Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WARNO from Eugen Systems

Ba'al

Scholar
I like the small scale AG campaign they released. You can finish it in one sitting, playing the 2 or 3 important battles and auto-resolving the rest. I "won" both NATO and PACT sides on medium difficulty without too much trouble, though the NATO side is definitely harder having much less units. The AI seemed passable though I'll have to play on hard to see if it pulled any punches. So far the only thing that I found a bit strange is the action point system; there were a couple of times when some of my units couldn't participate in a fight even though I was careful with managing their action points.
Eugen said that this is the shortest campaign and that by release the game will have four (not counting the one just released): I think 2 medium length, 1 large and 1 HUEG. Seems to me that they have all the mechanics worked out so the other campaigns shouldn't take that long to make... right?

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They struggling for cash or something? Why release something so bare.
The dlc model for steel division 2 was a complete financial failure.Their entire company is structured to function on dlc sales.
So yeah,they are going back to basics.
Really ? And you know that because ... ?
Because this game exists and is obviously rushed out.
A lil bit more info:
Not one piece of dlc managed to ramp up steel division ii's play count meaningfully.That was not the case with wargame. The original steel division didn't have much dlc anyway.
Wargame dlc's provided a small burst to the original launch playercount.
It doesn't help that steel division 2's dlc are numerous and lacking. Tribute to the d-day doesn't even include Omaha beach.

As for their model,it is pretty much the norm for anything aa in terms of strategy devs. The dlc is what keeps you afloat.

Just to remind people, when releasing the first Wargame Eugen's shtick was not only no bullshit DLCs, but no DLCs at all. :negative:

Multiplayer focus sim heavy strategy games are doomed to fail. It's not fun to loose battles for the most bullshit gameplay mechanics like line of sight, milliseconds time to kill, pixel hunting for range and heavy rock, paper, scissors unit balance. Their best game for MP is still RUSE.

They struggling for cash or something? Why release something so bare.
The dlc model for steel division 2 was a complete financial failure.Their entire company is structured to function on dlc sales.
So yeah,they are going back to basics.
Really ? And you know that because ... ?
Because this game exists and is obviously rushed out.
A lil bit more info:
Not one piece of dlc managed to ramp up steel division ii's play count meaningfully.That was not the case with wargame. The original steel division didn't have much dlc anyway.
Wargame dlc's provided a small burst to the original launch playercount.
It doesn't help that steel division 2's dlc are numerous and lacking. Tribute to the d-day doesn't even include Omaha beach.

As for their model,it is pretty much the norm for anything aa in terms of strategy devs. The dlc is what keeps you afloat.

Just to remind people, when releasing the first Wargame Eugen's shtick was not only no bullshit DLCs, but no DLCs at all. :negative:

Multiplayer focus sim heavy strategy games are doomed to fail. It's not fun to loose battles for the most bullshit gameplay mechanics like line of sight, milliseconds time to kill, pixel hunting for range and heavy rock, paper, scissors unit balance. Their best game for MP is still RUSE.
What a pleb. Not "fun" to play with miliseconds time to kill? What the fuck am I reading. It's the most fun! Every descion matters, one misstep and instantly punishment. Wrong tactics? Instantly exploited. This is the most fun to play a sim heavy strategy game. They have a LOS tool ffs. These is significantly less rock, paper, scissor unit balance in this game because of the prefoliation of rockets and missile meaning a lot more platforms are threats against armour and aviation.

Wargame and WARNO is extremely fun in multiplayer. It's immensely gratifying laying down tons of ordnance at a camper and roll over them. Or instantly wipe a 50 man platoon of 4 squads with 2tons of bombs delivered by bombers, you just blink and they are gone. And WARNO is still getting new features and balance toning to it!

You are simply a noob. Git Gud

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom