofer said:
The only thing that needs to go is planet scanning and then we would've an almost perfect trilogy finale.
Yeah, that planet scanning shit wasn't badass at all. Seriously, what were they thinking? They should add some orbital bombardment this time. Imagine! That would be FUCKING BADASS! We think alike bro! See, i wanted some tactical nukes and here you come with this badass orbital bombardment idea!

Badass Effect 3 is gonna be badass :smug:

FatCat

Educated
racofer said:
Don't change anything from ME2, gameplay-wise. The only thing that needs to go is planet scanning and then we would've an almost perfect trilogy finale.

finale you kidding ? :smug: why kill a cow if it still gives some milk yummy

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
FatCat said:
racofer said:

finale you kidding ? :smug: why kill a cow if it still gives some milk yummy

Yeah. We want a dodecalogy at least. ME:PC=FF:Consoles.

barker_s said:
I'd like to have even more control over the story (I loved how everyone could die in the final mission if you made some poor decisions during the game).

Some Fallout-style random encounters on galaxy map would be neat.

Bring Mako back, but make exploring the planets actually interesting this time.
Won't happen.

1. Movies can't give you control over the story. Since this is in interactive movie it's only possible to a certain degree. The degree is kill a guy to never see him again. Let him live to never see him again. Fuck a bitch to trigger the cutscene. Don't fuck the bitch to prevent the cutscene from triggering.

2. Consoletards don't understand the concept of randomness nor do they want it.

3. By removing the Mako Bioware admited the Mako was a failure. By adding the Mako back in the game they would admit their failure of removing the Mako was a failure, that's a double failure.

bonescraper said:
- No dialogue wheels, no dialogue choices at all
- More badass enemies
- More BADASS weapons
- Badass melee weapons
- Badass multiplayer with deathmach and CTF modes
- Badass drivable vehicles (such as tanks, APCs, UAVs, choppers or whatever they have in the future etc. SERIOUSLY, THAT SHIT WOULD BE BADASS!)
- Less cinematics, more badass action
- More BADASS armor
- Better badass graphics
- Badass player housing
- TACTICAL NUKE AIRSTRIKES!
Will happen.

We could use a guy like you in our dev team. :bioware:

I think SimpleComplexity should be awarded a custom tag.

"Skyway Jr."
Skyway 2.0 :smug:

Two things:

1-- Make it "rpger":
Bigger better hubs, more optional side content, make the "missions" non-instanced and connected to the game world(you can go back to the area), an inventory system that's halfway between 1 and 2.

2-- More space Geralt, less biomance:
More stripclubs, giant halfnaked billboards, consorts , that kind of thing. Exploration, sex and exotic people are intertwined, Captain Kirk shagged exotic-looking chicks, so did the ones in Babylon 5, Cocoon, Alien Nation, the age of discoveries, it's part of the appeal. For a game that tries to be "cool", sex should be bigger than the dorky romances, that shit fits the virginal ferelden squad better.

Obviously they should also get rid of ME2's planet scanning, add some in-loco planetary exploration, more high-quality pre-fab faces etc..

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I like the idea of extra optional side content. Especially in space. More small outposts, drifting hulks (that could be a kickass tribute 'level') and perhaps even some fun boarding actions. Space Opera needs space shit. Oh, and Wrex. More Wrex is always good.

SimpleComplexity said:
Skyway 2.0 :smug:

I agree. More bullshit with even less substance. The console version of Skyway with added emoticons for extra retardedness. The dumbed down sequel.

Nael

Arcane
More memorable/remarkable writing and storyline. But it's already too late for that. The galaxy is doomed to mediocrity.

Was it ME or FO3 that started the whole "good for what it is" cliche here? Because that really sums the ME series up for me. It's not a terrible game, but it's disposable and not really all that remarkable. They didn't bring any new or interesting themes to the genre of sci-fi or cRPGs. It's so unimaginative. That is my beef with ME and Bioware writing in general.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd actually also like to see the Mako back, with interesting ground levels to go along with it. On that note, I'd also like to see upgrades for the vehicle. Let it start out with a machine gun of some sort, and then throw in the ability to upgrade all sorts of shit on it.

I'd also like a bit bigger selection of weapons and armor. Not to the extent of ME1, where you constantly had a gajillion models and slightly better of models of all the weapons. Maybe a middle path between 1 & 2?

I'd also like to see some space combat a la Star Trek Bridge commander, where you give commands to your officers on how to engage the enemy. Oh, and while we're at the ship, more upgrade possibilities for that too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom