Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gord

Arcane
Nothing earth-shattering to see there, it's the scene from the gameplay screenshots from a few weeks back, only with some panning/tilting/zooming and a few animations (all characters/model are standing in place, though, no movement/weapon fire/etc.).

Looks much better in movement. :greatjob:

:bro:

I finally managed to watch it, and I must say I agree it does look much better than screenshot. Actually, like someone said (actually it was Quetzacoatl :oops:), it reminds me of troika PA footage a bit (and that's a good thing in my book). And imagine when they add desert wind, sand and some other effects, it will look great for such a game. I must say that I watched the whole vid now, and somehow Fargo gives me confidence that the game will not be bad. How good it will be? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how once again he doesn't grant the current owner of Interplay the dignity of mentioning his name ("majority stockholder")

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
It does look good, other than the fact that the characters are too "animated". I like my tactical warriors standing still as stone waiting for me to give them orders. Not biggie, though, as long as the game works. The whole video is worth watching, pretty inspiring stuff about corporations vs creative individuals.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I assume those animations were just to show them off. It would be weird if they moved like that constantly.

I assume those animations were just to show them off. It would be weird if they moved like that constantly.

Yeah, since what could they actually animate there this early in development except characters and scorpitron. I'd like the scorpitron to be more colorful, like dark green camouflage mixed with rust though (like in the concept art). Not just brown rust. In wasteland 1 robots had cool colors. Maybe this is an old, abandoned scorpitron that is still functioning, and we get to see new ones with color directly from the assembly line... :D

Stinger

Arcane
^I wonder if that Scorpitron was brown just to blend with the desert as opposed to rusting. Maybe as we enter some of the lush green environments we'll find the green camo scorpitrons from the concept art.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Nice keynote. Though he could have spared us blatant lies that you don't need the name like Fargo or Schaffer to be able to get that sort of money. I mean, if not for Fargo and Wasteland in the title, this project would be in league with Expeditions: Conquistador and Legends of Eisenwald, i.e., struggling for 70 - 100k. And only IF, he had a working prototype like aforementioned games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice keynote. Though he could have spared us blatant lies that you don't need the name like Fargo or Schaffer to be able to get that sort of money. I mean, if not for Fargo and Wasteland in the title, this project would be in league with Expeditions: Conquistador and Legends of Eisenwald, i.e., struggling for 70 - 100k. And only IF, he had a working prototype like aforementioned games.

Watch it again, he never says that. Fargo is actually on record saying that you should not go on Kickstarter if you're a complete noob because you don't have a chance.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He said you don't need to be a Fargo to get a good amount of money, he pretty much agrees that you need to have a familiar name to get above 1 million, and that it's understandable because people aren't willing to bet that much on unknowns.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
This a pretty awesome thread: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2348

60011410151065405832139.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well I hope there won't be any frogs in an icecube in WL2.

1) Install a Referer Control plugin for your browser
2) Block *.imageshack.us from knowing what site you originate from
3) Say goodbye to frogs in ice cubes

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That is pretty nuts though. I thought my Fallout collection was alright, but daaaamn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom