Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun tearing them a new asshole next week.

Mustawd

they weren't just cosplaying for shits and giggles.

Well, some people DO like doing it just for the lulz....

wwii_german_army_uniform_2_by_firstking37-d64a8zt.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Co-op is the future of classic RPGs. Adapt or perish.

In next years, every cRPG will have:
  • Co-op
  • Romances
  • FPS engine

RIP cRPGs!

RIP ONCE AND FOR ALL GROGNARDS!

LONG LIVE THE POPAMOLES WITHOUT TASTE!

LONG LIVE THE CORRUPT STUDIOS!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

DeepOcean

Arcane
I guess they are ressurecting the idea of competitive parties for Van Buren that Avellone had, it isn't a bad idea on itself and I don't want to go hurr durr, multiplayer bad, hurr durr, yet, maybe it is awful in the end maybe it is not, I just hope they don't make multiplayer the focus and single player as only an after tought, this is one of my fears, you having to go multiplayer to experience content or alot of exclusive multiplayer content to the point of you feeling you are playing a gimped version of the game if you are playing single player .

You know, you guys remember when developers decided to bring multiplayer in a big time to FPS games right? You know, we totally have a huge number of FPS games that aren't 99% multiplayer nowdays, right?

Another issue I have with this is what I already feared with the announcement of Torment for PS 4, as Fargo feels more and more confortable with a bigger and bigger audience including alot of console peasants, he will feel more and more confortable of getting rid of any pretence of appealing to codexian interests. It is obvious he is trying to appeal to the XCOM 2 crowd and bring the casual RPG player graphix whore player, I just fear the consequences of this, not that Wasteland 2 is a great thing to miss anyway but you can hit the bottom of the well and just enter on another dimention and keep falling lower and lower as so many popamole companies shown us.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I seriously hope it fails to get funded. I know they will make the game anyway but at least Fargo would be publicly embarrassed.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
personally wouldnt mind if the combat was like xcom 2 (since it was solid) and the rest was similar to torment or heck, even D:OS. They already stated in the announce interviews, that SP would be the prime focus and multiplayer second, but let's see how that holds up

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I seriously hope it fails to get funded. I know they will make the game anyway but at least Fargo would be publicly embarrassed.

I can't even feel Schadenfreude over this any more. InXile have drifted so far away from what they initially promised it's we're no longer even talking the same language.

Hegel

Arcane
personally wouldnt mind if the combat was like xcom 2 (since it was solid) and the rest was similar to torment or heck, even D:OS. They already stated in the announce interviews, that SP would be the prime focus and multiplayer second, but let's see how that holds up
Oh, hi Brian.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
In next years, every cRPG will have:
  • Co-op
  • Romances
  • FPS engine
RIP cRPGs!

RIP ONCE AND FOR ALL GROGNARDS!

LONG LIVE THE POPAMOLES WITHOUT TASTE!

LONG LIVE THE CORRUPT STUDIOS!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

Shouldn't be a shocking turn of events to anyone who has watched this shit evolve and devolve more than the past few years.

Freddie

Savant
It's difficult not to get a bit excited about this.

I really hope they know how to make multiplayer mode work so that it doesn't take lot of resources from developing. I don't know if features like face cam in dialogue and 'action camera' in combat mean lot to me, but I guess it's easier to sell with those features.

In other hand, setting it in Colorado might give chance to try something new with environment in addition to radioactivity. Water can't be a problem where there is snow, but maybe they can came up with something new using cold. Clothing? Perhaps firewood or something could be required on longer treks., hmm...

Mustawd

Have any of inXile's games been multiplayeR??

EDIT: Hunted: The Demon's Forge was co op

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Also Line Rider 2: Unbound and their cancelled Payday-style game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom