Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Morkar Left

There seem to be different box versions. There's a German box CE called Rangers Edition and it seems to be cheap (and missing the map). Here's an unboxing of it (just ignore the smug guy and mute the sound):

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
There seem to be different box versions. There's a German box CE called Rangers Edition and it seems to be cheap (and missing the map). Here's an unboxing of it (just ignore the smug guy and mute the sound):
Ranger Edition is one of Deep Silver's retail editions. Those are unrelated to our backer boxes and generally DVD-case-shaped/sized. Some similar goods but for instance the map is printed on paper instead of cloth and the manual is not spiral-bound. The big backer boxes are exclusive to our backers.

Also heh I know that guy, Brian and I headed out to their offices for his GameStar TV segment.

Morkar Left

Brother None
Regarding the map he says it's missing besides it's stated on the box to be included. He says maybe it was just bad luck with his box or DS fucked up for the entire edition. Dunno, maybe you guys should check this out if everything's correct.

Morkar Left

Brother None
Regarding the map he says it's missing besides it's stated on the box to be included. He says maybe it was just bad luck with his box or DS fucked up for the entire edition. Dunno, maybe you guys should check this out if everything's correct.
Not sure, must have been a production error. This guy did have the map.

That guy is a lot more crazy :D.
Could be DS had a bad charge with multiple boxes in Germany? But I guess it's just a unique production error related to one or maybe a couple of boxes. Or Gamestar fucked up because the box was already unsealed.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finisehd, fucking great game. Not as deep dialogue as Fallout but it's NOT FALLOUT FFS.

My only irks are that shotguns and smgs are basically worthless, and I'd like to have seen more variety in weapons/debuffs (all the debuffs are useless since you can kill everyone in the end). Also, some maps are too big and I spent collective hours hiking.

So some of my goodie-two-shoes actions had unintended consequences (like disassembling the Titan), which I like. I don't care about gfx at all, so they were sufficient for me. Most of the toaster items were illogical, so you had to just get lucky to have the right item for the right character. Some more hints woulda been nice in that case.

I'd give it a 92%.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
No weapon is 'worthless'. Why do people lie?

\How is FO 'deep'? There's nothing 'deep' about it even though it's a hella fun game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yep, even in end-game there are mobs with low armor and a good shotty is like a grinder.

It's not even a matter of low armour, but of the enemy mobbing. I had some hilarious mass damage with a jackhammer with an open choke.

I wish there was an endgame mississipi mule with a 90 degrees cone :(

Diablo169

Arcane
So it looks like achievements are either in the process of being added or are already added to the game. There are 49 showing in total.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Okay, I can't work out how to break down weapons to give to Sgt. Tobias Nelson (Gun merchant) in Ranger Citadel. How do you give him 'makings' because I have no idea. :(

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The proper button in this case is 'strip for parts'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom