Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if AoD sucks?

shadow86

Novice
Five years? That fucking sucks. The more I look into this game the more excited I get but that makes it even worse that it might never come out. Although what really pisses me off is the the designers don't seem to be making any attempt to finish it or at least tell people how much they have left to do. A little status report now and then wouldn't hurt, would it.

Lumpy

Arcane
shadow86 said:
Five years? That fucking sucks.
Actually, that was my mistake. 4 years and a half. And I don't see how that 'sucks' - did you expect a game of this magnitude made by four people to be released in a couple of months?

shadow86 said:
The more I look into this game the more excited I get but that makes it even worse that it might never come out.
It's most probable that it will be released.

shadow86 said:
Although what really pisses me off is the the designers don't seem to be making any attempt to finish it or at least tell people how much they have left to do. A little status report now and then wouldn't hurt, would it.
Again, 4 people. One designer, one graphics artist, one programmer, and one something else. All of which have jobs and families, too. It's hard to predict how long it will take to do something or other.
Also, I don't think most people really care when the game is going to be done. It's there, it's being worked on, it will be released when it's done. I love what I hear about it, but I don't give a fuck whether it's going to be released now, or one year later. It can't take much longer, really, considering the game is currently in a somewhat playable state.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I have a much deeper question...

What if AoD doesn't suck? At what point do you reckon Vault Dweller would sell himself out to BioWare?

Ivy Mike

Scholar
When David Gaider comes along and says: "Dude, I saw what you did. We could use you on Dragon Age. You've done Q&A before right?"

Severian Silk

I wasn't too impressed with the writing last time I checked. The concept is great, though, and I'm sure the combat will be good.

Severian Silk

That's good news!

I remember an old comparison thread where the original text was a little broken but had a nice tone, but the suggested changes--while grammatically improved--were too flowery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom