Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We are the Plague - turn-based tactical game where you serve the Plague and fight against humanity

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

No, not about the Plague in the U.S..

From the Polish developer/publisher Forever Entertainment:

ss_96a5c15d3cf08a4599e82b8f230da78a71be56c1.jpg
Dmfwn8RW4AAHZnq.jpg

Plague_Head_(616px).gif

"I am the voice of the Plague, not your silly imagination. I am the only thing, that can save you from a long and painful process that inevitably leads to, let’s say, dead for good. Without any chance to come back."

The_Plague_spreads.png

The Plague is generous and bountiful. It will give you tools, it will give you a weapon. You will be changed, transformed into something else. Just submit...

You have chosen to serve the Plague. Driven by hatred traverse the scorched and devastated lands in search of a revenge. Be the part of a legion, devouring cities and all living creatures, play against humanity to achieve your own goal.

Creatures you meet during your journey are a living proof of an inevitable change the Plague will bring upon the Earth. Crooked, in constant pain, blind followers. Your body and mind turn too. You are a part of a disease, your bones grow into a weapon, mysterious objects give you a strange power....

...And there's this voice in your head
baner_steam2.png

JOIN THE PLAGUE
  • Single player story mode
  • Original, hand-drawn 2D graphics
  • Tactical, turn-based fighting system
  • RPG elements with character customization
  • Dedicated, ambient soundtrack

baner_steam_zamkniecie.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nurgle cultist simulator that couldn't get the Warhammer license?

(Maybe learning to pronounce the word "plague" would have helped)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They changed the title from Plague in us to We are the Plague:

We are the Plague BETA KEYS!!

fe43a269cfb5b62bc70b64a856329adb891d4b63.jpg

We'd love to hear your professional opinion about our game - so if you are an influencer, Steam curator, twitcher or youtuber we've got a treat for you! Mail pr@forever-entertainment.com from your official account for a chance to get a Stem key for "We are the Plague" prologue before anyone else!

Black Angel

Arcane
Thanks man, just tried the demo.

It runs flawlessly so far, only the intro cinematic is fucked but that one's on my rig since the exact same happened to ATOM RPG's intro cinematic.

As for the gameplay, my first impression upon seeing the aesthetics is that this is like Darkest Dungeon, and sure enough every time a character do an attack action the camera switched to 2D side perspective like the one in DD. I feel like this is dumb and they should get rid of it and just let actions happens in default perspective (top-down birds-eye view). I've only known Darkest Dungeons from watching some videos, but the gameplay features like abilities does seemed the exact same as DD. There's also an equipment system, where armor are tattoos you can find and weapons seemed to be runes but I haven't find any since I just died to 5th encounter with 2nd ranged enemy.

The writing is fine for me so far, but for those who're sick of it might want to ignore the writing since it has pop-culture references. I found like 3 in just 20 minutes of playing the demo.

V_K

Arcane
I must be very pop-culture ignorant because I haven't noticed any.
It's also nothing like Darkest Dungeon because a) it's not a roguelike, all the maps are human-designed and seem quite pretty so far, if not terribly interactive; b) combat has movement/positioning.
Agree on the side view, I think it should maybe only be kept for critical hits. Or maybe togglable.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
(Maybe learning to pronounce the word "plague" would have helped)

Gotta say that triggered me so hard when watching the trailer.

And yeah that constant switch to side view with every attack looks jarring and awful, but I guess if you have the "dark, gothic, cartoony" graphics you gotta find some way to sell it as a DD'like...

Black Angel

Arcane
I must be very pop-culture ignorant because I haven't noticed any.
The one that stuck with me the most is "I have no mouth and I must scream" reference upon finding that first ally unit in the next room. I remember there being some more, but I forgot.

It's also nothing like Darkest Dungeon because a) it's not a roguelike, all the maps are human-designed and seem quite pretty so far, if not terribly interactive; b) combat has movement/positioning.
I was speaking more in terms of aesthetics and presentation, not gameplay mechanics and level designs.

RickOmbo

Learned
Another rpg about great evil, but now a player is a part of it, what a twist.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom