Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
original.gif

FIRST 48 HOURS ONLY: All backers of Wasteland 3 ($20 or more) will receive a FREE copy of either the old-school turn-based post-apocalyptic cRPG UnderRail or the point-and-click horror adventure game STASIS. Steam Keys will be distributed after the Wasteland 3 campaign has concluded.

Styg, you sly devil!

Doma

Augur
LOL, the video is pretty funny :D Almost charming me into backing it.... (damn it)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got an email:

Hello Exile,

The day is here! Wasteland 3's crowdfunding campaign on Fig is live now for rewards-based backing. You can check out our pitch video, screenshots, extended information about the game, and more! As we head towards funding and beyond, we'll be releasing new updates to reveal more exciting details about Wasteland 3!

As a sincere "thank you" for backing one of our previous titles, we'd like to offer you an exclusive $5 Superbacker Discount towards any rewards-based pledge at the Digital Copy level or above. We truly appreciate you supporting us, helping us stay independent, and allowing us to create the games we love.

To use your discount, click the button below (or the URL underneath if you don't see the button).

1. After clicking above and signing into Fig, choose the Digital Copy reward or higher.
  2. On the next screen you should see the "Superbacker Discount" extra. Make sure it's selected.
  3. Click "Finish Pledge" to proceed to checkout.
If you make a mistake, or pledge before you have used your Superbacker Discount, never fear, you can use the "Edit Pledge" button on Fig to manually add the Superbacker Discount. If you run into any issues, please contact help@fig.co for assistance.

And that's all! Thanks once again for supporting us, and please join us as we take another step in our journey to create amazing role playing games that you’ll enjoy for years to come.

Best regards,
inXile Entertainment

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Another big change this time around will be the addition of vehicles. Your ranger will use your vehicle for travel, storing essential goods, exploration, and survival. Gear up your vehicle well enough, and you’ll be able to use it for movable cover in combat, or – if you’ve installed a turret – deal with fools crazy enough to tangle with the Desert Rangers.
Meh.

Athelas

Arcane
I just watched the pitch and I have to admit I was wrong in making the assumptions about Fargo and InXile that I did.

They actually managed to write a character even more cringe-worthy and unfunny than The Kid from the WL2/T:TON/BT4 pitch videos.

a revamped, more fluid action system
2 AP system from nu-XCOM confirmed. :M

Last edited:

Chunkyman

Augur
Wasteland 2 was so shitty I'm not sure if I'm going to bother going to far with Torment (I might try the new Bard's Tale but that's mostly curiosity over if they get the combat right).

Definitely not backing this.

Renevent

Cipher
So the distribution pie graph shows Fig get's 40% of the dough...how does that work? Kickstarter I think is 5% or something so that seems insanely more expensive. Or is that 40% the pre-allocated amount for investors? Anyone know the deal here?

On a side note the expected delivery shows Q4 2019. While it's nice they gave a realistic completion date, I don't know if I'll even be playing video games 3 years from now. Think I'll just sit this one out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
So the distribution pie graph shows Fig get's 40% of the dough...how does that work?

You have it backwards. Fig (ie, this campaign) provides 40% of the dough. This isn't the game's entire budget.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom