Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - procedurally generated kingdom management game with ASCII graphics

• Thread starter Robert Jarzebina
  • Start date
Developer
I'd consider it de-facto released but I spent a lot of time adding and expanding new stuff and there were some unfinished little areas keeping us still in EA :)

Developer
Got some stuff in the plans at the moment with a good friend of mine! But it's very early at the moment

Developer
BOLD MOVE
STAKING THE WHOLE KINGDOMS COFFERS ON 'AFFLICTED PEASANT'.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, I finally gave this a go for a few hours and as expected, it isn't really my cup of tea.

However, what a glorious achievement of game development anyway, this is just entirely its own thing, hats off to that!

Developer
Thanks mate, and I appreciate the kindness despite it not being your cup of tea!

Happy new year <3

Developer
Happy to announce the Warsim Generator Toolbox, a free tool made up of all 61 in game generators in Warsim for external use for anyone (DND campaigns/worldbuild or fun)

It came up after a comment from a DND DM wanting to use some of the races in a Warsim screenshot for a campaign and I thought, why not take it a step further.

All these generators are available in the Warsim extras menu so anyone who has the full game doesn't need this tool, but thought I'd share it here anyway :)

https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsims-generator-toolbox

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Happy to announce the Warsim Generator Toolbox, a free tool made up of all 61 in game generators in Warsim for external use for anyone (DND campaigns/worldbuild or fun)

It came up after a comment from a DND DM wanting to use some of the races in a Warsim screenshot for a campaign and I thought, why not take it a step further.

All these generators are available in the Warsim extras menu so anyone who has the full game doesn't need this tool, but thought I'd share it here anyway :)

https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsims-generator-toolbox
It's doing numbers in relevant subreddits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Solo_Roleplaying/comments/10hsid3/warsims_generator_toolbox_by_huw2k8/

https://www.reddit.com/r/solorpgplay/comments/10hskcu/xpost_warsims_generator_toolbox_by_huw2k8/

You should post to r/gamedev and r/indiedev

Developer
Thank you mate! That's awesome of you to share there

Good should on the indiedev and gamedev stuff too, I'll make a post :)

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Should be an option to try and uplift or educate savage groups. I had a group of swamp kobolds for neighbors, but I couldn't talk to them because they were too savage, so they had to go.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Should be an option to try and uplift or educate savage groups. I had a group of swamp kobolds for neighbors, but I couldn't talk to them because they were too savage, so they had to go.
"they wouldn't be savages if they had education"
no

Developer
How would you go about uplifting savages? And would it be restricted to savages with a non hostile relation to you?

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Has the weak economy and combat in this game that was reported in this thread ever been fixed, or is the draw of this game that there is a large amount of content to explore even if the core gameplay is weak?

That seems to be the case based on the changelogs (although to be honest as I progressed through this thread I increasingly skipped much of the stuff in the changelogs) as they are mostly talking about new content being added rather than about iterations to core systems. And honestly, the more content is being added before the core gameplay is well-tuned through iteration the less likely it is that the core gameplay will ever be iterated or improved in a meaningful way. Because that can cause all kinds of bugs or balance issues with the existing large mass of content so major changes to core systems would mean that a lot of the content would need to be reviewed and updated.

Which is fine if that is the case, I could definitely see plenty of enjoyment to be had for a few playthroughs just exploring the different content. I just wanted to make sure I head into this game with the proper expectations of what kind of enjoyment I can find and what kind I can't find if I do decide to give it a try.

Also, I am a bit confused on how procedural this game is. Many of the updates are talking about specific locations that have specific events and actions available at them, and they are even often tied to specific races despite billions or trillions of race possibilities being stated. As far as I can tell from reading this thread the surrounding kingdoms (and maybe your own kingdom?) are procedurally generated, as are many characters you will encounter, but explorable locations are largely fixed. Is that correct?

If so, that is a shame as I can see that taking a lot of replayability out of the game. The map and locations being randomized is a big factor in how replayable a strategy game is, as they strongly impact the strategies you will be able to make use of in that playthrough.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom