Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wesp's patch 7.7 beta is out.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yes, a beta patch :?

• http://forum.dlh.net/thread.php?threadid=36017

v7.7 18.08.2011
    ----
    +Fixed Hatter staying unapproachable and a very rare crash at Zhao's.
    +Made Vandal quest available later and added an XP for alternatives.
    +Changed Zhao bonus XP point condition so you need to kill all Tongs.
    +Improved warehouse forklift sequence and added observatory railing.
    Corrected placing nonexistent theatre camera and minor text details.
    Fixed clinic guard not dropping key if killed by seductive feeding.
    Restored dialogue history definition and made camera keys definable.
    Made Isaac gift money on basic issue and reset endgame haven state.
    Added ENB series mod to Extras directory, thanks to Boris Vorontsov.
    Modified installer so it can automatically run ResPatch at the end.
    Updated Extras weapons to switch depending on view using plus stats.
    Fixed sliding chute down and elevator call issues in Venture Tower.
    Corrected wrong material settings of Pisha's hair, thanks to PsyCHo.
    Added Python 2.7.2 update to Extras directory, thanks ColonelAlias.
    Changed installer so it will only update 1.2 vampire.dll for retail.
    Made Phil/Bill fix trigger only if Phil is dead, which removes him.

HDR, light bloom, depth of field, and motion blur. HEAVANZ!

We even had a thread about it last year here on the Codex. Lots of comparison screenshots over there. Shield your eyes:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1085239

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't remember ignoring Konjad.

Though, it is probably a good idea.

pipka

Savant
Still?
:what:

I bet creepy malkavian female model at first meeting with Lily is still unfixed.

Watch this man, Drog. Watch and learn.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
But it is. Since 7.5 i think.

What is not fixed is animations on the Tourette sequence, and the pc picking up phones and the pc moving to a waypoint in a animation (before the werewolf and freeing Carson),

SCO said:
What is not fixed is

There...there's more? H-how? As soon as I finish downloading one, a new version pops up! IT NEVER ENDS

killingjoker.jpg

...but seriously, should I bother with waiting for 8.0?

Gord

Arcane
Last time I tried ENB series it didn't work for me, for some reason I got a strange tribal in one of the corners.
However it was probably due to using Clan Quest Mod. Decided the graphical improvements were anyway not significant enough to justify extended troubleshooting.

Still, making it work with Wesps patch out of the box seems pretty :incline: to me.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'll wait for Wesp to die. Hopefully that's when he'll stop patching and I can start playing.

Basically what I'm saying is somebody has to hire a lithuanian hitman to kill Wesp for me.

curry

Arcane
Someone should tell that faggot Wesp to let it go already. He's no longer patching the game, now he's just fucking it up.

Gord

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
I'll wait for Wesp to die. Hopefully that's when he'll stop patching and I can start playing.

Basically what I'm saying is somebody has to hire a lithuanian hitman to kill Wesp for me.

Or you could just play it now?
It's not that the changes are that big nowadays that you would miss much from playing now instead of waiting for the next version.

Also, if the changes would be major it would anyway warant a new playthrough...

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Gord said:
Andyman Messiah said:

Or you could just play it now?
It's not that the changes are that big nowadays that you would miss much from playing now instead of waiting for the next version.

Also, if the changes would be major it would anyway warant a new playthrough...
(I'm actually not interested in playing Bloodlines again. I'm just making a joke about how he still manages to find (or rather make up) shit to patch and how the game is always going to be 'unfinished' in a sense. The only patch I recommend is the official one.)

Gord

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
(I'm actually not interested in playing Bloodlines again. I'm just making a joke about how he still manages to find (or rather make up) shit to patch and how the game is always going to be 'unfinished' in a sense. The only patch I recommend is the official one.)

I should obviously put some more points into PERception...

Should have taken Four Eyes at character creation, maybe.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Gord said:
Andyman Messiah said:

I should obviously put some more points into PERception...

Should have taken Four Eyes at character creation, maybe.

It's all Wild Wasteland. Majestic Horse, remember?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I have nothing against the russian coder bro who merely used his technical expertise to create a tool but so far the results have been...unpleasing

that icehancer thing for GTAIV is based on enb, right? That's the only one I think comes out on top over vanilla

amusingly enough anyone can see raw data on how the ENBised images konjad provided have been mangled by looking at their histogram through the levels tool

compared to the original the ENB images threw out most of their midtone and highlighting fine detail in favor of just popping everything out like moles through contrast glare and color saturation

Misterhamper

Scholar
sgc_meltdown said:
I have nothing against the russian coder bro who merely used his technical expertise to create a tool but so far the results have been...unpleasing

that icehancer thing for GTAIV is based on enb, right? That's the only one I think comes out on top over vanilla

amusingly enough anyone can see raw data on how the ENBised images konjad provided have been mangled by looking at their histogram through the levels tool

compared to the original the ENB images threw out most of their midtone and highlighting fine detail in favor of just popping everything out like moles through contrast glare and color saturation

You do realise you can tweak everything you want with enb right? Even make it look like you want (if you aren't so retarded that you think "hurr durr nottin can evar improve developers own visin of gaem")

San Andreas with ENB looks totally awesome.... if it is configured right. If you just take the standard esb setting, it looks like shit.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Let me rephrase it for you:

1) Very often I don't see good examples of ENB improving graphics. However that icehancer thing (if it's ENB) shows it can be used well.

2) Konjad's examples of good ENB usage are shit and photoshop says so too.

Seriously bro I would like to see SA prettied up if you can get fraps some screenshots and stuff

I've been thinking of playing it since my brief playthrough of gay tony left me cold (nice dialog though).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
True, I'm 100% dumb with configuring ENB because I'm not sure which settings are appropriate for each game. The best I've done is turn up the color saturation for Darksiders because it's a brown piece of shit otherwise.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Clockwork Knight said:
SCO said:
What is not fixed is

There...there's more? H-how? As soon as I finish downloading one, a new version pops up! IT NEVER ENDS

killingjoker.jpg

...but seriously, should I bother with waiting for 8.0?

No. It's not fixed for a reason: no one knows how.

You may want to wait for the new clan quest though.

Misterhamper

Scholar
qTtuO.jpg

Not my game, since I do not have it installed atm. But this one looks pretty damn fine. Full shadows, reflections, bloom, ssao etc

I myself used an "San Andreas for GRID" or something, and copy-pasted the settings (and tweaked them slightly) into an Resident Evil 4 enbseries, since they have zero performance loss. Can't remember exactly.

What most people here seem to forget, just so they can rage, is that enb is fully customizable. The amount of bloom, reflections etc etc. If you just use the standard setting, ofcourse it will look like shit. And maybe that up there looks like shit to you too, but it can easily be tuned down etc. The wonders of PC gaming

Another game that really benefits from ENB is Fallout's imo. SSAO and better black makes a huge difference since there is no shadows in those games. SSAO can be done from nVidia inspector now, withvery little performance loss though.

Turjan

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
2) Konjad's examples of good ENB usage are shit and photoshop says so too.
My eyes say so, too. I did not see a single screenshot where the ENB version did not look worse than the original. The ENB shots look as if the textures got psoriasis.

MCA
That kind of thing is hard to judge from screenshots. Either a HD video or playing the game with it to see for yourself is the only sensible thing, really.

Clockwork Knight said:

Why is there cum dripping from his face and hands?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Obsession.

I wonder if he's more obsessed with the game or all the attention he gets on the internet.

In my case, it was probably both. But during that period I pretty much never went outside. I needed to fill that void somehow.

But eventually, there was no point to it anymore. You can't play the same game for years. Once every quest, every item, every NPC's name are all in your head, the game is no longer any fun. Heh, one of the UAP testers joked that I could play Arcanum in my head.

I seriously don't get what is it that makes Wesp keep going.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom