Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

axx

Savant
it actually feels like hell with ranged-attack spam at this point).
With a warrior always carry a bow around for those succubi. Also I suggest playing with devilutionX. They've managed to get rid of most bugs.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Playing the first Splinter Cell for the first time since I was a kid. Actually started in order to collect footage to make a point about the mediocre Batman games, but I'm not sure I can use it, because the way Splinter Cell uses darkness is actually ridiculous. The darkness/light is so weirdly isolated to small spots, and everyone works with the lights off, as if electricity costs a fortune. Definitely should play a part in a Batman game, but Splinter Cell forced it too much.

Splinter-Cell-picking-up-item-and-throwing-mp4-snapshot-00-15-2024-05-10-16-59-16.jpg

Splinter-Cell-clip-2-mkv-snapshot-00-12-2024-05-10-16-56-43.jpg

Splinter-Cell-clip-1-mkv-snapshot-00-04-2024-05-10-16-57-03.jpg

Also weird how they can suddenly see you even in the dark as soon as you are discovered.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Sam speaks to daughter from airplane, her first appearance. Two seconds later she is kidnapped, lol.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
it actually feels like hell with ranged-attack spam at this point).
With a warrior always carry a bow around for those succubi. Also I suggest playing with devilutionX. They've managed to get rid of most bugs.
I hadn’t had a single bow drop that was more than 1-10 damage or I would have. Guess I was just being obstinate and brute-forcing through it. Getting the “grizzly” (I think it was called) two-hander towards the end was a huge help. I’ll have to look into Devilution when I replay on PC. Thanks.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I want to say that Deus Ex: Invisible War has kinda grown on me...
Nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.
Though nowhere near as great as the original game, it is way more cyberpunk and hi tech.

jackofshadows

Magister
I tried to use wabbajack install a few weeks ago and it failed (a couple of mods of the whole list), the game crashed during the loading. So yeah, will install manually the next time. The last time I used wabbajack and it worked fine but that was a year or more ago. Viva New Vegas is definitely worth the hasstle by the way, I think so too.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Is there an easy way to install Viva New Vegas? I'm preparing for a new vegas run after Fallout 1 and apparently Viva New Vegas is supposed to be great, but it's a bastard to get installed.
Bruh, it took me 3 secs of googling

Their own webpage!

Still, I don't know if this is the easy way, I installed it manually.
I tried that, but Wabbajack doesn't seem to work and the VNV collection on vortex doesn't work either. I guess I have to try to do it manually after all.
Anyway, playing Fallout 1 right now. Trying for a bruiser heavy weapons type of build. Didn't dump int (but I did lower it to 4) but I did dump charisma and I picked up fast shot because you aren't going to use aimed shots with heavy weapons. Tagging big guns with fallout fixt starts you off with a flamethrower, which is pretty ridiculous. It can one shot most enemies early game, but you only have 5 shots so use them wisely.

I blew up my 10mm pistol from bad luck even though I have luck 7, but that's ok because it happened in vault 15 and you get a 10mm SMG, which works even better with what I'm going for.

I forgot that you actually start off with a decent amount of small guns, especially if you invest in AGI, so not having a lot of flamer fuel isn't too bad. Funnily enough, I also discovered that stacking strength and agility gives you a really high starting skill level in unarmed. Had I tagged it I would have gotten 90+ skill, but I didn't because I don't think unarmed synergizes with fast shot? Don't you need aimed shots to make the most of it?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
That's what I was thinking. You attack faster, but you deal such poor damage with unaimed strikes but such great damage with aimed strikes that it doesn't matter.
I tried kicking some rats just to get the feel of it, and it still felt really inefficient, even with 3AP unarmed attacks.

Fast Shot + Bonus HtH attacks could get you to 1 AP per melee strike which was pretty cool. You don't really need to fight a ton of armored enemies in F1 so you don't really need the eye shots the way you do carving a path through the enclave in F2. Power Fist also has the inherent penetration

Unfortunately melee progression in F1 is pretty bad and there's not much that is good until you get Power Fist. Super Sledge sucks because it knocks people across the screen, which is helping them.

Also Fast Shot is a lot better if you play with one of the various mods that adjust the mechanics so that AP ammo is actually better against armor rather than a downgrade. It's hard to talk about them collectively since they all do it in slightly different ways, but generally if you do a point blank burst fire with AP ammo using a powerful weapon things will get shredded.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Fast Shot + Bonus HtH attacks could get you to 1 AP per melee strike which was pretty cool. You don't really need to fight a ton of armored enemies in F1 so you don't really need the eye shots the way you do carving a path through the enclave in F2. Power Fist also has the inherent penetration

Unfortunately melee progression in F1 is pretty bad and there's not much that is good until you get Power Fist. Super Sledge sucks because it knocks people across the screen, which is helping them.

Also Fast Shot is a lot better if you play with one of the various mods that adjust the mechanics so that AP ammo is actually better against armor rather than a downgrade. It's hard to talk about them collectively since they all do it in slightly different ways, but generally if you do a point blank burst fire with AP ammo using a powerful weapon things will get shredded.
Does Fallout Fixt do that? The only mods I really know are Fixt and Fallout Restoration Project, and I think they fix most issues?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I never let any of my toons go burst because you tend to knock off civilians or your own buddies. Single shots for every one! Even Sulik gets a .223 pistol.

Does Fallout Fixt do that? The only mods I really know are Fixt and Fallout Restoration Project, and I think they fix most issues?

I'm not sure what Fixt does. I know Sfall lets you use one of the modified ammo systems for Fallout 2, and I think fallout 2 TCs do their own thing. The problem for Fallout 2 was that the ammo modifiers were improperly balanced so that ammo designed for unarmored enemies was always better. The problem with Fallout 1 is both that + the ammo modifiers weren't actually working anyway. So you can test shooting something armored and see if the different ammo has any change in damage output I guess?

Krivol

Magister

I'm not sure what Fixt does. I know Sfall lets you use one of the modified ammo systems for Fallout 2, and I think fallout 2 TCs do their own thing. The problem for Fallout 2 was that the ammo modifiers were improperly balanced so that ammo designed for unarmored enemies was always better. The problem with Fallout 1 is both that + the ammo modifiers weren't actually working anyway. So you can test shooting something armored and see if the different ammo has any change in damage output I guess?
Yep, Sfall is quite configurable and there is an option to use one of a few damage/ammo modifications.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Finished ASSES 2063. Pretty cool game. Felt to me like a kind of mix between Blood and Outlaws. Fun shootan, cool levels, nice atmosphere - I particularly liked that it wasn't lolrandumb or chockful of references/fan service like many games/mods of this kind are, it was fairly serious overall except for a few gags. Pretty tough in a few places too, especially the Dead Man Walking mini-ep. The only thing that bothered me a little were the points of no return in the main episode, though Dad Man Walking fixed that.

Next stop: ASSES Afterglow.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I never let any of my toons go burst because you tend to knock off civilians or your own buddies. Single shots for every one! Even Sulik gets a .223 pistol.

Fucking Sulik. Don't stand behind me, asshole! :lol:
It could have been Marcus with a Bozar...
Laser Rifle for Marcus.
You can also get a Plasma Rifle from Sierra Army Base which you can then upgrade in New Reno.
I know you are just kidding, you don't give your companions Burst weapons...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom