Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[What? Another poll?!?] What Will Your First Character Be? Includes Free Personality Evaluation!

What will your first character be?

• Total voters

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Bro can you even priest right?

taark.jpg

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Chanter. Although I love D&D druids too so it'll be a tough choice. Probably go with a chanter main and a druid adventurer + 4 companions.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
A 15-year-old human paladin named Saerileth. Saerileth is a young woman of deep religious conviction and certainty.

Redshirt #42

Augur
Well, Rogue, Barbarian and Monk are the only classes that are not already covered by a companion, so I guess I should choose one of those.

Rogue seems to be the best fit into a companion-only party. I'm thinking I'll go with a female character. Probably a Godlike, since they get +1 Dex & +1 Int. The Fire Godlike's special ability sure sounds neat. And I'll name her

AN4RCHID

Arcane
What happened to the hullicigen-popping monk from the Kickstarter? Can't say I would be sad if they quietly got rid of him, that was easily the worst of all the companion designs.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My only disappointment is that I can never play a female fire godlike, because the only portrait for it makes me think of Roguey every time I see it, and he/she confuses me sexually.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, Rogue, Barbarian and Monk are the only classes that are not already covered by a companion, so I guess I should choose one of those.

Rogue seems to be the best fit into a companion-only party. I'm thinking I'll go with a female character. Probably a Godlike, since they get +1 Dex & +1 Int. The Fire Godlike's special ability sure sounds neat. And I'll name her
Then you can make a adventurer named Josh Sawyer to accompany your MC for the most balanced party.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My only disappointment is that I can never play a female fire godlike, because the only portrait for it makes me think of Roguey every time I see it, and he/she confuses me sexually.

If they allow custom portraits just steal one off google images.

Aenra

Wizard!
(i shoot magic into the darkness still)

and absolutely unrelated to my being a control freak with insecurity issues simply relishing the fuck out of making marionettes of my opponents

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
My character.

NAME: Angra
(greenland apparently have a few similarly-sounding names, and Angra is a cool band)
(it's also suitably feminine for a male elf :cool: )

If I find the time to make a custom portrait, then I probably will. Might edit the portrait from the screenshot below.

————————

ELF (+1 dexterity, +1 perception)
Elves are the dominant race in Eir Glanfath and The White that Wends and are extremely common in the Dyrwood and Aedyr. Elves are known for their speed and intelligence as well as a commonly isolationist nature.
You are a typical elf – fast and intelligent, and you rather keep to yourself.

WOOD ELF (Racial: Distant Advantage: Against any enemy that is more than 4m away, Wood Elves gain bonuses to Accuracy, Deflection, and Reflexes.)
Wood Elves (Sceltrfolc) trace their beginnings far north of present-day Aedyr and have migrated south throughout the forests of the continent, now covering it all the way south across the Equator.
They are also believed to have migrated across the sea to Eir Glanfath.
While physiologically identical to one another, Wood Elves from Aedyr are culturally different from those in Eir Glanfath and consider themselves wholly different groups.

You strongly believe you're Aedyran Sceltrfolc, but you cannot say for sure. The only family or relative you ever met, your father, would not speak on the matter.

DEADFIRE ARCHIPELAGO (+1 dexterity)
Consisting of the nation of Naasitaq, dozens of aumaua settlements, and hundreds of lawless, pirate-infested islands that stretch along the southern sea, Deadfire is home to Boreal Dwarves, aumaua. and a mixed variety of other races.
Deadfire Archipelago is the "last stop" for anyone headed east a multitude of monstrous sea creatures infest the ocean beyond, making travel virtually impossible.

You were raised from a young age by your father on a no-name island in the Deadfire Archipelago. Your father was a hunter and a fisherman, and he taught you how to draw a bow and how to spear fish swimming in the shallow waters around your home.
Spearing the fish required quick thrusts, and you often practiced rapid shooting of the bow (+1 dexterity).

As you were approaching adulthood, your father fell over board during a storm and drowned. You lived off the land by yourself for a few years before the influence of pirates drew you closer to the village islands, where you ended up worked as a fence for a few years.

MERCHANT (+ 1 mechanics, +1 lore)
You've traded goods from all over the world, pairing items with buyers of all kinds.
The death of your father left you emotionally stunted. You spent some time fencing ill-gotten goods from the very Deadfire pirates who drove you away from your home island, selling them off to travelling merchants. After a couple of years, now as a young adult, you decided to follow one of the merchants heading west.
Among the goods you fenced were many locked containers, so you taught yourself a thing or two about picking locks (+1 mechanics).
The merchants you peddled goods to always shared a story or two about their homelands or their destinations (+1 lore).

Like your father, you are as pale as wood elves come, and you have dark blond hair, shabbily cut and combed backwards.

ROGUE
Rogues are vicious killers, feared for the brutality of their attacks. They can be found as often in dark back alleys as the heart of battlefield skirmishes. Though unpredictable and undisciplined, rogues are commonly used as shock troops or as part of a surprise assault, their withering attacks breaking enemy ranks and morale. Rogues tend to congregate in larger numbers in cities where they can be steadily employed as mercenaries or hired muscle.
Your upbringing – the hunting techniques passed on by your father, the years spent living alone, and the time spent as a merchant peddling stolen goods – have led you to become rather brutal and direct, if need be. If waylaid by bandits, you would be quick to dispatch the threat and, maybe, ask questions later. You have an extreme self-discipline, but you care very little for the organized discipline of military institutions or peacekeepers. You follow your own path, and can be seen as unpredictable by strangers.
(sometimes Chaotic Good, sometimes Neutral Evil).

————————

0NelJ3r.jpg

Attributes with a focus to really make it a "fast" and nimble character, and to reflect the traits of an elf (i.e. fast and intelligent).
Skills will focus on lore, mechanics, and stealth. Kinda in that order.
Culture and background to boost attribute and skill focuses.

So, Dexterity is 20. I know it's not ideal for damage-dealing, but I want this character to hit as fast as possible. Intellect will boost duration of debuffs, which in turn will boost overall damage output. Same goes for 16 might, just to boost damage.
Only 4 resolve. I don't plan on getting hit as a ranged character, but I have good reflex and fortitude if I do get hit. Not sure how important Will is, but my 16 intellect counteracts the low resolve a bit.
Perception is 12. Seems like a pretty shitty stat, but it would feel wrong to be a wood elf with a focus on bows, and have shit perception. Beside, with a positive perception, I maintain my reflex bonus from the high dexterity (so it's like 24 reflex).

I'll choose skills that take advantage of fast attacks (e.g. passive %-to hits) and debuffs.
I know it's not called debuffs, but that's what I call it.

Last edited:
Chanters seem like a nice option (maybe being a Lorefag could spoil the first playtrough a bit).

Probably will play it as some short of pseudotank, not sure if using polearms to stay a bit far from damage or right on the frontline with a shield with my fellow shieldbros.

1427146963729.jpg

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Chanter. I liked the lore and it was the only one that had an evident A for Awesome (Invocation) button. Thanks Fru.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom