Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We update you. Is nice!

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The site said:
Look for a new article at RPG Watch on Monday: 7 AoD environments in 22 new screens.

Talk about using the hype machine to the fullest extent. :D

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just realized I've been kinda expecting the game to be released within the next few months for over half a year now.

That's some serious polishing.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What did you expect? Polishing means going over every fucking aspect, discussing it, tweaking, replacing, or changing it completely if necessary. It's a long and painful process, but something that needs to be done. Anyway, you can judge our progress by what we show.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fuck you claw.

If it's going to my whims, AoD won't be out for 3 years. Polish, polish, polish, rewrite/edit, improve, everything. There's no hurry.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
i think u should change engines it needs polishing

oh yea, plz make a new story because its not gud enough

n change ur seting while ur at it cause it can be beter lol

Anyhow, I'm glad money doesn't seem to be a concern, but putting all those efforts and time (i.e. money) will probably make the profits quite thin in the end (at least that's my logical conclusion). It's quite the gallant effort for the glorious RPG elitists front, but from a business point of view it fails. That means we'll get something polished, yes, but probably nothing else after that, so you can wonder if it's that much of a good idea, especially when 'polishing' means changing colors on textures for weeks because some asshole thinks shit rape fuck motherfucker.

Maybe you really are a canadian playboy bigshot and that the money isn't a concern, if that's so, then feel free to debunk my conclusion and continue posting screenshots of material that is already more than perfectly fine but will ask you to rework it to the point of debilitating disgust and the game will never be released. Thank you

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Serious_Business said:
Anyhow, I'm glad money doesn't seem to be a concern, but putting all those efforts and time (i.e. money) will probably make the profits quite thin in the end (at least that's my logical conclusion).
I'd say that such thinking is what crippled games like ToEE, Gothic 3, NWN2, KOTOR2, etc. "Time is money, so let's release the game when it's playable to maximize the profit". To be clear, I'm referring to publishers here, not developers.

It's quite the gallant effort for the glorious RPG elitists front, but from a business point of view it fails.
Tell that to Blizzard.

That means we'll get something polished, yes, but probably nothing else after that...
If nobody buys the game, sure. Delivering a better game increases our chances to generate decent sales.

...especially when 'polishing' means changing colors on textures for weeks...
That's part of what we do, but not all. We have 5 people on the team. Each tweaks his own area: models, texture, animation, code, quests, etc.

... and the game will never be released. Thank you
It will be released. And you're welcome.

sheek

Arbiter
Jasede said:
AoD won't be out for 3 years. Polish, polish, polish, rewrite/edit, improve, everything.
Yeah, those damn Poles delaying our game... fuck em.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom