Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood - action-RPG adaptation from Cyanide

lycanwarrior

Scholar
So this game is crap?.

Yeah, it's mostly just an average game. Nothing too special, but playable with no game breaking bugs so far.

The low budget feel of the game is really obvious not only in terms of graphics but also character animations, level design, voice acting and so on.

J1M

Arcane
So this game is crap?.

Yeah, it's mostly just an average game. Nothing too special, but playable with no game breaking bugs so far.

The low budget feel of the game is really obvious not only in terms of graphics but also character animations, level design, voice acting and so on.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood feels like a game that was greenlit right after Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was released and recently found in a time capsule from 2005. If we were talking about video cards that would be a problem, but most people that frequent this site enjoy older video games.

Call it AA or low budget if you want but I enjoyed my time with the game. It might help that I viewed it as a stealth game with mild exploration elements and a werewolf combat minigame that you engage with to recover from failing at stealth.

Gaia and the wolf spirit stuff is certainly less interesting than the intrigue in some of the other books, but I wouldn't mind seeing more AA products set in the World of Darkness.

Codex Year of the Donut
So this game is crap?.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood feels like a game that was greenlit right after Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was released and recently found in a time capsule from 2005. If we were talking about video cards that would be a problem, but most people that frequent this site enjoy older video games.

Call it AA or low budget if you want but I enjoyed my time with the game. It might help that I viewed it as a stealth game with mild exploration elements and a werewolf combat minigame that you engage with to recover from failing at stealth.

Gaia and the wolf spirit stuff is certainly less interesting than the intrigue in some of the other books, but I wouldn't mind seeing more AA products set in the World of Darkness.
Funny, I viewed the stealth as just a small detour to my werewolf brawler game.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
So this game is crap?.

Certainly hope we get another Werewolf game, although that is probably being too optimistic at this point...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So this game is crap?.

The problem is that stealth is extremely simplistic. Heck, the AI is even programmed to turn its back to you.

Ninjerk

Arcane
So this game is crap?.

Almost sounds like you guys are talking about Deus Ex.

Caim

Arcane
So this game is crap?.

Almost sounds like you guys are talking about Deus Ex.
"He was a good dog." *awoo* "What a rotten way to die."

Smerlus

Educated
I started this year going through a bunch of games. Beat Cyberpunk, a handful of point and click adventures, some puzzle games, walking Sims and shooters.

Then I played the tutorial level of this game, exited out afterwards and haven't had the urge to play a game since.

This game gave me an existential crisis.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Even its Steam page is honest about it by showing the most boring-looking, what's-going-on-here feature screenshots there.

ss_ce66348fb4c9783d24a60aa475e8a5972eb0cd1d.600x338.jpg
ss_bcbcc82a39ca4ae9d553868fb3d4e95740033735.600x338.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, this button mashing garbage isn't even released yet? I thought I saw a long gameplay video about 6 months ago. What could they possibly be doing to make this good?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait, this button mashing garbage isn't even released yet? I thought I saw a long gameplay video about 6 months ago. What could they possibly be doing to make this good?
Sweeney paid the development costs to make it Epic Exclusive. That one-year exclusivity ends early next year.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Honestly 70% is more than the game deverses - a 55/60 out 100 would be a fair assessment

I am fairly certain at this point that Cyanide just did this for the cash
Through 80% of the game I could feel the lack of exciment and how "safe" the dev team was with this project

They didn't even encrypt their game files, so anyone can download this program - https://www.gildor.org/ - and straight up rip any of the game's assets

J1M

Arcane
You are acting like that's a sign of amateur hour, but it only shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

Why would you encrypt your game files when that would drastically increase loading times, make streaming from disk more difficult, and lower performance?

A link to my mostly positive review earlier in the thread, for the Steam-locked:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/werewolf-the-apocalypse-–-earthblood-action-rpg-adaptation-from-cyanide.113157/page-27#post-7178701

The game is from a time capsule:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...tion-from-cyanide.113157/page-29#post-7191550

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Why would you encrypt your game files when that would drastically increase loading times, make streaming from disk more difficult, and lower performance?

In both Brawlers and Figthing games, the encryption of game assets (animations specially) are rather common practice
Don't be fooled by that site's compatibility table, as it has alot of games that say you can acess things (Skeletons, Textures, Animations, Static Meshes) but when you try to actually open/modify these files you are barred by encryption

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom