Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlordocracy - RTwP RPG/RTS from developer of Brigand: Oaxaca - now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Calling on some militia contracts to assault some Third Moon Pirates (but failing and dying).

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Wrapping up 3 more side quests for Warlordocracy Ch.2 before release on Monday. No fetch quests to collect 10 goblin panties, promise.

Wishlist now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2498110/Warlordocracy_Ch_2/

Screenie.jpg

Played the game for the first time. Managed to get a character stuck in a pathfinding loop right in the tutorial. The pathfinding is truly retarded. How so?

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Fuck, I thought it was finally tolerable.

EDIT: Brigand actually has much worse pathfinding, but you don't notice it because it's first person and most baddies have guns.

Last edited:

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Unfortunately there is no simple solution. The exact algorithm is A*, but even an extremely simplified version of A* is ridiculously slow. I have a big 500 page book on pathfinding AI.

EDIT: Also, whatever video you posted is unavailable for me.

Last edited:

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Thanks. That was working about as well as expected. They can turn corners easily, checking for diagonal first/last, as well as L-shaped movement, and they can find doorways marked with waypoints easily, but going all the way around a building or large cliff is a bitch unless I manually add waypoints around each corner (and even then it's messy). I'll work on it more eventually.

Good stuff. I really like your approach to RPGs, as can be seen in Brigand and on your blog. Hopefully, the pathfinding won't be that much of a hurdle for Warlordocracy.

I don't have time to play through it right now, but I am looking forward to it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You can now ignite/extinguish torches in Warlordocracy early access v11.8. Here's a video of using flint+steel and a bucket of water, but there's multiple ways to do it. Now to start on Ch.3 for realsies.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Just started on Ch.3 alpha and uploaded it to Patreon. Got slingshots, turtles, sharks, and more. Right now there's only two islands (one for each faction) with some baddies to kill. Also uploaded a new PDF for patrons detailing myth+magic.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

A group of siliki swimming out from Nightsteam Reef to electrocute a shark.

Upcoming patch (v12.4) will include swimming, and player characters can also learn to swim as a Physique ability.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Fighting some crocodiles and leapers in Babadoo Mire in Warlordocracy Ch.3 (coming 30 April). Shale has the passive Swimming ability, which lets her swim in deep water.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Got a few "innate" abilities working for certain species. Siliki can dive underwater, trogs can burrow under sand. Don't wanna say "racial abilities" because they are different species (not races), and the adjective for species is "specific", because English is stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom