Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhorse's Kingdom Come: Deliverance Is Now on Kickstarter

more than 30 mln zlotych so at least 10.000.000 dollars

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I'm also a bit sceptical about M&B2, as it seems it is also going to be consolised to some degree. Although there is not a whole lot of information on that game I think. Warhorse should be given the benefit of the doubt I guess. The game does have potential, and it certainly looks and sounds quite nice.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
50k pounds, 1/6 of the goal, in just a couple of hours.

Guess he proved there was interest in this.

Yes it's looking very, very good so far. Currently it's 81,000 and you can see the figure rise every 5 minutes.

And I haven't even have time to study the information and make my pledge ..

He should be happy. Some unknown Euros testing the water for him? It's the best possible situation. If they even get close to their funding level, Obsidian should be able to blow it away.

By the way nothing like that simply falls from the heavens either. The project has been in development for ca two years now, and during all this time it was open for a publisher to take. Now it looks like they went *fuck it, we go the crowdfunding route. less money during development but also creative freedom and the freedom to communicate directly with the gamers.

We who read the KKKodex for 5-10 years already know .. such projects can only take off with crowdfunding and private investors. The publishers are too slow, unimaginative and retarded. But if this will be a success we will see a dozen clones, and realistic medieval theme becoming the new fad like grimdark, c&c, retro and turn based before.

As a fan of Mount&Blade, I approve of this game! It's nice that the incline can also touch action rpgs. Future really does seem bright.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Watched about 15 seconds of the video before I decided to back. Been following this for a while, looks great and has a very cool setting. Really looking forward to this one.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They definitely have the benefit of already having worked on the game for quite a while and it shows.
Normally, requesting only 300k for a game like this would be madness.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Looks fantastic but I doubt his claim that they are able to combine M&B combat and Witcher storytelling is more than marketing nonsense.
I would still play the hell out of it even if Deliverance doesn't deliver.
negotiations would inevitably hit a dead end at the point where the publishers' marketing departments got involved. Why?

"Your game is too niche. There’s no magic. People want wizards and dragons."

I don't need any fucking dragons but lack of magic, sorcery, mythical beasts kill it for me. Oh and the keyword "3 Acts" as well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Love it. Backed.

Although - I was looking for an option to get all 3 chapters but that's apparently 500 bucks.
I'm just a smidgeon disappoint.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Love it. Backed.

Although - I was looking for an option to get all 3 chapters but that's apparently 500 bucks.

I would imagine that they want to be careful about how many people are able to get the next two chapters for "free" at this point.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
The 3 Acts situation is explained in FAQ. KS and the 500k cover only Act 1.
So imagine if the game was Star Citizen level succesful. That would change a lot.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Love it. Backed.

I would imagine that they want to be careful about how many people are able to get the next two chapters for "free" at this point.

I was ready to pledge 60 - 100 bucks for all 3. That wouldn't be for free. But 500 bucks is just too whopping.

That's not a whine though, just a comment.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Love it. Backed.

I was ready to pledge 60 - 100 bucks for all 3. That wouldn't be for free. But 500 bucks is just too whopping.

That's not a whine though, just a comment.

Well, I put free in quotes because, like you said it isn't free, but it also is money that is now and not later, and guaranteeing a trilogy of games (because it looks like they want each act to be about a games worth of content) seems a lot riskier (especially considering the production values they are shooting for, and the low asking amount) then going, here is this one, help us out, let's see where we are at the end up of it.

norolim

Arcane
Sounds interesting. It should be a good diversion from all those highly anticipated traditional, tactical, turn-based, party-based, isometric, non-linear, old-school RPGs that are to be released in the next couple of years. Will back.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Let's just fund the whole thing via Kickstarter, private investors be damned. :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom