Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"maybe my speed stat is effecting armor but there's no way of actually empirically knowing without actually looking into the game's programming."

Speed stat doesn't effect armour, dumbass. It effects movement rate. FFS

Such a toolbag like you belongs on the PE and DOS forums. Not on WL2 forums.

Such imbeciliness.

Xeon

Augur
I kinda wish if the loot was similar to Fallout or something, enemies drop exactly what they are carrying. So far I think boss[?] type of characters are the only ones dropping items.

Pitball dropped a Heavy Weapon, Infected Doc at AG Ceneter dropped a revolver I think, the assessment dude in the Prison area dropped a Laser gun.

Currently using a Bullpup Sniper Rifle for the main guy, M16 for Angela and I think the Kami something Sniper rifle for the the Indian girl. I might drop the Indian girl tho or at least specialize her on a different weapon, Sniper ammo is pretty expensive and run out fast.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The weapon jam should be applied to individual weapons, not adding up for the whole team. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

:facepalm:

No, J_C, that's not what he meant. It is individual. The emergent result of each individual weapon jamming like that is that you frequently get a weapon jam across the entire party. He just showed you the math demonstrating that.
Ok, ok, I get it. :oops: But having a jam for one member in every combat with 2 percent jam rating is still not plausable.

What a beautiful example that humans are not born to understand probability....
I understand what probability is. But just roll a D100 for a dozen times, and I bet my neck on it that it won't be a 1 or 2 for every 5th time. It could be possible, but if there is true randomness, it won't.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
what exactly is the use of shotguns?
most of them are very costly in AP, and they have super-shitty range, with a mostly useless cone attack.
single-shot shotguns might be the worst gun in the game. turn 1 = move closer to enemy, turn 2 = shoot, turn 3 = reload or unjam, turn 4 = shoot or reload (if jammed).
meanwhile a rifle can with 10 AP get 6 shots in one turn with no need for reloads. my two dudes with FAMAS are killing everything.
the only pros so far is that you can easily support one character with shell ammo.
but even pistols are a thousand times better in terms of tactics and damage.

First 4-5 shotguns are really dissapointing. I ended up using sawed off for burst damage.
But when you found the Titan Valley you can get a really good shotgun from soldiers in there. Long range with a larger cone nad it has burst too! Hitting 5 DBM milita for 40 damage feels good.
But still rifles really rule the day and alter on some SMGs are just deadly.
Energy weapons are another story, melting faces never fail to entertain.

Edit: BTW about luck and jamming. My party have mostly 1-2 in luck but thanks to weaponsmithing I rarely get jamms. Critical success also happens often.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well. I pushed the button. Ranger Citadel.
Who didn't? I bet every player is curious enough to push it. And that glorious ending slide. :D

I wonder how many people complaining about shotguns ITT realize you can press CTRL to fine-tune the cone of fire's
What? And where is this documented! I would have needed this knowledge in my earlier battles. :argh:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I wonder how many people complaining about shotguns ITT realize you can press CTRL to fine-tune the cone of fire's
What? And where is this documented! I would have needed this knowledge in my earlier battles. :argh:

Just open the controls section in options for fuck's sake.
I will check it when I get home. I checked it when I started the game, but I don't remember I ever saw it.

circ

Arcane
I haven't run into any particularly good quests so far, just a bunch of fetch stuff.
Ag center quest was probably best thought out, too bad Vulture is the better group mate - and Ag center is a navigation nightmare. Highpool was pretty simplistic. But the worst so far has to be the Rail Yard. It's like a parody of the worst fetch quest you could imagine. And by the end - after pumping up my speech skills a shitload on my talker, I kept failing it because I didn't type 'both' which was in italics. Well that was a nice thought. I'm not sure I needed any speech skills at all. Har har har Inxile.
Shit better start improving on the quest side dawg.

Oh and I also checked Rail Yard for a female groupmate, there aren't any. Next one you get is some mutant in Darwin.

edit: re: shotguns - my shotgun char is probably doing more criticals than anyone else. And is def pulling their weight in the damage department. It's a nice compliment and really shines in face to face engagement.
Also jams make no sense at all. You know how often the guys in my squad got weapon jams in the army during the time I was there? Not once. And we abused the guns on occasions. Even a piece of shit SMG from ww2 never jammed and it hadn't been serviced in 20 years. You would think Desert Rangers clean their shit too?

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So I'm at the prison, to which I got by stepping over the bodies of my enemies. Currently I'm trying to come up with a way to get in... and though there are reportedly only 2 ways in (one unavailable to me by this point), I have this incredibly strong feeling there has to be a third one in a form of a hidden entrance in the cave under the prison.

Either a insanely high Perception will reveal it or maybe one of the Rangers in the Citadel knows something about it - Vargas would be too obvious. When I get back from work I will try checking this theory.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I am not sure what I encountered but it was interesting nonetheless
Was fooling around the Rail Nomads map just exploring and disabling all traps for that extra xp points, and came upon a pack of waste wolves. I initiated the fight, and all of a sudden this 'Provost' guy appears out of nowhere and begins to pistol those wolves to death at melee ranges. He is like a mysterious stranger in Fallout, is constantly around, never dies, recovers health, and is one courageous fearless man clad in white. And his badassness is confirmed as he seems to talk in Latin, albeit repeating the same three phrases over and over. Stayed with our group until we were done with Rail Nomads, then nowhere to be seen.

Also found a radio tower that was a couple of parts away from being fully functional. Wonder if it could be fixed and allow us to skip Damonta altogether?

A librarian in the Topekan camp was murdered but nobody noticed, maybe I should've tried to mention it to the chief by typing in the text input. Off to the Prison now, the game still is pretty engrossing

I had some of the hardest fights with Rail Thieves yet. The ammo was so scarce the heavy weapons guy was swinging around a wooden staff and another was just a few seconds away from bleeding out. Luckily toads are pretty good source of frag grenades that are apparently all holy since they have 100% accuracy and your hands never jam, so I was able to just scrape by in the last few turns when all looked grim. Thank goodness I can just move grenades around the party members inventory like they are throwing these to each other. The thieves that were pinning us down, noticed that some Rangers were trying to flank them and came out of cover and repositioned, pretty smart.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Gah! Sea or Brother None or someone who's done this before. In Rodia:
How do you do the quest with Beatrice and the evidence? She's locked in the shed and she'll kill me if I let her out, and no one will talk to me about it?!

what exactly is the use of shotguns?
most of them are very costly in AP, and they have super-shitty range, with a mostly useless cone attack.
single-shot shotguns might be the worst gun in the game. turn 1 = move closer to enemy, turn 2 = shoot, turn 3 = reload or unjam, turn 4 = shoot or reload (if jammed).
meanwhile a rifle can with 10 AP get 6 shots in one turn with no need for reloads. my two dudes with FAMAS are killing everything.
the only pros so far is that you can easily support one character with shell ammo.
but even pistols are a thousand times better in terms of tactics and damage.

You can hit multiple enemies with a shotgun at once...

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On the subject of NPCs going rogue: I had Rose "go rogue" three turns in a row in each of two fights in a row. I'm not saying the RNG is bad or that the listed percentage numbers are wrong, but. Yeah.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Damonta is pretty fucked up, but i like the new npc.

Also found it funny how the militia were dropping dildos as loot quite frequently... big, rubery, commando black... dildos.

kain30

Cipher
i have a little doubt
how the hell i enter the prison?? the 20mm cannons beat me up. or maybe i have to enter later in the game?

SniperHF

Arcane
On the subject of NPCs going rogue: I had Rose "go rogue" three turns in a row in each of two fights in a row. I'm not saying the RNG is bad or that the listed percentage numbers are wrong, but. Yeah.

Rose went from a good NPC to virtually unusable because of this. She goes rogue ALL THE TIME. I'm ditching her first chance I get, good thing I already had another surgeon.

i have a little doubt
how the hell i enter the prison?? the 20mm cannons beat me up. or maybe i have to enter later in the game?

Look around the front fence outside the cannons range. But yeah you will probably have to make a trip back later

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
i have a little doubt

You can either get invited, though it is a little bit hard to do or find some robot parts to repair the robot near the prison entrance, that part drops from Damonta map %100 but by chance you can get it before.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
i have a little doubt

You can either get invited, though it is a little bit hard to do or find some robot parts to repair the robot near the prison entrance, that part drops from Damonta map %100 but by chance you can get it before.

The robot tracks didnt actually drop for me in Damonta, not from Tinker or any of the other lesser robots. So im stuck doing it the hard way.

SniperHF

Arcane
The robot tracks didnt actually drop for me in Damonta, not from Tinker or any of the other lesser robots. So im stuck doing it the hard way.

Try Heading to the radio tower again. Also in the beta I got tracks from random encounter robots near Damonta

Zeronet

Learned
Power armor...
is a complete joke. Some random generic merchant guy sells it and when you get it, it's just another invisible armorset with no appearence, backstory or anything. Compared to the questing and such that you go through in fallout and the difficulty of getting power armor in the original wasteland, it's a travesty it's been reduced to a generic armor item. Fully expecting to come across some other merchant selling psuedochitin armor or something daft.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Men.

I arrived in California map, done the first quest in the starting area, gone to map travel and then stumbled across a farm with a farmer and some badgers. Killed badgers, traded with the farmer and...
on the way out got blocked by a group of workbots with a cannon that mash me every time like there's no tomorrow

;_;

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Robots are not fucking around. Best part is they have all kind of stuff mixed. Once I removed my armor to negate enegry weapon damage, that was really a nice idea...till slicers&dicers came into play. There was body parts everywhere!!!!! /gasps

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Men.

I arrived in California map, done the first quest in the starting area, gone to map travel and then stumbled across a farm with a farmer and some badgers. Killed badgers, traded with the farmer and...
on the way out got blocked by a group of workbots with a cannon that mash me every time like there's no tomorrow

;_;

Consider that a taste of what's to come.

Welcome to California, you're fucked.

Oh, no. Aberforth is kill.... :negative:

Guys, I can't go on like this.

Did anyone get a "quirky" skill? Is that the Southwestern Folklore? I backed and I don't see any extra skills.

Navigate to the Rewards section of your account on the Ranger Center website, and you'll be given instructions on how to access Southwestern Lore and the exclusive portraits.

I don't have that. Bug or being a late backer?

circ

Arcane
Really disappointing that armor doesn't show up on toons yeah. Weird that they went to such lenghts to show secondary weapons worn but don't bother showing worn armor. Like I want to see myself wearing bodystockings.

Also.

I guess I'm doing a good guy run through. Some hard speech checks in Titan. Who are the good guys in this? The monks seem like shitheads and DBM are probably just another raider party trying to take over.

Edit: also brawler is fucking broken. 98 critical damage with 2 str and a level 1 brawling weapon? Sure.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom