Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

wat

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Aleksander Wat was the pen name of Aleksander Chwat (1 May 1900 – 29 July 1967), a Polish poet, writer, art theoretician, memorist, and one of the precursors of the Polish futurism movement in the early 1920s, considered to be one of the more important Polish writers of the mid 20th century. In 1959, he emigrated to France and in 1963 relocated to the United States, where he worked at the Center for Slavic and East European Studies of the University of California, Berkeley.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
tumblr_mwsfdrCZlz1t3rhnyo1_400.gifv

Don Peste

Arcane
RPGCodex's body was found. But neither our gang nor their gang got the credit. In the end we decided that an anonymous phone-call was the best thing to do. We headed home. And although many thoughts raced through our minds we barely spoke. We walked through the night and made it back to RPGWatch a little past five o'clock on Sunday morning, the day before Labor Day. We'd only been gone two days. But somehow the forum seemed different. Smaller.
As time went on we saw less and less of DU and Twiglard until eventually they became just two more faces in the halls. That happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant. I heard that DU got married out of High-school, had four kids and is now the forklift operator at the Arsenal Lumberyard. Twiglard tried several times to get into the Army but his eyes and his ear kept him out. The last I heard, he'd spent some time in jail. He was now doing odd jobs around RPGWatch.
Infinitron did get out. He enrolled in the College-courses with me. And although it was hard he gutted it out like he always did. He went on to College and eventually became a lawyer. Last week he entered a fast food restaurant. Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument. One of them pulled a knife. Infi who would always make the best peace tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat. He died almost instantly. Although I haven't seen him in more than ten years I know I'll miss him forever. I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anybody?

Monk

Arcane
RPGCodex's body was found. But neither our gang nor their gang got the credit. In the end we decided that an anonymous phone-call was the best thing to do. We headed home. And although many thoughts raced through our minds we barely spoke. We walked through the night and made it back to RPGWatch a little past five o'clock on Sunday morning, the day before Labor Day. We'd only been gone two days. But somehow the forum seemed different. Smaller.
As time went on we saw less and less of DU and Twiglard until eventually they became just two more faces in the halls. That happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant. I heard that DU got married out of High-school, had four kids and is now the forklift operator at the Arsenal Lumberyard. Twiglard tried several times to get into the Army but his eyes and his ear kept him out. The last I heard, he'd spent some time in jail. He was now doing odd jobs around RPGWatch.
Infinitron did get out. He enrolled in the College-courses with me. And although it was hard he gutted it out like he always did. He went on to College and eventually became a lawyer. Last week he entered a fast food restaurant. Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument. One of them pulled a knife. Infi who would always make the best peace tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat. He died almost instantly. Although I haven't seen him in more than ten years I know I'll miss him forever. I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anybody?

Reminds me of Stand by Me.

yellowcake

Arcane
Aleksander Wat was the pen name of Aleksander Chwat (1 May 1900 – 29 July 1967), a Polish poet, writer, art theoretician, memorist, and one of the precursors of the Polish futurism movement in the early 1920s, considered to be one of the more important Polish writers of the mid 20th century. In 1959, he emigrated to France and in 1963 relocated to the United States, where he worked at the Center for Slavic and East European Studies of the University of California, Berkeley.

His translation of Brothers Karamazow is indeed excellent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom