Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are the KKKodex picks for 2011?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
With 2010 already a fading memory we can look forward to the fruits of 2011. What games are on the wanted list of the KKKodex? What are you suger addled ADD basement dwellers eagerly waiting for to break the monotomy of your sad decrepit lives? Discuss!

L.A. Noire looks like it could potentially be a great mix between a sandbox GTA style game and an oldskool adventure. I expect to be letdown though. It all sounds too ambitious. Still...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Why? Because not every last shred of hope is burned from my soul. Perhaps this game will finally turn me into Skyway. Perhaps not.

Skyrim. No game is bound to bring entertainment to me as thoroughly over the coming months as this one. The KKKodex hivemind will make sure of that.

Stasis. SF. Check. Adventure. Check. Survival horror. Check. Great graphics. Check. Indie work of love by one guy. Check.

Mass Effect III for a rather simple reason. I liked I and II. They cannot possibly rape the franchise into oblivion now, can they? Oh wait, EA.

Age of Decadence. For the same reason why I wanted to play it in 2009 and 2010. Get off your arse, Vince. This starts to reek of development hell. Let go, take some distance and finish it.

7hm

Scholar
Deus Ex has a shot. Will depend on reviews. I'm cautiously hopeful but not optimistic.

Guild Wars 2. Because I want to try an MMORPG for the first time ever and I like the idea of no paying for sub and supposedly better PVP than most of whats on the market.

NHL 12. Because I buy all the NHL games on release day, for hockey is awesome and this series has been one of the best sports games for the last few years.

Diablo 3. Because it's Diablo 3.

Monaco. Though based on what I've read I'm not sure it'll be for me - I don't have multiple gamepads to play the thing on my computer nor people who would play it with me offline. Will probably buy anyway to support an indie.

Fate of the World. Looks really cool. Impressions by RPS guy here:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/11/03/some-impressions-the-fate-of-the-world/

Xenonauts. TB XCOM-like goodness. Hope it can live up to the original, it probably won't. I'll buy it anyway for the attempt.

Probably a bunch of other indie games I can't think of.

Oesophagus

Arcane
baronjohn said:
Wasn't Deus Ex moved to late 2012?

Haven't heard about that. Any links?
DXHR is pretty much the only thing I still have any hopes about. Not holding my breath though...

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Kinda conflicted about this one.
Stasis. Perhaps.
Mass Effect 3. Definitely.
Dungeon Siege 3. Most probably. :obsidianwhore:
Tropico 4. Just because I kinda like the series.
Age of Decadence. Definitely. But more like 2015, amirite?
Avadon. Jeff Vogel FTW.
Witcher 2. Perhaps.
New Vegas DLCs. Definitely. :obsidianwhore:

But also:
Pokemon Black and Pokemon White (DS). For obvious reasons.
Radiant Historia (DS). Probably will be shit.
Dragon Age 2. Will pirate first.

Probably something else I can't think of right now.

Eyeball

Arcane
New Vegas mods and DLCs. That's pretty much it. The rest either looks fairly crappy or is too 3rd generation for my PC to get within a hundred miles of running it.

Deus Ex falls in the Fairly Crappy camp, by the way. I think it will streamline itself to death in order to appeal to the new generation.

bonescraper

baronjohn said:
Wasn't Deus Ex moved to late 2012?
No, it was your payday.

War 2: Total Shogun - haters gonna hate

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - yeah, i'm going to buy this puppy 'cause AC2 was fucking awesome. And multiplayer looks pretty fun.

WiedĹşmin 2: ZabĂłjcy KrĂłlĂłw - 'cause i support indie RPGs :smug:

Desu Ex: Oragne Revolution - looks promising.

Dawn of War 2: Retribution - i'm a Relic fanboy and i love Warhammer. Oh, and the game looks promising too.

Batman: Arkham City - i like the first one, i don't think they can fuck this one up.

Dungeon Siege III - we will see.

Portal Zwei - maybe.

Duke Nukem Forever - we will see.

Age of Decadence Forever - i'll get it. When it's done.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
- The Bitcher Twitcher 2. Had fun with the first one, good atmosphere
- Portal 2 - gonna be great
- Stasis if it's even going to be released
- Overgrowth, if they finish it
- Gemini Rue, if it's good

Wasn't Diablo 3 due in 2012? Otherwise, that too.

And probably a lot of small indie games that I find. Generally I'm not at all enthusiastic about any of this really. Replaying some IF titles at the moment, the shit is cash.

bonescraper

Trash said:
Tell that to Bubba CA.
Why? Clearly, you're the one with issues here :smug:

I'm adding Stasis to my list. OMFG this gaem looks fucking BADASS.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Guild Wars 2 and Avadon. Can't recall anything else, but there are others as well. Also hoping that there will be info on Risen 2 released this year.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Dungeon Siege 3: It's being made by Obsidian so it will be AWESUM!!!11!
H8ers gonna h8.

Edit: This is my 1337 post and I feel good :smug:

chzr

Scholar
men of war assault squad and vietnam

red orchestra 2

and not removing from inventory all the overhyped so-called rpgs , plying them for few hours and uninstalling.

Multi-headed Cow

Deus Ex 3, maybe.
Fallout New Vegas DLC, maybe.
Mass Effect 3, definitely.
Age of Decadence, maybe depending on reviews and if I can get it on Steam.
Portal 2, definitely.
Witcher 2, most likely.
Dawn of War 2 expansion, most likely.
Duke Nukem Forever, maybe but leaning towards no.
Skyrim, definitely.
Torchlight 2, definitely.

Dragon Age 2 and Diablo 3 are on my shitlist and will be scorned.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Interested/will probably play:
GW2
AoD (Though I doubt it'll be thursday this year)
Shogun 2
Avadon demo

perhaps:
D3
DS2
TES:5,
though I doubt it.

Not too bad, actually.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Twitcher 2

Shogun 2...if they make it moddable.

Men of War Vietnam..Finally being on the side of the Gooks!

Ass Effect 3....still dreamin of Chakwas......

Not too much off the top of my head TBH. Don't really know what's being released.

I'd add a bunch of wargames/strategy and other indies but don't know much about their releases until right on top of them.

Apart from those probably the 'gold' editions of the better titles already released, including DLC, expansions etc. for games like NV or 2W2.

Probably will pirate Skyrim, but only really play it when complete a year later.

Not much, though I haven't really been paying attention.

I'd like to see the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum and see if they can make the combat less stiff, incorporate more of the rogues gallery into cool setpieces, and make the boss fights less...banal

:caruso:

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sort of interested in Gears of War 3. Number 2 was actually pretty fun, and wasn't a shooting gallery affair like the first one. Good enemy and encounter design really carried Gears of War 2, maybe they can stretch the fun out for a third edition.

Mass Effect 3, if it comes out will be worth a rent. Number 2 was kind of a disappointment, and I don't see where Bioware can take it from here in a good way, but it will be funny just to see the legend of Shepard grow even more, as he's too badass for even death now. Must be the bhaalspawn grandfather...

Not even going to get my hopes up about AoD/Cyclopean/SoW/ZRPG/Rosh's Space Funhouse/Grimoire because the chances of any of those in 2011 are about as high as banging that redhead chick from Mad Men.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
LA Noire... I haven't seen anything about it. I've seen the picture on the Rockstar social club that you click on if you wanna know how many miles you've walked. Nothing else. It'll do alright because I'll pick it up and everybody follows the horse.

Mass Effect 3 for me heavily depends on whether or not Bio was serious when they said it was going to be more RPG, because that direction is NOT the right direction. It's a wait and see.

Dragon Age 2 depends on how much of Dragon Age 1 is still in it. Even if it turns out alright, it's a bargain bin wait and see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom