Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #64: GOTY Edition renamed to Director's Cut + E3 2015 Trailer, Perks

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Do crowdfunded tabletop games ever fail?

My question was more about HBS since I can see InXile having that many people if not more, specially if every odd writer counts
Oh, well they are working that Dark Soul's clone thing.
I'm really out of the loop

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do crowdfunded tabletop games ever fail?

My question was more about HBS since I can see InXile having that many people if not more, specially if every odd writer counts
Oh, well they are working that Dark Soul's clone thing.
I'm really out of the loop

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...dungeon-delve-from-harebrained-schemes.95197/

Oh and also this: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...mes-hints-at-another-classic-ip-reboot.99331/

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I see, thanks. Thought they were only working on SRHK and that boardgame

Oooh I actually saw that game before. Didn't know it was by HBS.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
i made a supreme jerk playthrough with an assaulter,machine gunner,sub machiner and pistolier plus scotsmo,rose and the energy weapons chick and i didnt have any particular problesm.
you just have to use your brain.
Congrats on being good enough at playing games that you can succeed with gimped builds.

shadow9d9

Learned
Starting to become so only fools buy games the year of release, with all these enhanced editions popping up. Used to be waiting about half a year before purchase would do the job, giving sufficient time for post-release patching to finish the game. Now it seems you end up buying the inferior product unless you wait a year and a half. No way I'm buying the same game twice. This rankles.
Starting? It has been like this for 15+ years... I bought the game to support it and I'll be happy to wait for the definitive version. I can't understand how this could possibly be new to anyone that has been playing PC games for any period of time...

Viata

Arcane
So, this is another way of saying "better wait 1 year and a half after Torment releases to get an enhanced edition". I don't know if buying the game before a year has passed is a good idea anymore.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wasn't this update free for all owners of W2? So why are people moaning about it? Did Inxile changed its mind and decided to charge for the DC version?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wasn't this update free for all owners of W2? So why are people moaning about it? Did Inxile changed its mind and decided to charge for the DC version?

The moaning is powered by the fact that if the average gamer games for 2 hours a day they have 730 hours a year to play. A Wasteland II play through represents 10% of the time they have per year to play a game.

Noting again that back in the day ToEE was released unpatched, company folded, and that was the end. We've graduated to first world problems.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

The bitterness over inXile releasing something they didn't enjoy or considered mediocre or okay at best rather than the ideal of inXile releasing an instant classic and then something that makes it even better.

Like Larian. :troll:

Diggfinger

Arcane

People are moaning because this is teh Codex. 8/10 user posts are obligatoire to be :decline:

As stated in Art. 66(3) of the Codexonocrom

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
2 hours a day is a lot.

Indeed. One hour would have been closer.

I also presume that people would game several hours on one day and not at all on others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom