Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Weekend RPG Sale on GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: GOG

This weekend GOG.com offers a bunch of RPGs for 60% off. That includes Wizardry 6-8, System Shock 2, Arcanum, Grimrock, the Gothic and the Divinity series, Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption, Two Worlds I & II, Driftmoon, Eschalon I & II and Septerra Core.

Get Legend of Grimrock, Wizardry 6+7 and 8, System Shock 2, Arcanum, and many other brilliant RPGs 60% off!

There's no other gaming genre like role-playing to keep you entertained during the long, rainy September days. By the click of a button you can transfer yourself far away from the mundane world filled with dark clouds, mud, and people coughing on you in the streets. Fall can be a marvelous season, sure, but without the Sun, it's pretty horrid. We want to offer you a way out, that's why we've prepared a September RPG Special, an offer that lets you pick a new RPG obsession 60% off. Let's take a look at the goods, shall we?​

Browse the games here. The offer ends in 3 days 15 hours from the time I'm writing this.

This news brought to you by Taluntain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm kind of looking to (re-)purchase Vampire Bloodlines somewhere. Too bad it's the other (silly) vampire game on sale.

belated

Augur
Lots of good stuff, but the few I don't have on GOG I have elsewhere.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The only one I don't have is Eschalon Book I - not sure if it's worth buying at all.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is Driftmoon and Septerra Core any good? I'll probably pick up Grimrock, the Wizardry games and Eschalon, but I have the rest.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
The only one I don't have is Eschalon Book I - not sure if it's worth buying at all.

Did you like Book II? Book I is very similar. Personally, I really like the Eschalon games, but there are a lot of people on the Codex who can't stand them, so YMMV. There are demos on the official site, if you want to try before you buy. :)

Is Driftmoon and Septerra Core any good? I'll probably pick up Grimrock, the Wizardry games and Eschalon, but I have the rest.

Driftmoon is clunky but charming with a somewhat child-like light-hearted tone. I tried the demo and I personally liked it enough to think the game might be worth $6.
Codex review: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8817

I haven't played Septerra Core, but the Kodex Konsensus™ seems to be that it's pretty much a western JRPG and not worth the time.

Mortmal

Arcane

If you are part of "the anything is better than nothing" crowd , then you will enjoy it . To be fair this game fetched some elements from the classic rpgs but without understanding what made all those games really great.Graphically its fine but It has a poor plot without surprises, like the encounters , slow exploration pace and a turn based diablo style of combat. devoid of any strategic elements.
You will probably find it in some humble bundle one day, its probably worth throwing 1$ , depends on the other games in the bundle.Not so long ago you could get most of vogels games for 1$ .

Severian Silk

I pre-ordered Underrail but don't like the weapon degradation so I worry I will regret the decision. A tutorial level would be nice too. Luckily $15 is not a big deal.

KotC seems like a TB lover's wet dream - except I don't know the D&D rules so there's no point playing it given the game's difficulty if you don't fully optimize your character. I wasn't able to get very far in the demo.

Eschalon has crappy arrowkey-arrowkey-arrowkey roguelike combat and nobody has really praised its story so it seems like a waste of time to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

bussinrounds

Augur
KotC seems like a TB lover's wet dream - except I don't know the D&D rules so there's no point playing it given the game's difficulty if you don't fully optimize your character. I wasn't able to get very far in the demo.
This doesn't sound like a codexer from 03'

People bitch way too much about Gothic 3, particularly with regard to animals. So you expect to be able to block and fight fucking animals with weapons chiefly designed to fight and kill other humanoids with weapons? LOL WTF, would love to see you try that IRL. It's not the best implementation but hunting skills are there for a reason so stop being a baby and use them and don't go ramboing up against animals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom