Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
superbacker.jpg

Superbacker reporting in! :D! Who's with me, guiiiissseeee?:kfc:
:bro:

Mustawd

I didn't mind the dialogue or talking heads. I'm just not going to support a dishonest campaign with the crappy bullshots. I'll wait until it's developed to buy it on sale at the true price.

*sigh*

Gamers are such impatient retards sometimes.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Estimated Delivery: Q4 2019... 3 years. For a game that already has an engine.

Implementing synchronous and asynchronous co-op in a game like this seems like it would take many, many years. I wouldn't be suprised if the game slipped into 2021.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wonder how much will inXile be paying Styg for each key. Considering they are giving them up for $20 pledges I doubt Styg can get more than $5 for a copy. But at least it will raise awareness of Underrail... right?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I gotta say, I really like the way they do close-up "talking heads", sort of a mixture of fallout 4 and fallout 1+2, it looked cool, even tho it was very pre-alpha/demo work. The vechicles look cool and the snowy graphics, too.

Hope to see more soon.

Athelas

Arcane
If they focus on Wasteland 3 for the upcoming six months or split the manpower between the projects, we can expect Numenera to be Knights of the Old Republic 2 all over again.
I think you're jumping to conclusions.

I doubt T:ToN will have a character as well-written as Kreia.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The 6 minute video was terrible, the gameplay video was promising but I don't trust it. I am not going to back this and I will rather wait those 3-4 years and then get it if I still care.

polo

Magister
Codex give all ur moneys to FarGOD.
Im amazed to ppl in here still giving money to this guy, really. Codex you impress me.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The sheer amount of work that'll go into the talking heads is making me sad. So many hundreds of hours of making meshes and animations for no good reason other than trying to target Mass Effect's audience. And they still won't play your shit, Fargo.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Concept looks enjoyable. I don’t think Wasteland 2 will go down as an absolute classic in the annals of gaming history, but it was good. Problem is when it comes to crowdfunding, good isn’t good enough.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The sheer amount of work that'll go into the talking heads is making me sad. So many hundreds of hours of making meshes and animations for no good reason other than trying to target Mass Effect's audience.

Fargo explicitly referenced Fallout 4 as his inspiration, not Mass Effect.

FO4 has a much bigger audience anyway.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Watched the pitch video. It is campy, and hammy, but man, if you can't find these sketches enjoyable, you don't have a soul.
Liking the up and close dialoges.
Graphics are decent, unfortunately it turned out that those were just promotional shots earlier. Too bad. But meh...whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom