Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
going to be honest, most of the premade characters seem awful. I hope the rest of the game is better.
The father/daughter one seems to be very wholesome and I'll probably end up picking it. :M

Hmmm premades. Do they actually have unique dialogue/content or are they just for people too lazy to build characters?

Takamori

Learned
Going be the autistic self insert retard and add me and my friends as the rangers. Hope the customization is better where I don't have go through the save .xml using notepad ++ in order to add decent uniforms to the squad.

Doktor Best

Arcane
going to be honest, most of the premade characters seem awful. I hope the rest of the game is better.
The father/daughter one seems to be very wholesome and I'll probably end up picking it. :M

Hmmm premades. Do they actually have unique dialogue/content or are they just for people too lazy to build characters?

Banter seems to be pretty sparse from what the reviews tell. Which can also be a blessing though.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I wonder how much you miss if you make a custom character instead of picking a pre-made one.

I'm fine with pre-made companions but I'd rather have some sort of personality traits/backrounds that you can insert into your character which changes your character interactions, how the world reacts to you or how you progress through the game than having to pick from a list of pre-made characters to obtain that kind of reactivity. I haven't been following this game's development too closely though, so maybe they have that in the game and I'm not aware.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Instead of the ubiquitous and obnoxious voice acting they should have opted for the minimalist Nintendo approach:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So, has inXile got woke yet?

Not according to GamesRadar which has deemed some of the content 'problematic'. :roll:

Every time I hear a middle class flabby millennial neckbeard white boy or blue danger haired landwhale use that word I want to punch them in the throat. It is the calling card of the perpetually offended retard.

Old One

Arcane
So, has inXile got woke yet?

Not according to GamesRadar which has deemed some of the content 'problematic'. :roll:

Every time I hear a middle class flabby millennial neckbeard white boy or blue danger haired landwhale use that word I want to punch them in the throat. It is the calling card of the perpetually offended retard.

Every cult has its own jargon.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
rflNExf.png

1qIOV5b.png

qioUXHH.png

vWqQGSr.png

Brian Fargo: Believing His Lies Since 1985

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
To hell with innovation as long as it's good.

I read the Wasteland 3 novellas.

Ironclad: How the Scar Collectors got their new leader, an edgelord with delusions of grandeur. Reads like an edgy teenager wrote it.

Legend: How a double-dealing narcissist came to power in Colorado. This book provides a lot of evidence as to why you shouldn't side with the Patriarch.

No Way Home: How Angela Deth made it back to Arizona and why she immediately set off to Colorado. This one ended up being my favorite, though it establishes a Wasteland 2 canon so you may seethe if its choices don't align with yours.

Takamori

Learned
To hell with innovation as long as it's good.

I read the Wasteland 3 novellas.

Ironclad: How the Scar Collectors got their new leader, an edgelord with delusions of grandeur. Reads like an edgy teenager wrote it.

Legend: How a double-dealing narcissist came to power in Colorado. This book provides a lot of evidence as to why you shouldn't side with the Patriarch.

No Way Home: How Angela Deth made it back to Arizona and why she immediately set off to Colorado. This one ended up being my favorite, though it establishes a Wasteland 2 canon so you may seethe if its choices don't align with yours.

Sorry for being lazy and asking for lore stuff after finishing W2, what is the canon ending? In my case I saved Snake and sent some random no name schmuck to press the button in the nuke.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sorry for being lazy and asking for lore stuff after finishing W2, what is the canon ending? In my case I saved Snake and sent some random no name schmuck to press the button in the nuke.
Vargas sacrificed himself, they saved the Ag Center over Highpool, Rose died during the Cochise takeover, the Rail Nomads brokered a peace, peace came to Hollywood and the Church as well as Rodia, Ralphy's father died, the rangers brokered a peace with Danforth and the RSM but it was all part of plan to backstab them on Daforth's part and he's finally killed in the story

Takamori

Learned
Vargas sacrificed himself, they saved the Ag Center over Highpool, Rose died during the Cochise takeover, the Rail Nomads brokered a peace, peace came to Hollywood and the Church as well as Rodia, Ralphy's father died, the rangers brokered a peace with Danforth and the RSM but it was all part of plan to backstab them on Daforth's part and he's finally killed in the story

Oh damn, I dismissed Rose and Lexcanium in my final battle to avoid Cochise, doing that shit on supreme jerk with 5 guys was pure hell. Danforth was kinda expecting that sadly, even if I wished for happy ending. As for Snake sacrificing himself I understand the cinematic reason but for logical standpoint, having the guy that have the know how to control the Desert Rangers go boom if you had other options is a bit retarded but nothing that would make me seethe. Thanks for the answer

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I love this kind of reviews

I'm 55 hours in and it feels halfway through

They don't even beat the whole game, but they feel like they can write a review for it.

journalism.

They have deadlines and likely other stories to work on. Fifty-five hours seems like a good enough amount of time to get a feel for the game and write whether it's worth buying and playing.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
They have deadlines and likely other stories to work on. Fifty-five hours seems like a good enough amount of time to get a feel for the game and write whether it's worth buying and playing.

But what if the latter half of the game shit the bed hard? For completionist like me, it's important to knows from a review whether the quality of a game remains consistent throughout the entire game or not before buying that game.

Skdursh

Savant
I totally forgot that this was coming out. Can't say I'm exactly hyped because it really wasn't even on my radar until now, but after reading a comment above talking about how some game reviewer is finding it "problematic" it might have to be a day 1 buy from me. "Problematic" is a dog-whistle for incline.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hoping for a day1 performance patch, seeing as alot of the criticism is bad framerates and loading times, not too shabby if thats the biggest complaints as they are fixable over time.

Purposely stayed clear of story spoilers. Bretty hyped.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wasn't expecting much from this, but I'm starting to have some cautious optimism that it might be, to borrow an old Codex saying, "good for what it is".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom