Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WH40k Dawn Of War 1.5 Beta Changelog

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Game -> Patch ]</strong>

<p><a title="Relic" target="_self" href="http://www.relic.com/">Relic</a> is planning some big changes for the 1.5 version of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War. Actually, most of the changes are small but there's a ton of them. The full changelog is way too long to print here so I'll just show the Eldar changes.</p><ul><li>Made the following changes to Rangers:<ul><li>Rangers now have a squad cap limit of 1</li><li>Rangers now start with 5 squad members</li><li>Ranger build cost and reinforce cost has been reduced to 40 Requisition</li><li>Ranger Long Rifle now scales more dramatically with upgrades</li></ul></li><li>Banshee Morale Armor reduced to be in line with other units</li><li>The Vyper Missile Launcher now has a knockdown effect that can be used to disrupt enemy infantry</li><li>The Missile launcher is now the Vyper's default weapon.</li><li>Reapers
<ul><li>Accuracy penalty while moving increased</li><li>Reduced hit points from 400 to 360</li></ul></li><li>Increased the accuracy of the Eldar LP 2 Brightlance from 0.7 to 1.0</li><li>The Falcon Grav Tank Starcannon now does more damage to light infantry</li><li>Fire Prism support cap increased from 3 to 4</li><li>Reduced Psychic Storm damage to:
<ul><li>Infantry Medium: 90 to 75</li><li>Commander: 100 to 80</li></ul></li><li>Reduced Wraithlord Brightlance damage by 25% against vehicles and buildings.</li></ul>I intentionally didn't post the Orks section because all that "Shoota Boyz" crap is annoying. Read the full changelog <a title="changelog" target="_self" href="http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=90483">here</a>.
<p> </p>

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Was Dawn of War any good to begin with? I never played it, though I know some people 'round these parts enjoyed it.

Ryuken

Liturgist
Sucky campaign but enjoyable skirmish/multiplayer. Try out the demo first I would say, but it's hard not to love all those races and the "squadfactory"-gameplay.

Hopefully they removed that Ati-slowdown bug. It ain't easy to alway reconvert back to Catalyst 5.6 if you want to play without sluggish framerate.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I thought it was one of the best RTS games made in years. It features squad based combat, emphasis on combat over base building, and just well done combat animations. There is a demo, why don't you download it and try that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom