Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Oesophagus

Arcane
Currently playing Endless Space. Worthy successor to MoO, though the battle system is balls. That is all

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Playing a lot of Crusader Kings 2, my character is currently possessed by the Devil and is speaking in tongues about fucking his vassals sheep... i love this game :D

goatvomit

Eau de Rapax
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm cheating my way through Head over Heels with an Amstrad emulator. I raise my hat to anyone who finished it without cheating. Dynamite dan is next on the list of games I never finished as a kid.

Deleted member 7219

Enjoying the greatest game ever made - TIE Fighter CD. I have it running perfectly in DOSBOX (albeit with some controller drift, a bug I remember from when I first played it back in the 90s).

Also playing The Secret World.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Was playing through Unepic recently. It's not a bad Castlevania/Metroid-like, though the silly pop-culture jokes get old quite fast...
I'll go back to Eador soon, it's pretty good when you only play like a node every so often.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
I recently picked up King of Dragon Pass. I had missed this the first time around, but wanted to check it out.

What a great game. Well worth the $3 I paid for it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Been playing a lot of Achtung Panzer: Operation Star with the uniform mod and the latest patches and optional polygons patch. Game looks splendid. What keeps surprising me is how epic it can turn. Halftracks on fire still driving on, tanks exploding, artillery hitting a halftrack tearing it apart, a tiger hit countless times and still fighting on. Game looks so fucking great that I'm going to do my best to get some screenshots.

7h30n

Augur
Might & Magic ]|[ Isles of Terra (Screamers are driving me insane) sprinkled with some Hitman: Contracts (those damned remade Hong Kong missions are boring)

vitamin

Augur
Hardwar - my first space trading game ever... and what a great game. It's almost 15yrs old but looks very good (thx to UIM patches I guess) and plays even better - dogfights, trading, intriguing plot. Plus the music from Warp Rec. - counld't ask for more (apart from sequel of course).

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Might and Magic 3 was a pain in the arse with those Screamers. A fun game, though. I'm playing Might and Magic 4/5- World of Xeen right now, a round of FTL when I have a couple hours to blow, Thief: Gold when the wife gives me the main computer for a few hours, and King's Bounty. Also, I'm going through Teen Agent with a walkthrough just to cross it off my list of free GOG games I haven't played. The others are all fun, but Teen Agent is a shit game even with the walkthrough. It's not funny and there is no logic to the puzzles.

Gregz

Arcane
Might and Magic 3 was a pain in the arse with those Screamers. A fun game, though. I'm playing Might and Magic 4/5- World of Xeen right now, a round of FTL when I have a couple hours to blow, Thief: Gold when the wife gives me the main computer for a few hours, and King's Bounty. Also, I'm going through Teen Agent with a walkthrough just to cross it off my list of free GOG games I haven't played. The others are all fun, but Teen Agent is a shit game even with the walkthrough. It's not funny and there is no logic to the puzzles.

King's Bounty rules, are you playing the new viking one?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Negative. Playing the original and enjoying it very much. I heard Armored Princess is an even better game. I didn't even know there was a new one.

Gregz

Arcane

Negative. Playing the original and enjoying it very much. I heard Armored Princess is an even better game. I didn't even know there was a new one.

Yeah AP is great, but make sure to get Crossworlds...It's AP + the expansion. There's a Viking themed one they just released, heard it's not much better than CW, mostly a reskin:

http://www.kingsbountygame.com/

sser

Arcane
Developer
Might & Magic VI at the moment. I played it briefly many years ago and have been seeking to try it again; GOG helped with that.

I'm not very familiar with the series or its design. I've just started; going into the temple to retrieve a candelabra and someone's daughter. Party is Knight/Archer/Cleric/Sorcerer + hired a teacher or instructor, can't remember which. Killed the goblins and magicians outside the entrance without much of a problem. Killed the bats inside. Opened a door and got promptly fucked by a room of cobras. The game is really quite charming, though, and very playable on a modern system.

circ

Arcane
FTL for the second day, and I have to make people cry again. This wasn't worth $10.

After unlocking most ships except crystal and most achievements including some b-type ships, what's the point again? Same fucking trash mobs and events for 8 sectors with the exact same tactics most of the time. Blast weapons and shield and be a dick and blast life-support too because retards don't flee in time. Ok, you can fuck up with the trash mobs too by forgetting about your own life-support and suddenly people start dying, but the end game is always the same and tactics amount to the same shit there too. Have a repair and hull droid and you've got a pretty good chance of toughing it out. Well somewhat. Whatever. How is this a rogue-like too? Super ironman mode? The loot-table is a joke compared to even the most basic true rogue-like. Uuugh no exploration whatsoever and combat is ass. Just clone Starflight, I don't care.

Music's good though.

EruDaan

Arcane
Torchlight II... much fun for only 9,- Euros. Better than Sacred 2
Saints Row: The Third... a mindless and fun game if you ask me. Too short storywise.

And Might'n' Magic 6's cobras are nothing to point and laugh at, that's true. At last not during the early game. :) Nice thing about MM6+7 for me is that I cannot break the game like I do with World of Xeen (Asp exp & gold grinding => mucho gold + steel wepaons => makes the game easy peasy) or MM3 (Obsidian weapnons from crystal shard mountains + fighter who gets all the speed boni).

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
circ I spent $5 to get FTL during a sale. If I spent $20 for it I might agree with your assessment, but for the price I spent it is quite the fun game. Someone got me SPAZ as a Christmas gift, and I'll be checking that out soon.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Brought the entire GTA collection minus 4.
I've never played the games so thought I'd give them a try since SR3 was enjoyable.

So far I'm about 4-5 hours into GTA3 and having a blast.
The game is less over the top then SR3 while still not taking itself too seriously.
Its also feels more difficult, I like that you actually have to learn how the Cars drive in order to pass the missions.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Ghost Recon 3DS: probably the only game on the system made for adults.

Dead Space 2: because fuck it. I've been having horrible digestion problems for 3 weeks now. Fuck everything.

Sorry where was I...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom